Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Introductions

Introduce Yourself if you are a first timer.
179 posts | Last Activity on 26-09-2018 05:28 by jp48
J
jp48 26-09-2018 05:28, 6 years ago
Re: hello
Hi, I am from Finland, new with AROS, never had Amiga when kid, but at the moment I am building AROS system for composing music, that's the main goal. Will be asking few questions, to get things running :) ! Thanks ! -Jukka
Responded in hello
K
kjanz1899 21-04-2015 22:00, 9 years ago
Re: Hello and Looking for Help with AROS Exec account
I'm back on ae with my kjanz1899 username and hopefully a non-blacklisted email address. Thanks again for your support.
M
magorium 21-04-2015 14:49, 9 years ago
If you are using the same username, then unfortunately your name isn't listed. Or to put it in layman's terms: there isn't a (visible) account. Since admin over there is quite occupied with IRL, it might indeed be more fruitful to just create another account and using a non-blacklisted e-mail domain. I have no idea how long your account existed, but it might be that is was 'removed' by accident because of the major spamming that took place in the past, or that it perhaps was flagged as 'indecent' account from the beginning because of the blacklisted e-mail domain. If you can be bothered (and don't mind) then please go ahead and just create a new account. Thank you for supporting AROS.
K
kjanz1899 21-04-2015 07:04, 9 years ago
Thank you amigamia for the warm welcome. I'm looking to port jansson a library for parsing json. At this point I'm still getting a handle on the gnu make configure and make commands though I'm close to having something to alpha test. magorium, to answer your question I am using the same account on ae so it's kjanz1899. Also I'm using one of the email domains listed in the post you mentioned. thank you for the assistance with my ae account. So do I need to re-register with a new name and email? I can certainly change to another email address that won't be flagged.
M
magorium 20-04-2015 15:06, 9 years ago
hi kjanz1899, Sorry to hear you have problems with your aros-exec account. As amigamia said: It is perfectly valid to post your questions here as well. Regarding your ae account. Please be aware of [url=http://aros-exec.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=457]this newspost[/url] (scroll down to read). I'll inform admin of AE with a pm of you issues. I'll report back in case i got a response. It might be helpful and/or speed up things if you would be able to report back your username that you used on ae-forums.
amigamia
amigamia 19-04-2015 23:22, 9 years ago
[quote][url=http://arosworld.org/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=143&pid=792#post_792][b]kjanz1899 wrote:[/b][/url] Hello I recently installed Icaros on Debian and have been looking for applications to port to AROS. Recently my AROS Exec account stopped working. When I try to login it tells me that my login is invalid. When I try to request a password it tells me my email address does not match an account.[/quote] Welcome to AROSWorld.org kjanz1899, There are a few of us lurking around here but with tons of knowledge about AROS. Have you already tried to port anything yet? Cavemann has already managed to port many games/applications. Perhaps he can give us a few pointers to how that is done successfully. In any case, welcome and I hope you enjoy this place. Feel free to share code/pictures/comments/etc. we need it.
K
kjanz1899 19-04-2015 20:27, 9 years ago
Hello I recently installed Icaros on Debian and have been looking for applications to port to AROS. Recently my AROS Exec account stopped working. When I try to login it tells me that my login is invalid. When I try to request a password it tells me my email address does not match an account.
serk118uk
serk118uk 10-11-2014 16:18, 9 years ago
Re: Thanks for letting me in. ;)
Welcome:)..
M
magorium 04-09-2014 11:04, 10 years ago
Also congratz from me for being the 100th member and of course a welcome to our forums Dolcetto. It's always nice to see 'new' people interested in Amiga history (and at the same time grab a taste of AROS) :D Lot's of things changed over the years, and AROS itself is (still and up to this date) a very exciting yourney. Cavemann already linked towards the most imporant resource regarding AROS and x86 machines -> be sure to also check-out the [url=http://aros-exec.org/]aros-exec forums[/url] for issues (that others have run into before you as well). (unfortunately, at present it seems people are unable to register there atm). Of course, feel free to ask your questions. Most topics are documented, but sometimes it's a pita to locate them. I've read you talking about history, but i missed something ;), so make sure to also check-out [url=http://www.morphos-team.net/]MorphOS[/url] (in case you haven't already), which is also an important part of amiga-history, and a bit intertwined with AROS as well. Please, enjoy your stay (and journey)
