Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

AROS One Support, Tips And Requests

Last updated on 1 month ago
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 1 month ago
I read your e-mail, I am glad that SMB2 worked well for you and you set up and shared your file server with AROS One.
Posted 1 month ago
I don't use Linux, if you need to share Network Drives or Folders with AROS One you can simply do it with SMB2, On AROS One there is also a handy GUI to create the DOSDriver (Mountlist), similar to the DOSDriver you used for AMiGA to mount a CD.

I enclose a video of me showing all the steps, quick and easy, you can create an automatic or on-demand connection by clicking on Icon from Wanderer or AmiStart.

SMB2: Creating, Mounting, Unmounting SMB2
pikewerferpikewerferJunior Member
Posted 1 month ago
Question: How would I connect Aros One 2.5 to a Linux Samba?

Is there a manual for the most common things people do with their OS after installation?
Edited by pikewerfer on 14-06-2024 09:01, 1 month ago
Posted 2 months ago
If I add '-O2 -g' the size is equal to MakeFile

GCC main.c locale.c task.c timer.c mcc_RunningGauge.c -o StackMon > 27,8 KB

GCC main.c locale.c task.c timer.c mcc_RunningGauge.c -O2 -g -o StackMon > 159 KB

MakeFile > 159 KB

Ok Thanks for the info that I may need in the future !
Posted 2 months ago
If I add '-O2 -g' the size is equal to MakeFile

GCC main.c locale.c task.c timer.c mcc_RunningGauge.c -o StackMon > 27,8 KB

GCC main.c locale.c task.c timer.c mcc_RunningGauge.c -O2 -g -o StackMon > 159 KB

MakeFile > 159 KB

Ok Thanks for the info that I may need in the future !
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 2 months ago
The change of TARGET should be ok - you will just get the executable in different directory. I can't answer the question of why the size differs between two compilation method, possible due to different settings. Add -O2 -g to your command line before -o StackMon and see if that makes the sizes same.
Posted 2 months ago
I corrected from [8] to [16] works fine !

Question just to learn !

The MakeFile gave me an error when compiling because a path was not found, I made a small change and the copilation was successful, but I do not know if I did it right !

TARGET=../StackMon corrected to TARGET=StackMon

Yesterday in the compilation I had obtained a smaller executable because I had not used the MakeFile but I had used a string, maybe I needed to add a few more things ?, I had used this string

GCC main.c locale.c tasks.c timer.c mcc_RunningGauge.c -o StackMon
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 2 months ago
For StackMon the problem is in program itself. Stack above 10000000 (8 digits) will cause the bug to manifest itself. Re-compilation will not help.

The fix most likely is to change line 206 in tasks.c - from [8] to [16]
Posted 2 months ago
@miker

After doing some testing with DTConvert GUI, I was able to replicate the Guru!

Basically if you click on the "Source File" tab, open the request file and choose undo without choosing any files, then do the same thing with "Destination", i.e. open request file and then click undo, at which point if you click convert the Guru appears.
N
ntromansJunior Member
Posted 2 months ago
The new StackMon works for me (including with OWB open) - great work , many thanks:-)

Re, DTConvertGUI, from miker's reply maybe the error (at least for my machine) is actually in Gadtools? Woulld make sence as pretty much everything else is using Zune and works just fine.

Cheers,
Nigel.
Posted 2 months ago
I confirm StackMon if it is open OWB goes into Guru !

I recompiled (GCC library C) StackMon on AROS One, now it seems not to go into Guru anymore, it happened only once after running StackMon many times in a row, I attach file, try it !
AMIGASYSTEM attached the following file:
stackmon.zip [19.29kB / 78 Downloads]
M
miker1264Software Dev
Posted 2 months ago
That looks like the DTConvert GUI that I developed. It is written to work with Gadtools UI. There is another one called DTConvert that is MUI/Zune. I didn't develop that one however.

It hasn't been fully tested so let me know if there's any odd behavior or if it doesn't work.
N
ntromansJunior Member
Posted 2 months ago
Ram is fine (no issues with any other program including Janus which I give a lot of memoery to) and I have 2GB of it.

