Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

AROS One Support, Tips And Requests

Last updated on 30 days ago
kantraakantraaNewbie
Posted 3 months ago

ntromans wrote:

@ntromans -

kantraa wrote:

Hello Nigel.

I have not tried altering the UEFI options simply because I do not know what to alter that would be relevant. What settings did you change? Even if it doesn't work I can maybe still use it as a starting point.

Thanks,
~ kantraa

Hi Kantraa,
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. The settings which seem to make a difference are:

Boot mode - UEFI Hybrid (with CSM)
CD-Rom boot active (I installed from the live DVD)
USB kegacy support not enabled
SATA devive mode AHCI

Hope this is of some help,
Nigel.

Hello Nigel.

Sorry for the very late response - I completely forgot about this thread.

None of these are in my UEFI.

Thanks,
~ kantraa
N
ntromansMember
Posted 3 months ago

kantraa wrote:

Hello Nigel.

I have not tried altering the UEFI options simply because I do not know what to alter that would be relevant. What settings did you change? Even if it doesn't work I can maybe still use it as a starting point.

Thanks,
~ kantraa

Hi Kantraa,
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. The settings which seem to make a difference are:

Boot mode - UEFI Hybrid (with CSM)
CD-Rom boot active (I installed from the live DVD)
USB kegacy support not enabled
SATA devive mode AHCI

Hope this is of some help,
Nigel.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 3 months ago
Following up on question from Templario:

Are there more programs then ArosPDF which have their window title "damaged"?
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 3 months ago
Yes deadwood there are other programmes with the same problem, they are those programmes that load a file from any path, I list a few that I remember:

ArosPDF
ZuneHexEditor
ZuneView

With ZuneView strange fonts appear if you return from Iconify, it doesn't always do this!
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 3 months ago
Ok, bug report created.

https://github.com/deadwood2/AROS/issues/148

If you discover more such programs, please post them.
Posted 3 months ago
Did some checking on all the Applications installed on the AROS One, found 2 more Applications with the same problem!

LunaPaint (Load Datatypes Image)

Framescale (strange character Window Title)
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 3 months ago
Ok, bug report updated.
F
FaroxMember
Posted 1 month ago
For those (like me) that after the upgrade and reboot, the mouse cursor disappear...(mouse was working but not visible) you have to take back the i8042.hidd driver from 2.5 and overwrite it.

I used the VM of 2.5 to be able to manage files inside the USB key of 2.6.
Posted 1 month ago
Thank you Farox, as mentioned on another forum I had put the old version of the driver "i8042.hidd" on AROS One because some users had pointed out to me that it was more compatible, now I restore the new version which is included in the new deadwood core.
D
DerekJunior Member
Posted 1 month ago
Hi,

Just updated to v2.6, all working great, on a EeePC 1000H. I just had to setup the WIFI and Samba connections.

This response being typed in with OWB.

One minor point, how do I get taskbar to remain visible and nothing able to go under or over it?
Posted 1 month ago
Derek which taskbar are you referring to ? if you are referring to Amistart you can only hide it or make it appear !

Regarding Samba if you are referring to editing via Network Prefs, it shouldn't work, if you do let me know.

However I recommend you try SMB2 which works very well!
D
DerekJunior Member
Posted 1 month ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM - Derek which taskbar are you referring to ? if you are referring to Amistart you can only hide it or make it appear !

Regarding Samba if you are referring to editing via Network Prefs, it shouldn't work, if you do let me know.

However I recommend you try SMB2 which works very well!

Sorry, I was not using the correct terminology.

I meant Amistart Taskbar and SMB2, I however sorted the problem, all works fine.
mattson62mattson62Junior Member
Posted 1 month ago
New Videos!
AROS ONE 2.6 Released! https://youtu.be/...vtZnWQrhUb
AROS ONE 2.6 Part 2! https://youtu.be/...Wm85qVzNoq
retrofaza, Farox, Argo
D
DerekJunior Member
Posted 1 month ago
Hi,

I use AROS One v2.6 on a Asus EeePC 1000 Netbook, I changed the WIFI Card, which works great, connecting, to Internet and Samba share.

My only problem is the screen size, being the Netbook LCD Panel, giving a resoultion of 1024x600.

So, I thought of using the VGA output to a 23" Monitor giving 1920x1024.

The Netbook video ouput gives the same output as the LCD Panel.

How can I change the resolution of the extenal VGA output?

Is extending the Workbench onto the extenal monitor possible?
Edited by Derek on 14-09-2024 17:57, 1 month ago
Posted 1 month ago
I did some tests with my 2 Netbooks (Acer Aspire One ZG5 and Dell Inspiron Mini 910), I connected via VGA connection to an external 17-inch Monitor.

With the Native Video Card among the various resolutions available on the Monitor, I had as maximum value 1280x1024 see screenshot.

With the VESA Video Card on the other hand, in order to get the 1280x1024 resolution I had to set it to GRUB.

If you have a Native Card you will most likely also have "1920x1024" resolution available, I have not tested on a larger Monitor.

For the VESA Video Card, I don't know if this resolution is supported in GRUB, try setting it up by editing the grub.cfg

www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/attachments/monitor.jpg
Edited by AMIGASYSTEM on 15-09-2024 04:51, 1 month ago
AMIGASYSTEM attached the following image:
monitor.jpg
warelogixwarelogixNewbie
Posted 1 month ago
Hi! I have just clean installed 2.6.
Everything works but graphics are very sluggish and slow on my onboard GMA950. They were snappy and very fast
on the 2.4 version. Even dragging a window takes 1 second to refresh.
Tried VESA and Native modes. The same happens on both. I am using an Intel Atom 945GCLF2 motherboard.

Regards
Edited by warelogix on 21-09-2024 10:35, 1 month ago
Posted 1 month ago
I don't have this slowdown with AROS One 2.6 on my Acer Aspire One ZG5 Netbook and Dell Inspiron Mini 910 with GMA 950 Video Card, have you updated I installed AROS One 2.6 from new installation?

Have you tried restarting AROS One, it happens to be slower on first start-up!
warelogixwarelogixNewbie
Posted 1 month ago
Yes I did. it happens on every boot. It seems like acceleration is not working as menus also are slow and have
strange blocky shadows on them. I just reverted to 2.4 and it's fine. As soon as I boot 2.6 it happens again, either from
usb image (vhd) or installed on disk. Something changed.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 1 month ago
Try going to shell (Amiga+W) and type tasklist. Does the list display immediatelly or is it slow to display?
warelogixwarelogixNewbie
Posted 1 month ago
Hi Deadwood, it displays immediatelly, no slowdown, fast text.
For example, if I close, move or resize a window it only applies after 2 seconds. And Wanderer menus are slow but OWB internal menu is very fast. That's odd.
Edited by warelogix on 21-09-2024 11:41, 1 month ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 10
Members Online 0

Total Members: 259
Newest Member: jma
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]