amigamia
amigamia 03-09-2014 23:12, 10 years ago
Welcome to AROSWORLD and congratulations on being the 100th member on this site ;) The last 100th member happened to be a spammer so I removed it and you took the spot.
C
cavemann 02-09-2014 14:10, 10 years ago
Amiga certainly has a place in computer history. Imo, it was the first modern multimedia home computer :) Of course, Apple was the first to adapt a mouse driven gui, but the Mac only had a 9 inch black & white screen. Amiga had multitasking, 4096 colors, 4 channels of 8 bit audio, all integrated on the motherboard. Iirc, Commodore bought the Amiga from a small startup called Hi-Toro. Too bad Commodore had management problems, and could not keep up with the fast pace of computer tech. The avatar is a scene from an old movie called, 2001: A Space Odyssey ;)
Dolcetto
Dolcetto 02-09-2014 05:34, 10 years ago
By the way, that avatar of yours... I saw it before. If I remeber rightly, it was on a page with a game store ad... and the apre was grabbing a pad. :D
Dolcetto
Dolcetto 02-09-2014 05:33, 10 years ago
Well, that's quite simple. :) Putting away the technical side of computer science, I often act like a sort of... historian, and I've any problem in admitting that most of times I prefer the old environment... ^^" One day, I thought of that strange machine... how was that? Right, "Amiga". All I knew was just that the machine had its own grafical OS, so I became curious about it. I didn't know it was called "workbench", so I searched fo "Amiga OS", and I found OS4. Starting from the OS4 point I went backward to the old Amiga history. :)
C
cavemann 02-09-2014 04:58, 10 years ago
Welcome to ArosWorld :) Most of us are long time Amiga fans. So I'm somewhat curious about how you discovered Amiga, and AROS, in the post desktop era? Anyway, good luck in building an AROS machine. Sometimes it can be a challenge to find an AROS compatible setup. But there is some online help available. [url]http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Aros/Platforms/x86_support[/url] And people here are always available to answer newbie questions ;) Thanks for saying hello :)
Dolcetto
Dolcetto 02-09-2014 00:44, 10 years ago
Hello there! :D I'm a newbie in the Amiga world, curious and excited about a new discovery, AROS! :D Using it on VMWare adn partially supported hardware (waiting to find a fully supported configuration and build my own AROS machine), I'd like to make my part in the development of this amazing OS. :) Well, there's nothing more to say, except I'm glad I can discuss here. ^_^
M
magorium 18-07-2014 16:41, 10 years ago
Re: Hello From Kjmann
Thank you very much amigamia. It couldn't have been possible without you :)
Responded in Hello From Kjmann
amigamia
amigamia 18-07-2014 12:03, 10 years ago
Done Sir! ;)
M
magorium 17-07-2014 16:00, 10 years ago
Hi kjmann, quite a curicculum you have there :) welcometo these forums. Enjoy the stay @amigamia: while you're at it... was the link to bszili updated ? if not, are you able to do so ? the new site is: http://bszili.morphos.me/
K
kjmann 17-07-2014 15:57, 10 years ago
Just did an update to the website. should be current now. I will post our new upcoming game soon. =)
K
kjmann 17-07-2014 13:52, 10 years ago
[quote][url=http://arosworld.org/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=90&pid=523#post_523][b]amigamia wrote:[/b][/url] Weclome to AROSWORLD Kjmann! I hope you enjoy this site even if it doesn't have much traffic. Could you provide some links to your company and video games? I would love to add them in the list of links[/quote] No Problem: =) The Site's a little outdated. http://www.atlantisgamesgroup.com
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator

Filter by Tags

Popular Threads This Week

AROS One x86 Work In Progressby AMIGASYSTEM 140 posts
Tiny Aros DistrĂ²by Amiwell79 103 posts
AROS ABIv0 20220318-1 Supportby deadwood 55 posts
Bars&Pipes 1.0 is Availableby Amiwell79 53 posts
Buttons not shownby OlafSch 9 posts
WipEout Rewriteby Farox 4 posts
Errors in DOS commands?by OlafSch 3 posts
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 2
Members Online 0

Total Members: 225
Newest Member: -micky
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]