In this thread I will be posting short summaries of work happening in AROS. Hopefully this will give the community more insight in what the developers are doing with their free time ;)
Disclaimer: Treat this as information on current work only. The fact that someone is working on a feature in a given week doesn't mean, he will work on it next week or that the feature will be completed.
Week of September 1st:
- Work continues on porting vpdf from MorphOS (mazze)
- Hurrican has been added to port repository (mazze)
- Separate Ok, DirUp and Search images have been implemented in themes (mazze)
- Debugging of why attaching pcDuino crashes AROS continues (DizzyOfCRN)
- Shell has been updated to have completion working for redirection (otigreat)
Thank you for keeping us up-to-date :thumbsup:
And of course also a big thank you to you and all those other developers working behind the scenes (which isn't always so obviously visible to the outside world).
exciting times :)
May I suggest duplicating updates on the official AROS homepage. Sometimes news is not updated there for a year or longer, and occasional readers could possibly get the wrong impression of AROS.
If weekly statements become a chore and distraction, a monthly or seasonal log would still be welcome and informative, in my opinion.
Thanks for remembering ArosWorld readers.
Week of September 8th:
- openurl.library has been updated to version 7.15 (mazze)
- Problem with mouse pointer becoming invisible on some m68k RTG drivers has been fixed (twilen)
- Baseline ABI_V0-on-trunk 20140828 has been created (deadwood)
- AROS no longer crashes when attaching pcDuino (DizzyOfCRN)
- MUI4 method MUIM_Floattext_Append has been implemented (mazze)
- USB3.0 support work continues, driver now detects when device has been inserted/removed (DizzyOfCRN)
- ABI_V0 i386 nightly builds are now generated from the ABI_V0-on-trunk branch (deadwood)
- ABI_V0 compatible Windows hosted port is working again (deadwood)
Week of September 15th:
- Implementation of missing attributes in Dtpic MUI class continues (mazze)
- USB3.0 support work continues (DizzyOfCRN)
- Work started on new usb driver to handle pcDuino device (DizzyOfCRN)
- Problem with AROS trying to boot from non-bootable drivers fixed (neil)
- Work started on adding AppWindow support to Shell (otigreat)
Week of September 22nd:
- Fixes to NewStackSwap function implemented (neil)
A tiny line with big (pleasant) impact :D
Thank you deadwood (and Neil for the improvements of course :) )
Week of September 29th:
- Support for native language catalog names brought back (deadwood)
- Fix for m68k compilation with gcc 4.8.3 implemented (jmcmullan)
- Double-clicking on a keyboard layout in Input preferences will now make it the default (neil)
- Problem with x86 AROS crashing when trying to run m68k executables solved (deadwood)
Week of October 6th:
- Uncompressing with tar will no longer cause file system errors in certain cases (neil)
Thanks for the update deadwood.
That tar bug was a nasty one, great that Neil got it fixed.
Week of October 13th:
- Mounting ISO images with diskimage.device works again (neil)
- Minor fix to french keymap (otigreat)
- Automatic running on test suite when doing nighly builds has been introduced (neil)
Week of October 20th:
- Accented characters on USB keyboards work now (neil)
Week of October 27th:
- Crash in ata.device fixed (neil)
- Work on supporting pcDuino platform continues (DizzyOfCRN)