Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

AROS One x86 Work In Progress

Last updated on 2 days ago
N
ntromansJunior Member
Posted 2 days ago

kantraa wrote:

Hello Nigel.

Sorry for the very late response - I completely forgot about this thread.

None of these are in my UEFI.

Thanks,
~ kantraa

Hi Kantra,
BIOS options vary so much between machines... What options do you have? Also, does the machine have an internal optical drive and if so have you tried booting from a live CD ot DVD? I've had machines which refuse to boot from a USB pendrive image but would respond to an optical disc.

Cheers,
Nigel.
Edited by ntromans on 25-07-2024 04:59, 2 days ago
kantraakantraaNewbie
Posted 2 days ago

ntromans wrote:

@ntromans -

kantraa wrote:

Hello Nigel.

I have not tried altering the UEFI options simply because I do not know what to alter that would be relevant. What settings did you change? Even if it doesn't work I can maybe still use it as a starting point.

Thanks,
~ kantraa

Hi Kantraa,
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. The settings which seem to make a difference are:

Boot mode - UEFI Hybrid (with CSM)
CD-Rom boot active (I installed from the live DVD)
USB kegacy support not enabled
SATA devive mode AHCI

Hope this is of some help,
Nigel.

Hello Nigel.

Sorry for the very late response - I completely forgot about this thread.

None of these are in my UEFI.

Thanks,
~ kantraa
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 5 days ago
New version of 'Crono', a programme for creating Monthly or Yearly Calendars styled as Grids or as Lists.

Crono allows you to add backgrounds in the most common graphic formats, choose the colour of the Calendar background, supports 26 languages, multiple print formats, mark particular days as holidays with the colour of your choice, and save the Calendar as a PDF.

You will find the new "Chrono" on AROS One v2.5 Upadate 1

www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/attachments/crono.jpg
Edited by AMIGASYSTEM on 22-07-2024 04:45, 5 days ago
AMIGASYSTEM attached the following image:
crono.jpg
Posted 7 days ago
Thanks to the Datatypes Descriptors, Wanderer will also recognise the graphic formats BMP, GIF, ILBM, JPG, PCX, PNG, PPM, SVG, TGA, TIFF, WEBP, XBM, XPM even if they have no extension.

Please note that if an image has a wrong extension, Wanderer will assign the correct icon and tool according to the type of image, the wrong extension will be ignored.
Posted 10 days ago
Updated the Opus 4 Directory config which, thanks to its versatility and the new Datatypes Descriptors created by me, can now display all popular formats such as: BMP, GIF, ILBM, JPG, PCX, PNG, PPM, SVG, TGA, TIFF, WEBP, XBM, XPM, images will be recognised automatically even if they are without extension.

The default viewer of Dopus4 is Multiview but you can also view images with other Tools available on the Tabs.

The only format not supported by Dopus4 and Multiview at the moment is "TIFF" this is due to the lack of the "TIFF.Datatype" on AROS, datatypes that are in the works and will soon be available for AROS.

Of course on AROS not all viewers need datatypes to display TIFFs, there are some viewers that have internal codecs that allow them to handle TIFF images.
N
ntromansJunior Member
Posted 10 days ago

kantraa wrote:

Hello Nigel.

I have not tried altering the UEFI options simply because I do not know what to alter that would be relevant. What settings did you change? Even if it doesn't work I can maybe still use it as a starting point.

Thanks,
~ kantraa

Hi Kantraa,
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. The settings which seem to make a difference are:

Boot mode - UEFI Hybrid (with CSM)
CD-Rom boot active (I installed from the live DVD)
USB kegacy support not enabled
SATA devive mode AHCI

Hope this is of some help,
Nigel.
TemplarioTemplarioJunior Member
Posted 15 days ago
He doesn't have many followers, he treats people quite badly because he doesn't accept criticism, on AROS' Facebook, he insulted me seriously and we know each other and we never had problems, but he didn't like my opinion about that video, because in reality he makes videos because of the enmity that he and the Amiwave have, I got a prize that day. Only you take care with him.
Posted 16 days ago
Juan I appreciated the dissemination of this video which gave AROS One a chance to be known by many other users.
TemplarioTemplarioJunior Member
Posted 16 days ago
Don't trust this guy, he's not going to do anything for AROS if there's no money, he made the video for his own ego because of his stupid competition with Amigawave, both want to be the kings of the Amiga scene in Spain. But really support the Amiga.
Edited by Templario on 11-07-2024 05:20, 16 days ago
Posted 16 days ago
Excellent and very long video review made by "Amiten TV" on AROS One, I would say quite detailed where all the functions and qualities of AROS One are shown, some small inaccuracies on the Apps and some problems in closing the Shell of "Sashimi" the equivalent of the Old SnoopDos, which like him closes with the CTR-C.

