Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Icon Tools

Last updated on 2 days ago
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 5 months ago
I used the config you created with the 'Geometric-Blue' theme, I enclose the file
AMIGASYSTEM attached the following file:
config.zip [1.18kB / 73 Downloads]
Posted 5 months ago
If it helps, if you increase the value on "BarHeight" to "29", the problem on "Icondrop" disappears, the theme consequently corrupts the colour of the bar "disabled"
M
miker1264Software Dev
Posted 5 months ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM - If it helps, if you increase the value on "BarHeight" to "29", the problem on "Icondrop" disappears, the theme consequently corrupts the colour of the bar "disabled"

I posted a response and it disappeared.

Sometimes if the physical height of the window titlebar doesn't match the value in the config, or if the window borders left, right, bottom don't match the config value then it causes issues. Graphic distortions will happen. Also the titlebar height needs to match the PNG artwork. So basically a theme matches a config.
Edited by miker1264 on 20-12-2023 20:20, 5 months ago
Posted 5 months ago
It is solved by modifying "BarHeight "29" and "Titlebar height 58"

Then in some cases all the gatdgets have to be resized, hard work!
M
miker1264Software Dev
Posted 4 months ago
Recently I've been painting some new icons for my Icon Tools. They are in the style of Ken's Icons v4. They will be posted along with each corresponding Icon Tool when they are finished.
Edited by miker1264 on 22-12-2023 15:01, 4 months ago
miker1264 attached the following image:
new_app_icons.png
Posted 4 months ago
Regarding Icondrop, modifying all my themes including those created by you is a very complex job, because you have to modify the whole graphic part with the risk of losing quality, I hope you solve it differently.
M
miker1264Software Dev
Posted 4 months ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM - Regarding Icondrop, modifying all my themes including those created by you is a very complex job, because you have to modify the whole graphic part with the risk of losing quality, I hope you solve it differently.

What do you need to modify? The icon tool doesn't have anything to do with the theme.

You said one theme had an issue. This is the exact same user interface that was used on IconClone. The button lengths are different and the buttons are in a different location. No other differences. Maybe AROS One x86 has an issue? What causes the graphics distortions on the AROS About Box? Does it happen for more than one window theme?

I'll do some tests with Icaros Desktop and Tiny AROS with several different window themes. But I don't foresee any issues.
Edited by miker1264 on 22-12-2023 17:51, 4 months ago
Posted 4 months ago
Initially it was one, then after testing them, the problem on all my themes, but also on some of yours: Modern-Blue, Lavander-Blue, OS4 modern forest green, OS4 lavender blue theme, Diagonal blue theme, OS4 coffee bean, only works well only those that have the BarHeight= 29

The problem also exists on Icaros, see screenshot (Theme Modern-Blue)

IconClone does not have this problem!
AMIGASYSTEM attached the following image:
icaros.jpg
M
miker1264Software Dev
Posted 4 months ago
AMIGASYSTEM

I was able to reproduce the error on Tiny AROS. I believe the EraseRectangle coords are off a bit.

I will test it and adjust it. Thanks for testing it. The results of testing are that the coords are 2 pixels off at the top of each display area so I will need to adjust them. I wrote a nice calibration tool that instead of displaying the images it draws red rectangles to test display coords.
Edited by miker1264 on 22-12-2023 20:19, 4 months ago
Posted 4 months ago
OK, thanks

In Demo I found an application called "IconScale", it basically resizes all the Icons in the system in both small and large sizes, on reboot the Icons return to the original size Smile see screenshot

The application doesn't work well, for DualPNG the second image is corrupted Shock
AMIGASYSTEM attached the following image:
iconscale.jpg
M
miker1264Software Dev
Posted 4 months ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM - OK, thanks

In Demo I found an application called "IconScale", it basically resizes all the Icons in the system in both small and large sizes, on reboot the Icons return to the original size Smile see screenshot

The application doesn't work well, for DualPNG the second image is corrupted Shock

It's a simple demo application that uses the Global ScaleBox to rescale all the icon images at layout time based on a specified width, height.

