Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

AROS One x86 Work In Progress

Last updated on 11 days ago
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 3 months ago

deadwood wrote:

@deadwood - For ISO image, can you test-install it on VirtualBox before relase? I had issue with 2.3 where it was crashing VirtualBox during installation process.

Done "new installation" of AROS One 2.4 on VirtualBox 7.0.14 without encountering problems, see screenshot !

What kind of error do you encounter ?

I suggest to do a Manual Installation, choosing Type "Other" and Version "Other/Unkown", a Hardisk dsi at least 4GB, better use 8GBù

www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/attachments/virtualbox.jpg
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 3 months ago
In my case, whole VirtualBox was shutting down as if there was some low level interrupt handling problem or exception. I'll try 2.4 when it's out.
mattson62mattson62Junior Member
Posted 3 months ago
Greetings,I had a message ''Please insert volume "Share PC"in any drive" from System Requester come up when trying to run Protrekkr 2.6.4 on AROS ONE x86 2.4,I'm using VirtualBox 7.0 host computer is ArcoLinux o/s.In case you wanted feedback just to let you know.Install went well! Thanks for all everyone is doing at AROS!
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 3 months ago
Your download quota has been exceeded:

"Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.

Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator."
Posted 3 months ago
When too many people download Distribution this happens, this already happened, if it continues I see to find a different solution, maybe I attach the ISO with other name and pass you the link ! should be available now !
Posted 3 months ago

mattson62 wrote:

@mattson62 - Greetings,I had a message ''Please insert volume "Share PC"in any drive" from System Requester come up when trying to run Protrekkr 2.6.4 on AROS ONE x86 2.4,I'm using VirtualBox 7.0 host computer is ArcoLinux o/s.In case you wanted feedback just to let you know.Install went well! Thanks for all everyone is doing at AROS!

It's not an error, it's left the path of my modules (it does it automatically), to solve delete the files "History" and "ptk", or create a new save from the path where you keep the modules !
mattson62mattson62Junior Member
Posted 3 months ago
@AMIGASYSTEM thanks everything is fine!
Posted 3 months ago
I'm glad everything went well, suggestions, improvements for the system and problems/bugs encountered are welcome, thank you !
Posted 3 months ago
From what I read on the various forums and from the downloads made, I have found that the USB image is the one most chosen is used, now are few who still use a DVD, they only download the ISO to use it with the Virtual Machine.

Of course, the cause could also be that modern PCs no longer have a DVD drive, plus the DVD takes a long time to do an installation, in addition to possible burning or rundown errors.

Another interesting method is to Install AROS on an External USB HD, this way you can boot AROS One from any supported PC ! the USB Image should also be compatible with an External USB HD, I should check, or connect the External USB HD to a Virtual Machine and install AROS One on it.
Posted 3 months ago
Added in the games section of AROS One "MadBomber"

www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/attachments/madbomber.jpg
Edited by amigamia on 20-02-2024 07:50, 3 months ago
AMIGASYSTEM attached the following image:
madbomber.jpg
Posted 2 months ago
Finished the localization of the new Network Prefs, where a new Tab named "Tethering." had been added, which allows you to automatically configure the Internter Network through the "USB Tethering" method from any cell phone via a USB port.

It was not easy for me to create the new Italian catalog because of the info to be included in the GUI (there is always to experiment and it is nice to discover new things), see screenshot, but in the end everything went well, the info in Italian will definitely help users to connect very easily.

Network Prefs' new Italian Catalog will be sent to Mazze.

www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/attachments/tethering.jpg
Posted 2 months ago
Update Software on AROS One v2.5:

- MidiDriver v1.0 & Tools
- Protrekkr v2.6.5
- SonosController v1.4
- BOH Final Version (Create new Icons)
H
hitchhikrSoftware Dev
Posted 2 months ago
I suggest you to use ptk 2.6.6 (https://github.com/hitchhikr/protrekkr/releases/download/v2.6.6/ptk_v2.6.6_aros.zip) instead (and the usbmidi driver that is located here: https://hitchhikr.net/usbmidi.lha if you haven't).
Amiwell79Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 2 months ago
I didn't realise a major update with midi support had been released also thanks
H
hitchhikrSoftware Dev
Posted 2 months ago
Nope, it still doesn't handle midi but a few bugs were addressed.
Posted 2 months ago
okSmile
Posted 2 months ago
hitchhikr the new version is on archivesLike
Posted 2 months ago
@hitchhikr
Thanks updated AROS One with ptk 2.6.6, the utimi usbmidi drivers and Tools updated I had already installed, thanks for the report.
Posted 2 months ago
James Mattson has created new videos showing some of the many Applications installed on on AROS One 2.4.

note the similarity to Amiga OS, the structure is the same, same system folders, same libraries, same devices, virtually all the Core is similar to that of Amiga OS 3.1.

AROS One 2.4 Just Enjoying!

AROS One 2.4 Exploring New Release Protrekkr

AROS One 2.4 More and Another Look!

AROS One 2.4 ModExplorer and cool LoView Slideshow
Posted 2 months ago
Dopus4 now compresses archives to Zip (fix config)
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 10
Members Online 0

Total Members: 228
Newest Member: r-tea
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]