Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Recommended hardware

Last updated on 2 months ago
Amiwell79Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 2 months ago

Khadas wrote:

@Khadas - Is there any official place where users can report hardware tested with AROS?

Also, what is the status of nvidia drivers? I can run 1280x1024@60Hz, so I assume these drivers are partially working?

I have a bunch of hardware to test over the weekend.

which graphics card you are using
Posted 2 months ago
I don't remember if it was a geforce gtx 470 however the resolution I could connect was very low 1280x1024 is not a bad resolution
KhadasKhadasJunior Member
Posted 2 months ago
Thanks.

Amiwell79

I don't remember if it was a geforce gtx 470 however the resolution I could connect was very low 1280x1024 is not a bad resolution

It is not a bad resolution, but since my monitor uses a 16:10 aspect ratio, 1280x1024 appears partially stretched and slightly blurry.
Also, how do you actually change the resolution? I already changed things in GRUB as well as in the monitor settings in AROS, but the viewport remains the same 1280x1024 while the resolution becomes bigger and the screen just scrolls when I move the mouse cursor towards the borders.

Amiwell79

which graphics card you are using

I am planning to do some testing with the next, as times allows me:

- GFX Cards:
・Nvidia 260GTX
・Nvidia 750Ti
・Nvidia GTS450
・Nvidia GTX650
・Nvidia 8600 GS
・I-O Data GA-RUSH6(*1)
・Nvidia Riva TNT2(*2)
(*1) Not sure if any of my PC/AT motherboards are compatible
(*2) It doesn't have a heatsink, so might not be able to test it. Also same as (*1)

- CPUs:
・Core 2 Duo E8400
・Core 2 Duo E3400
・Core 2 Quad Q9450
・Core i3 540
・Core i7 870
・Celeron G1840
Don't know if this is important anyway.

- Motherboards:
・Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3
・Acer Aspire M3910 (Desktop)
・Asus P7P55D
・Gigabyte GA-H81M-D3V

- Sound:
・Sound Blaster Audigy 2 (SB0350)

- Generic PCI cards:
・MODEM card F-1156IV/R3(*1)
・LAN card with RTL8139D(*2)
(*1) Is it even worth testing?
(*2) I don't know if RTL8139 and RTL8139D are the same or there are differences.

- Internal Drives:
・Various 3.5 and 5.25inch DD and HD disk drives. Don't have any compatible PC/AT that support these, so will be pending.

- Peripherals:
・Two Random chinese multicard readers, one with a reset button(?), another one without(*1)
・External 3.5 inch FDD SONY VAIO PCGA-UFD5(*2)
・External 3.5 inch FDD Logitech LFD-31UE.
・Inkjet Printer EPSON PX-047A (have no idea if it is compatible with post/ghostscript).
・A small thermal printer. Not sure if compatible with post/ghostscript.
・I would like to test Arduino, ESP32 and microcontroller programming, but still don't know how to do this with AROS.
(*1) Mostly interested in how AROS can handle various cards plugged simultaneously into the same reader. What happens if I disconnect the reader instead of each individual card?
(*2) Undocumented. but this is among the few modern USB FDDs that can format 720 and 640Kb disks. I am interested in knowing if/how AROS can handle that.

More to come in the future as well.
Posted 2 months ago
you should have no problem configuring a workstation perhaps in dual boot if you can favour us in detail the graphics cards supported
Edited by Amiwell79 on 09-03-2024 06:53, 2 months ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 6
Members Online 1
miker1264

Total Members: 224
Newest Member: Zhule
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]