Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Site Feedback

Site Feedback
243 posts | Last Activity on 23-10-2014 03:49 by BSzili
BSzili
BSzili 23-10-2014 03:49, 10 years ago
Re: AROSWORLD Moved Hosting
I have to agree, the new site works an looks much better :D
D
deadwood 12-10-2014 03:36, 10 years ago
The new site is much more responsive, Thank you!
amigamia
amigamia 09-10-2014 22:26, 10 years ago
[quote][url=http://arosworld.org/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=94&pid=565#post_565][b]magorium wrote:[/b][/url] Sorry to hear you're running into so much troubles regarding hosting amigamia. Thank you very much for keeping thing up for us :thumbsup: Please let know if there's anything me/we can do to help. On the bright side of things, the search requester displays correctly for me now :)[/quote] Yup no sweat! I emailed the theme developer who gave me the file and line to modify to make it happen ;-). As for the hosting, I think I am sticking with this one for a while and if the bandwidth exceeds the limit, I'll sign up for the basic one which is only about $24/yr
M
magorium 09-10-2014 18:33, 10 years ago
Sorry to hear you're running into so much troubles regarding hosting amigamia. Thank you very much for keeping thing up for us :thumbsup: Please let know if there's anything me/we can do to help. On the bright side of things, the search requester displays correctly for me now :)
amigamia
amigamia 09-10-2014 14:31, 10 years ago
Sorry folks, it seems as the new hosting company I moved the site to was another hole in the water. I have since moved to another one that seems to be more reliable and trustworthy. I'll monitor the bandwidth usage vs. bandwidth limitation and if the approach a ration of 1 I may consider buying one of their paid plans.
amigamia
amigamia 04-10-2014 08:36, 10 years ago
Hey Cavemann, Thanks for the heads up. I corrected the typo in the poll. That's what happens when you do things late at night :o As for the members, yes we lost some but do not worry we didn't lose any active people. They were spammers that I was able to discover thanks to an internal admin plugin.
C
cavemann 04-10-2014 03:58, 10 years ago
Yes, looks very nice. But drat, it looks like we lost some members during the move :| Btw, recheck the spelling for AROS Vision in the poll.
M
magorium 03-10-2014 05:25, 10 years ago
Hi amigamia, Nice facelift :thumbsup: Some very nice themes to pick from now, some little issues here and there but nothing important. Looking good !
amigamia
amigamia 02-10-2014 16:50, 10 years ago
Gave AROSWORLD a little Uplift with a theme I liked. I am still making some small changes so bare with me. If you see something wrong please contact me at admin at arosworld dot org.
amigamia
amigamia 21-09-2014 21:17, 10 years ago
Thanks guys for sticking around and giving me a reason to keep this place up! :D
M
magorium 21-09-2014 18:16, 10 years ago
i experienced a resolve error yesterday, so i got a little bit worried. all ok here now and thank you very much for having taken the time (and motivation) to move everything :thumbsup:
C
cavemann 21-09-2014 15:09, 10 years ago
No errors here. Thanks :)
amigamia
amigamia 21-09-2014 11:37, 10 years ago
Hello everyone, Sorry for the inconvenience but I had to move arosworld.org files and database over to a new hosting. The one it was running on had too many problems. So far this new hosting seems to be a lot faster and more responsive. Additionally, the error about the Access Denied for @locahost at the bottom of the page is also gone. Please report any problems you may find on this thread or to enzorug-at-live-dot-com. Thanks! Amigamia (AROSWORLD Admin)
M
magorium 11-09-2014 03:15, 10 years ago
Re: Error at bottom of page
@amigamia: fwiw: SimpleFusion theme also renders the same 'issue' for me.
amigamia
amigamia 10-09-2014 23:05, 10 years ago
I have never been able to figure it out. I think it's in the footer file and I think it's the theme that is not completely compatible with the Php-Fusion. I'll take a look at it again and see if I can find out what the problem is.
D
deadwood 10-09-2014 03:48, 10 years ago
I'm rather worried its a misconfiguration that can expose some information or a failed hacking attempt. ;)
M
magorium 09-09-2014 13:36, 10 years ago
Hi deadwood, Thanks for reporting. I've seem to remember having reported this 'bottom line issue' in the past. I don't recall the exact reason for this to happen, but at least i remember it couldn't hurt :) It's a cosmetic annoyance... unfortunately i have no idea if it could be solved. Maybe admin could (re)answer that ?
D
deadwood 09-09-2014 04:27, 10 years ago
Hi, Go to main page and scroll down to the very botton: "Access denied for user "@localhost"...."
C
cavemann 06-02-2014 18:05, 10 years ago
Re: Seeing different news updates.
Amigamia you're right, like a Keystone... Kop. No worries, I've got a grip on the situation ;) [url]http://blogs-images.forbes.com/kenrapoza/files/2011/11/keystone-cops-prop-hupmobile-150x150.jpg [/url]
amigamia
amigamia 03-02-2014 15:30, 10 years ago
Re: Seeing different news updates.
[quote]....Also, lazy is not a word that applies to someone that provides tons of information about AROS in his free time. As always, thanks for the info....[/quote] I agree with Cavemann 1000% Thanks for your diligent work in here and thanks to you too Cavemann. Your presence in here is keystone...
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator

Filter by Tags

Popular Threads This Week

Icon Toolsby miker1264 177 posts
Tiny Aros DistrĂ²by Amiwell79 146 posts
AROS ABIv0 20220318-1 Supportby deadwood 70 posts
Aros Software Promotionby Amiwell79 70 posts
Custom Keyboard Layoutby MasterTggtt 14 posts
r-teaby r-tea 7 posts
AROS ABIv11 20230430by deadwood 6 posts
AROS One 68k Work In Progressby AMIGASYSTEM 6 posts
Wanderer Menusby pixie 4 posts
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 3
Members Online 1
amigamia

Total Members: 228
Newest Member: r-tea
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]