"Amiten TV" uses a fully supported PC, 3D Video Card, Sound Card, Network Card

https://youtu.be/...
kantraakantraaNewbie
Posted 17 days ago

amigamia wrote:

@amigamia - @kantraa

Out of curiosity, can you please try Rufus version 3.20 to burn the VHD image? It's Windows only and you can find the downloads here

https://rufus.ie/...

Hello.
I have tried this.
Same issue.

Thanks,
~ kantraa
kantraakantraaNewbie
Posted 17 days ago

ntromans wrote:

@ntromans -

kantraa wrote:

@kantraa - Hi Amigasystem,

Thanks for replying. Unfortunately I can't try your solution as I can't even get to GRUB. The second I select the option to boot from the install medium in the boot menu I get to by pressing F12 after I turn on my laptop I get kicked straight back to my host OS.

Thanks,
kantraa

Hi Kantraa,
Not getting to grub is not an issue with AROS - no element of AROS will have started before the grub command line is executed. I had a similar problem with a HP Elitebook, and it took a lot of experimenting with BIOS options until I persuaded it to boot. Have ou tried altering the bios options?

Cheers,
Nigel.

Hello Nigel.

Thanks,
~ kantraa
amigamiaamigamiaAdmin
Posted 17 days ago
@kantraa

Out of curiosity, can you please try Rufus version 3.20 to burn the VHD image? It's Windows only and you can find the downloads here

https://rufus.ie/...
N
ntromansJunior Member
Posted 17 days ago

kantraa wrote:

@kantraa - Hi Amigasystem,

Thanks for replying. Unfortunately I can't try your solution as I can't even get to GRUB. The second I select the option to boot from the install medium in the boot menu I get to by pressing F12 after I turn on my laptop I get kicked straight back to my host OS.

Thanks,
kantraa

Hi Kantraa,
Not getting to grub is not an issue with AROS - no element of AROS will have started before the grub command line is executed. I had a similar problem with a HP Elitebook, and it took a lot of experimenting with BIOS options until I persuaded it to boot. Have ou tried altering the bios options?

Cheers,
Nigel.
Posted 18 days ago
Amiwell let's leave the testing to kantraa, any information will be useful, it is important to understand if it starts and where it gets stuck!
A
Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 18 days ago
amigasystem the computer does not see and ignores devices with aros both usb and dvd
Posted 18 days ago
@kantraa

If you have created the Live Pendrive, you can edit the file 'grub.cfg' with a common text editor; the file 'grub.cfg' is located at the path

AROS:Archpcgrub

When you boot the Live Pendrive, what happens? You get to the Grub menu, if you boot in VESA mode what happens, do you get a black screen or does the Cat's Eye graphic appear?

Also try remastering the USB image by renaming the extension from .VHD to .IMG
A
Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 18 days ago
yes the computer is too recent for aros I tried booting it on my seventh generation and it doesn't work for the same reasons

Best Greatings
J
Jeff1138Junior Member
Posted 18 days ago
Hi,

Sorry your laptop is too new for aros native use. Our lack of USB3 support I suspect is the issue. UEFI will the next problem (probable failure) if you tried to install onto the sata ssd outside the laptop and want the rest of the drive partitions intact. Most of the laptop will not be well supported though.

The Lenovo Yoga 330-11IGM is an 11.6-inch convertible laptop. The device runs on a Pentium Silver quad-core processor from the Gemini Lake generation. Vesa 2d for Graphics adapter Intel UHD Graphics 605. No wifi and no ethernet.

An hosted or VMware solution would be better in this situation.
kantraakantraaNewbie
Posted 18 days ago
Hi Amigasystem,

Thanks,
kantraa
Edited by kantraa on 08-07-2024 15:55, 18 days ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 12
Members Online 1
CoolCat5000

Total Members: 243
Newest Member: fred410
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]