Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

AROS One Support, Tips And Requests

Last updated on 2 months ago
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 5 months ago
Thread dedicated to receive information, collaborations or advices to improve my Distribution AROS One x86/68k
Signature: AROS One All Thread
AROS One Home Site
AROS One Facebook
AMIGASYSTEM attached the following file:
catalog.zip [5.16MB / 40 Downloads]
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 5 months ago
Congratz on the new release! Great to see things being improved Smile
R
retrofazaJunior Member
Posted 5 months ago
Can I download an older release somewhere? I want to test something, I think it used to detect my graphics card but now it doesn't.
Posted 5 months ago
Which version are you interested in? I can attach the link here!

I avoid making old versions available, because many people download old versions instead of the recent ones and then maybe something doesn't work
R
retrofazaJunior Member
Posted 5 months ago
2.0 because I had it before 2.2
Posted 5 months ago
Do you more or less remember which version, do you need the Imagine USB or the ISO DVD?
R
retrofazaJunior Member
Posted 5 months ago
v2.0 USB image
Posted 5 months ago

AROS One v2.0 USB image download:
https://drive.goo...sp=sharing

Let us know if it works and which video card you use
R
retrofazaJunior Member
Posted 5 months ago
thanks, I'll do some tests and let you know
R
retrofazaJunior Member
Posted 5 months ago
In both cases I select the first option in the GRUB menu - AROS native gfx card

AROS 2.0 - card works, detects Nouveau driver
i.ibb.co/VNJ76g7/20231114-113853.jpg

AROS 2.2 - no Nouveau driver modes, the only resolution is 640x480
i.ibb.co/QPTVHyB/20231114-112249.jpg

My graphics card is Nvidia GT220 512mb gddr3
Edited by amigamia on 14-11-2023 22:50, 5 months ago
Posted 5 months ago
OK thanks I will report to deadwood
amigamiaamigamiaAdmin
Posted 5 months ago
Has anyone tried to install AROS One 2.2 on a Dell Latitude D520? I am having a boot stop at MSI installer (I'll take a screenshot later). I have tried to make a USB with Rufus twice from 2 different computers and downloaded it twice. Rufus gives a read-error towards the end right before completing.
Posted 5 months ago
I have tested the AROS One v2.2 USB image several times with Rufus and never encountered any problems.
Other users have also burned the USB image without any problems.

How big was the pendrive? Try another pendrive, it must be "bigger" than 4GB !

Check that the USB image file was downloaded without corruptions !
amigamiaamigamiaAdmin
Posted 5 months ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM - I have tested the AROS One v2.2 USB image several times with Rufus and never encountered any problems.
Other users have also burned the USB image without any problems.

How big was the pendrive? Try another pendrive, it must be "bigger" than 4GB !

Check that the USB image file was downloaded without corruptions !

Hey Amigasystem, I wasn't implying that the image is bad of that you haven't done the due diligence in making sure it works. I wasn't asking if the USB image worked on other laptops. I simply asked if anyone has tested the 2.2 image on the dell Latitude D520.

The USB drive is 64GB. I have tried 3 of them. The version of Rufus is 4.3. The image (downloaded twice) is not corrupted as I am capable if extracting the VHD file. I also tried an 8GB and same exact error (See attached image)

Rufus does throw a strange error I have never seen before "File read error" right before the end of the process. Despite that, the laptop does boot from the USB drive. I select the default option from GRUB, which is 1024x768 VESA, but gets stuck at an MSI Installer during the boot process.

So, asking the same question again: Has anyone tried the AROS One 2.2 USB installer on a Dell Latitude D520?
Edited by amigamia on 22-11-2023 17:23, 5 months ago
amigamia attached the following image:
screenshot_2023-11-22_162226.png
M
miker1264Software Dev
Posted 5 months ago
If you tried different flash drives with same error it could be a corrupt image file.

At some time during download or writing to the USB drive maybe it got corrupted or it was that way when you downloaded it.

Maybe try the USB drive on a different PC to see if it boots correctly.
amigamiaamigamiaAdmin
Posted 5 months ago

miker1264 wrote:

@miker1264 - If you tried different flash drives with same error it could be a corrupt image file.

At some time during download or writing to the USB drive maybe it got corrupted or it was that way when you downloaded it.

Maybe try the USB drive on a different PC to see if it boots correctly.

Well I have now downloaded this image 4 times and each time from a different computer and two OSes (Windows and Mac OS).

Can you download the USB image, extract the VHD and then burn it on a USB drive via Rufus? I need someone else to test this as I am having consistent issues with this and multiple downloads.
Posted 5 months ago
Rufus v4.3 I cannot test because it does not work on my 64Bit Win7, I use Rufus v3.20.1929, which is the version that generated the USB image.

Try downloading this version, it may be that Rufus v4.3 has some minor incompatibilities or bugs.

If you use a Pendrive larger than 4 Gigabytes, the remaining 4 GB on your PC you can format it in FAT32 with a Partition Management Application, the AROS partition will not be damaged.
amigamiaamigamiaAdmin
Posted 5 months ago
So, Rufus 4.3 has some sort of an issue. Tried v3.20.1929 and it worked without issues. However, booting the Dell Latitude D520 with it, stops in the same spot (See attached image). AROS One 2.1 no problems, it boots from USB and from internal HDD.

The only other person I know who has a Dell Latitude D520 is Nikos. Hopefully he sees this and can try to double check.

www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/attachments/img_20231123_112437458.jpg
Edited by amigamia on 23-11-2023 12:38, 5 months ago
amigamia attached the following image:
img_20231123_112437458.jpg
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 5 months ago
Please try adding 'noacpi' and/or 'noioapic' switches to grub command line to see if that makes a difference.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 5 months ago
And also please try the D06 build on this machine.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator
Users who participated in discussion: amigamia, deadwood, AMIGASYSTEM, retrofaza, Amiwell79, miker1264, Gundam, chrisripp
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 4
Members Online 0

Total Members: 224
Newest Member: Zhule
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]