Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Public Announcements

Public Announcements
123 posts | Last Activity on 06-10-2023 13:26 by Amiwell79
Amiwell79
Amiwell79 06-10-2023 13:26, 7 months ago
Re: AROS-EXEC aka AROS World Exec is ACTIVE!!
Thank you Amigamia great(y)
AMIGASYSTEM
AMIGASYSTEM 06-10-2023 12:20, 7 months ago
Thank you amigamia, you did a great job !
amigamia
amigamia 06-10-2023 11:54, 7 months ago
AROS Exec Lives on in the belly of AROS World. You can access it by browsing to: [b][url]https://ae.arosworld.org[/url][/b] Right now it's locked for writing/posting/creating any new content. Only Administrators can make changes at this time.
amigamia
amigamia 02-11-2022 16:54, 2 years ago
Re: AmiGameJam 2022
Hi fellow Amiga and retro enthusiasts! I'm very happy to announce that the next AmiGameJam contest has started! This year, the theme is "Sword & Sorcery" where you will have the opportunity to create an original game for the Amiga. We have some fantastic judges and prizes lined up for this competition and will be announcing the details for those later on once it's all been confirmed. As usual, games can be entered in two different categories - "Classic OCS/AGA" and Next-Gen Amigas (Aros, MorphOS, OS4 and Vampire). Entries should be submitted by the 1st of May and the judging will begin shortly after that which will give you six months to work on an entry. The community will have a chance to rate each entry, the results of which will be presented and tallied alongside the ratings given by our celebrity judges on our live awards show hosted by AmigaBill on Twitch. No ports will be allowed this time as this is original games only, and all entries should fit within the "Sword & Sorcery" theme. Please feel free to contact me if you have questions about the jam or if you think you could help out by being a sponsor or donating prizes. I'm looking forward to seeing all of your entries! Thank you all for making the Amiga scene as awesome as it is, and good luck to everyone wishing to enter! [url]https://itch.io/jam/amigamejam[/url]
Responded in AmiGameJam 2022
amigamia
amigamia 16-06-2020 14:27, 4 years ago
Re: Happy New Year Everyone!!
It does work if you are an admin but it seems to have an issue with non-admin accounts. It's still a troubleshooting process.
M
magorium 16-06-2020 01:19, 4 years ago
fwiw i just voted without any issue, so i guess that problem got ironed out :)
amigamia
amigamia 06-01-2020 19:08, 4 years ago
Thanks Deadwood! Yes I have noticed the same thing. I am checking the logs to see if anything stands out.
D
deadwood 06-01-2020 16:54, 4 years ago
Something might not be working correctly... I have a pool in upper right corner - I tried 3 times already selecting the option and pressing submit, but the poll does not go away. I tried two times writing something in shoutbox, again nothing was shown after pressing Send Message. My "Happy 2020" post submitted only after 4th time pressing Post Reply.
D
deadwood 06-01-2020 16:49, 4 years ago
Happy 2020 Everyone :)
C
cavemann 03-01-2020 18:24, 4 years ago
Happy 2020 Amigamia :)
amigamia
amigamia 02-01-2020 15:21, 4 years ago
Just Wishing all of you a happy new year. Welcome to the updated AROSWorld.org. Users Auto Registration is back online and tested OK. Please sign in and test things around. The CMS has been upgraded but a bunch of things were not working correctly since that. I have ironed out most of the issues but there are still some occasional errors in the error logs. Poke around and feel free to report.
amigamia
amigamia 24-09-2018 08:32, 6 years ago
Re: Putting AROSWorld.org for sale - No more
[quote][url=http://arosworld.org/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=163&pid=995#post_995][b]cavemann wrote:[/b][/url] This site has always been slow, but I must agree that it has been slower than ever lately. Sad news. :([/quote] Hey Cavemann, you are right the slowness was because of the different hosting providers I used in the past. Some were free and you get what you pay for. I am actually paying for the hosting this time and service, while not the best, is better than before.
amigamia
amigamia 24-09-2018 08:30, 6 years ago
[quote][url=http://arosworld.org/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=163&pid=998#post_998][b]nikos wrote:[/b][/url] Seams now this could be the main forum for AROS. I hope you consider to still run the page.[/quote] Nikos, I have actually renewed it until Feb of 2019. I stopped maintaining it because of the very low traffic but shouldn't be a problem in re-checking all the features. I may need help. Magorium used to help in the past but that also faded away.
nikos
nikos 24-09-2018 05:23, 6 years ago
Seams now this could be the main forum for AROS. I hope you consider to still run the page.
C
cavemann 22-07-2017 19:14, 7 years ago
This site has always been slow, but I must agree that it has been slower than ever lately. Sad news. :(
amigamia
amigamia 20-07-2017 18:26, 7 years ago
This place is almost dead. There is little or no activity at all on this place and since I rarely have time to manage, I am putting the site for sale. I am keeping the hosting. I am selling the domain and a backup of the CMS + MySQL Dbase. If anyone is interested please contact me at enzorug(at)live(dot)com. EDIT: I have renewed the site until February of 2019. Will keep it running for now and see how it goes...
nikos
nikos 01-10-2011 04:26, 13 years ago
Re: Welcome to the NEW AROSWORLD
Thank you for bringing Arosworld back to life :)
serk118uk
serk118uk 30-09-2011 19:00, 13 years ago
Good to see arosworld back online. Thanks:)
Allanon
Allanon 30-09-2011 10:52, 13 years ago
Great! Thank you man! :)
S
SamuraiCrow 27-09-2011 21:22, 13 years ago
Excellent news. I hope your hosting is better than the last one. :)
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator

Filter by Tags

Popular Threads This Week

Icon Toolsby miker1264 170 posts
AROS One x86 Work In Progressby AMIGASYSTEM 140 posts
Tiny Aros DistrĂ²by Amiwell79 103 posts
AROS ABIv0 20220318-1 Supportby deadwood 59 posts
Bars&Pipes 1.0 is Availableby Amiwell79 53 posts
Buttons not shownby OlafSch 9 posts
WipEout Rewriteby Farox 4 posts
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 2
Members Online 0

Total Members: 226
Newest Member: PerspexSphinx
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]