I haven't tried it but it seems to be useful.
Edited by miker1264 on 23-12-2023 15:27, 4 months ago
M
miker1264Software Dev
Posted 4 months ago
The IconDrop icon tool has a display issue with the EraseRectangle coordinates. The problem is that I have added some buttons at the bottom of the window which increases the window height. This causes the y-coordinate of EraseRectangle to be off by a couple pixels. But Display_Image works just right. The GadTools coordinates are such a pain to work with. It's very complicated.

After some effort I corrected the coordinates for Display_Rectangle which draws a red or green (or other color) rectangle used to calibrate the coordinates for EraseRectangle. But the function to EraseRectangle is still not resolved. It merely fills a rectangle using the background color. That simulates "erasing" a part of background.

At first I thought of drawing a solid color the same size as the actual image before calling EraseRectangle to see what gets erased. But then I thought about simply replacing entirely EraseRectangle with a blank image composed of an array of the background color. This works because it does the same as EraseRectangle.

So the IconDrop display issue will be resolved.
Edited by miker1264 on 25-12-2023 12:57, 4 months ago
Posted 4 months ago
miker I noticed that with Icon Clone 1.09, you can drag a folder "without an icon", even if you have to drag it twice.

On the other hand, the method does not work if you drag an exe or data file "without an icon", after many attempts it sometimes crashes the system!

With Icon Clon 1.08 on Aros-Archive, on the other hand, you only have to drag the folder once, even in this version it is not possible to drag data or exe files
M
miker1264Software Dev
Posted 4 months ago
My post disappeared again.

AMIGASYSTEM

Thanks for testing it thoroughly. I hope you enjoyed the Christmas Holiday. Smile

Could you please post a small video showing what the exact problem is so I can re-create it and hopefully resolve it? Maybe post a few sample icons you used to test with.

IconClone 1.8 was the first version. I haven't posted version 1.9 because I'm still updating it .
Posted 4 months ago
Ok I attach the video test, in the test I used a DualPNG "Folder" icon (without .info file) and a DualPNG Icon Tool/Project (without .info file)

IconClone 1.8 = Simply drag the "Folder" icon once for it to be accepted by the GUI
IconClone 1.9 = The "Folder" icon must be dragged twice to be accepted by the GUI
test-iconclone.zip [8.14MB / 68 Downloads]
Posted 4 months ago
miker, with the new Core 'Icondrop' seems to no longer have that problem Shock

I don't know what fixed it, maybe the fonts in the new build?
M
miker1264Software Dev
Posted 4 months ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM - miker, with the new Core 'Icondrop' seems to no longer have that problem Shock

I don't know what fixed it, maybe the fonts in the new build?

That's ok. I'm working on a fix to make sure. Thanks for checking it out for me though. Smile

As for the video you posted regarding IconClone that's a problem with extra dots and dashes in filenames. The program at the moment treats them as bad filenames. You could use a workaround by renaming the image then use IconClone to copy the images then name it to what it was originally. That may be better till I finish the method to handle dots in filename error.

In the meantime I have attached some sample icons images for you. I used the AROS One Blue Folder as a guide then I painted an oblique view.
Edited by miker1264 on 27-12-2023 16:11, 4 months ago
miker1264 attached the following file:
blue_folders.zip [24.44kB / 70 Downloads]
Posted 4 months ago
Even without dots, with simple names like 01, the same thing happens, even without extensions the same thing happens, as mentioned this only happens with project or binary icons 'Which the system' assigns to the Def Icons file!
M
miker1264Software Dev
Posted 4 months ago
AMIGASYSTEM

Please try this newer version of IconClone v1.09 to see if it works better. Thanks for testing it. Smile
miker1264 attached the following file:
iconclonex86_12-27-23.zip [40.36kB / 76 Downloads]
Posted 4 months ago
Nothing has changed, now even the folders are not replaced, see attached video.

Perhaps this is a problem that only affects DualPNGs?
test-iconclone-19.zip [5.95MB / 76 Downloads]
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator
Users who participated in discussion: amigamia, deadwood, AMIGASYSTEM, pixie, Amiwell79, miker1264
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 3
Members Online 0

Total Members: 228
Newest Member: r-tea
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]