The DTConvertGUI crash was not linked to OWB - this happends even if DTConvertGUI is the first and only thing started after boot. It was the StackMon error which only happended after OWB was started,

As mentioned, for at least the privilidge violation error (DTConvertGUI) I wonder if it's due to the CPU type on the netbook; it would be interesting to know if anyone else running an Intel Atom based machine has seen anything similar?

Cheers,
Nigel.
Posted 2 months ago
As you can see from the screenshot I started 4 "OWB" and 4 "DTConvert GUI" without any problem !!!

How much RAM do you have on your PC ? have you checked that the RAM is good ?

For YAM unfortunately it is unstable, it happens that for no reason it crashes the system, or when you add an attachment, when you simultaneously use Wander with some other application.

www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/attachments/owb_10.jpg
AMIGASYSTEM attached the following image:
owb_10.jpg
N
ntromansJunior Member
Posted 2 months ago
Hi Amigasystem,
Firstly thanks for moving my posts detaiing the bugs - I was going to try to do that this lunchtime you've already done it! Sorry again for posting in the wrong place.

YAM's bugs are annoyingly intrmittent but can you forward an e-mail? For me selecting 'forward' always locks up YAM.

Booting from AROSOne 2.5 lite DVD - same crash with DTConvert GUI

StackMon has a new discovery - it's crashing when OWB is open; if not StackMon starts OK. Now, I've got he stack on OWB set to a massive value to try to stop it locking up when browsing (320000000 bytes) so possibly that large value is crashing StackMon?

Cheers,
Nigel.
Posted 2 months ago
GHI did some Tests see screenshots, only once I received a Guru, other times I attached files and received no error, so it may be an internal YAM bug.

For "DTConvertGU" and "StackMon" no problem, I don't think it depends on your PC, as verification try them with AROS One "Live" from ISO or DVD on the same PC, if it works it means you have something incompatible in your system

www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/attachments/yam_1.jpg
N
ntromansJunior Member
Posted 2 months ago
Mixing files from distibutions? No - this is a clean, new install of 2.5 on a new hard-drive (the old one was full so I took it as an opportunity to replace it and start from scratch). I'm wondering if this is a CPU specific error - the Samsung runs an Intel Atom.

As to Yam, it's clicking on an icon for an attachment in the bottom of the read message window - please see attachment below for an exmple (the html file). As mentioned, this is very itermittent and I haven't identified the exact combination of actions which generate it.

Cheers,
Nigel.
ntromans attached the following image:
yam.jpg
Posted 2 months ago
Do not add any comments, this thread is dedicated solely and exclusively to the various AROS One distributions released over time and the various improvements, thank you.
If you want to ask for information, clarification or report problems with AROS One, you can do so in these threads:

AROS One Support, Tips And Requests
AROS Onx86 Work In Progress
AROS One 68k Work In Progress
Posted 2 months ago
ntromans, I with AROS One v2.5 have no Guru with "DTConvertGU" and with "StackMon", see scrennshot !
You probably don't have "Authentic" AROS One v.25, surely you mixed system files from the old Core or software/libraries from old distributions.

Even with YAM I don't have any Guru I tried it for a few minutes, although I didn't understand which icon to click, take a screenshot

Install AROS One v2.5 "Clean" and then try running these applications again !

www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/attachments/stackmon.jpg
Edited by AMIGASYSTEM on 02-06-2024 04:02, 2 months ago
AMIGASYSTEM attached the following image:
stackmon.jpg
N
ntromansJunior Member
Posted 2 months ago
Sticking with 2.5 on my Samsung N130, I've been having a bit of a try out of the included software and have been hitting the occasional privelidge violation error.

This first happend with YAM when trying to click on an icon at the bottom of the read message window, but this wasn't consistent and to be honest YAM can be a bit unstable at the best of times.

However, I've found an occurance that seems to be reproduceable with DTConvertGUI. After starting, if you immediately hit 'cancel' you get the error attached below.

Cheers,
Nigel.

P.S. I'm currently not finding anything else that's ustable though, and this install defintely feels faster that than the old 2.2; due to the new C library? Anyway, aside from the odd issue as noted above looking great!

P.P.S. Spoke too soon - StackMon also gives an error (please see below).
Edited by ntromans on 01-06-2024 18:57, 2 months ago
ntromans attached the following image:
dtconvertgui_error.jpg stackmon_error.jpg
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 9
Members Online 0

Total Members: 243
Newest Member: fred410
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]