Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

AROS One x86 Work In Progress

Last updated on 4 days ago
mattson62mattson62Junior Member
Posted 7 months ago
Looking Awesome!Looking Forward to Aros One 2.2 with excitement!
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 7 months ago
A few more weeks, and after the various tests AROS One v2.2 will be available!
Posted 7 months ago
Thanks to a suggestion from 'Tuxedo' (Simone Monsignori) Italian developer of LoView, it is now possible to use LoView as a tool to display all Images supported by Datatypes.

LoView is a great Image Viewer, it supports many graphic formats, includes many functions, Filters, a SlideShow with various effects.

I have created a small video showing the functionality, and you can also see the new buttons created by me especially for AROS One.

Posted 7 months ago
Created the scripts for changing the Button Theme on "LoView", there was a lot of work to create the buttons for the two GUIs "LoView" and "LoViewThumb", basically 3 images for each button.

As you can see from the screenshot, two scripts were created to change the Button Theme, "Standard" and "ArosOne"

www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/attachments/loviewthumb.jpg
retrofaza, serk118uk, mattson62
AMIGASYSTEM attached the following image:
loviewthumb.jpg
Posted 7 months ago
Forgot to mention that 'LoView' can also serially rename and save the image in different formats such as: JFF, JPG, PNG and BMP, see video attached above
AROS-ConfidenceAROS-ConfidenceNewbie
Posted 7 months ago
I installed AROS One 2.1 bare metal to a Pentium IV with GeForce 5900, Realtek 8196, and Soundblaster Live 5,1 and it runs like a charm, Just a better Browser and it would be perfect as 32 Bit OS!
Edited by AROS-Confidence on 05-10-2023 10:02, 7 months ago
Posted 7 months ago
AROS-Confidence thanks you for testing and well judging AROS One, in the coming weeks AROS One 2.2 will be available, which will include numerous third-party softwar updates, new games and some improvements and fixes to the operating system
Posted 7 months ago
BlackIvan another special version of the classic blackjack card game for AROS One x86 by Juan Carlos !

www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/attachments/blackivan.jpg
blackivan.jpg
Amiwell79Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 7 months ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM - Created the scripts for changing the Button Theme on "LoView", there was a lot of work to create the buttons for the two GUIs "LoView" and "LoViewThumb", basically 3 images for each button.

As you can see from the screenshot, two scripts were created to change the Button Theme, "Standard" and "ArosOne"

www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/attachments/loviewthumb.jpg

Is Loview's version on Archives different?
Posted 7 months ago
The installed version of LoView on AROS One is the same as on Aros Archive, I just created new buttons.

Unfortunately the developer misplaced the sources of the most updated versions !
Amiwell79Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 7 months ago
ok thanksLike
Posted 7 months ago
Updated AROS One with the new version 0.3 of AmiTranslate, yesterday I sent a message to the developer ALB42 if in the future AmiTranslate could translate texts from a Shell, this would be very useful on Dopus4 so that various documents can be translated with a Click, as I used to do with Ital (Amiga English/Italian translator)

www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/attachments/amitranslate.jpg
M
miker1264Software Dev
Posted 7 months ago
That looks like a very useful tool for translation.
Posted 6 months ago
On AROS One v2.2 (soon to be released) Update AmiFox v.04 !!!

www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/attachments/amifox04.jpg
amifox04.jpg
Posted 6 months ago
Coming soon ended the testing and AROS One x86 v2.2 will be available for download!

On the new Grub, the AROS One cat takes the place of Kitty Smile

www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/attachments/splash.jpg
splash.jpg
Posted 6 months ago
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 6 months ago
Glad to see news spreading and reaching more people Smile
Posted 6 months ago
Many users are not familiar with AROS and are not up-to-date on the progress made.

We need to spread AROS as widely as possible on the various sites, the more users who try it out, the greater the future spread.

I propose to all AROS users to spread AROS Distributions with quality screenshots in order to show the qualities, unfortunately there are old screenshots and old distributions circulating on the net that penalise the progress made.

I for one have deactivated all downloads of old versions of AROS One, in order to prevent users from "mixing" libraries and system files and generating unstable systems.

I only provide the old AROS One distributions on specific request!
Posted 6 months ago
Successfully tested Heroes of Might and Magic II both in native version (porting) and with DosBox.

Heroes of Might and Magic II also runs well on OS 3.x (AfA One)

www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/attachments/heroes_of_might_and_magic_ii-aros.jpg
heroes_of_might_and_magic_ii-aros.jpg
D
DerekNewbie
Posted 6 months ago
Hi,

I am using Aros One X86 v2.1, I would like to upgrade to Aros One X86 v2.2.

I have downloaded the new AROS and made a bootable USB Pen Drive, when I boot into AROS ONE v2.2

I thought use the Install AROS Icon, and uncheck the format partition option, is this correct, to update the existing Aros One v2.1 without losing any data?
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 9
Members Online 0

Total Members: 224
Newest Member: Zhule
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]