Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Development General

Development General
1704 posts | Last Activity on 19-02-2024 00:00 by pixie
pixie
pixie 19-02-2024 00:00, 2 months ago
Re: Future of aros: Linux kernel?
[quote name=OlafSch post=4235]@OlafSch - @pixie you obviously do not understand the difference[/quote] ??
AMIGASYSTEM
AMIGASYSTEM 18-02-2024 18:53, 2 months ago
Re: Developers Resources - Discussion
Developers Resources has been included in the OWB configurations of AROS one 2.5 ! By the way on OWB I replaced the two "Cursor Circle!", both the big and the small one both are now colored, they give a modern touch :) [img]https://www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/attachments/owb_8.jpg[/img]
Amiwell79
Amiwell79 18-02-2024 17:55, 2 months ago
ok deadwood
D
deadwood 18-02-2024 15:33, 2 months ago
Hi All, I posted the first version of Developers Resources: https://www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=1201 This post is mean to help new developers get up to speed. If you have any comments or suggestion for resources that add value, please post them here. @AMIGASYSTEM, @Amiwell79 Could you include link to this post in quick links in configurations of OWB in your distributions?
O
OlafSch 18-02-2024 12:43, 2 months ago
@pixie you obviously do not understand the difference
pixie
pixie 18-02-2024 08:44, 2 months ago
We already have AROS hosted, it's a way of making it transparent for the user so that from UI pov all he sees are AROS UI metaphors, if that make sense
O
OlafSch 18-02-2024 06:11, 2 months ago
Hello Matteo, welcome. There was a try to use Linux kernel as base and run Aros on it but it was obviously too complicated so nothing really useable was created. I think Deadwoods plan is more promising, you use a full linux system as base, have a amiga desktop as real linux desktop, propably if not changed Scalos, and compile aros apps as real linux apps and can even run 64bit aros software without change. Hopefully you can then mix everything like you can do with aros and amigaos software on 68k. That at least looks like something coming out of it that offers new opportunities. Using just the kernel, as I wrote, failed in the past.
H
hitchhikr 16-02-2024 19:36, 2 months ago
Re: Solved "Help" a driver is missing to be able to port Bars&Pipes
Yes remove the older one (mididriver).
AMIGASYSTEM
AMIGASYSTEM 16-02-2024 19:26, 2 months ago
[quote name=hitchhikr post=4228] - Copy "usbmidi" into devs:midi (and remove any file that may be there before). .[/quote] If I understand well it has to be removed into devs:midi also the file named "mididriver"
Amiwell79
Amiwell79 16-02-2024 14:15, 2 months ago
ok hitchhikr
H
hitchhikr 16-02-2024 13:32, 2 months ago
Hopefully the last version of the driver (renamed usbmidi); there were two other bugs in SysEx messages sending. https://hitchhikr.net/usbmidi.zip Same deal: - Copy "usbmidi" into devs:midi (and remove any file that may be there before). - Replace "camdusbmidi.class" from SYS:Classes/USB with the one included in the archive. - Reboot. I sent a copy of this to Alfred Faust. f.
Amiwell79
Amiwell79 16-02-2024 10:51, 2 months ago
we await the release of the software
Amiwell79
Amiwell79 16-02-2024 10:40, 2 months ago
Everything works thank you I heard Alfred Faust and the tests he did with the midi sequencer Bars&Pipes are positive
AMIGASYSTEM
AMIGASYSTEM 16-02-2024 10:08, 2 months ago
[quote name=matteo post=4220]@matteo - I like the Apollo os ux design. Maybe is possible integrate in aros? [/quote] It is exactly the opposite, Apollo OS uses an AROS 68k Kickstart, moreover ApolloOS is a mix of AROS/OS3, on AROS there are also other distributions that are similar and were born before ApolloOS, such as Aros Vision (also a mix of AROS/OS3), and my AROS One 68k (see video), "totally native AROS 68k", which will soon be distributed again. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2Sh5jWZOYA
D
deadwood 16-02-2024 09:52, 2 months ago
Hi matteo, In this post you can read the latest update on the development plan I'm following: [b][url]https://arosworld.org/infusions/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=1114&rowstart=0#post_4072[/url][/b]
M
magorium 16-02-2024 09:44, 2 months ago
Double post but I seem unable to delete it myself.
M
magorium 16-02-2024 09:40, 2 months ago
[quote name=matteo post=4220]@matteo - Maybe is possible separate aros in sub projects Ui Fylesystem Kernel Ux [/quote] You seem to have missed how AROS (actually Amiga OS) works internally. These parts are already separated. That is why there exist so many different solutions as it is more or less plug and play. Try start reading the [url=http://amiga.nvg.org/amiga/reference/Hardware_Manual_guide/node0001.html]hardware reference manual[/url] then follow up with the rkrm's [quote] I like the Apollo os ux design. Maybe is possible integrate in aros? [/quote] AROS runs on ApolloOS, there is a special fork of AROS for it.
M
magorium 16-02-2024 09:36, 2 months ago
[quote name=matteo post=4218]@matteo - Why there are Wanderer in aros Ambient in morphos Amibench Etc Why not 1 desktop environment?[/quote] Good question. You can use an analogy to get an answer: why are there so many different type (and brand) of cars that you can choose from ? And, no do not think about that as it is commercially viable but in terms of why so many shapes, forms, colours, different type of engines, bodies etc. And that is because every one creating such things think it is the best answer suited to their problem(s). Depending on the problem(s) your requirements might vary. As written before there is a distinct difference between intuition, gadtools, reaction, zune/MUI so if you are using one of these solution you would have to create your own 'desktop' based on the used interface. So that already accounts for the necessity for (at least) a few different desktop implementations.
M
matteo 16-02-2024 09:30, 2 months ago
Maybe is possible separate aros in sub projects Ui Fylesystem Kernel Ux I like the Apollo os ux design. Maybe is possible integrate in aros?
Amiwell79
Amiwell79 16-02-2024 09:24, 2 months ago
we can talk about aros morphos and amibench are two close source and independent systems, the amiga community is diverse no one has ever wanted to collaborate everyone thinks of their own OS unfortunately
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.

Filter by Tags

Popular Threads This Week

AROS One x86 Work In Progressby AMIGASYSTEM 140 posts
Tiny Aros DistrĂ²by Amiwell79 102 posts
ADoom3 benchmarkby retrofaza 39 posts
Development Planby deadwood 32 posts
The Fulcrum Scene Demoby Farox 16 posts
Odyssey Resourceby Amiwell79 15 posts
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 2
Members Online 0

Total Members: 224
Newest Member: Zhule
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]