Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

A Game to Test (MBX)

Last updated on 20 days ago
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 22 days ago
Also, for hosted, if you create a file called GL in Pres/Env-Archive/SYS with contents "hostgl" (without ""Wink, you will switch OpenGL implementation to using your hosts and it will make the game playable.
F
FaroxJunior Member
Posted 22 days ago
Thanks but my problem with ALSA still remain....i never used hosted to test...so i discovered now the problems with audio...is something fixable ?
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 22 days ago
Which version of Linux Mint are you using?

By how it looks in the console, you are missing some library. I'd look for package containing that file and install this package. I'm using Linux Mint 21.3 and I don't recall if I had to install anything additional to have sound working.
F
FaroxJunior Member
Posted 22 days ago
I'm Mint 19.3
F
FaroxJunior Member
Posted 22 days ago
OK fixed...i had to install "libasound2-plugins:i386" on my Mint system.
Tested the game also work with your advice.Smile
Thanks
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 22 days ago
@Farox

I am attaching the MBX Icons, I created them in the Games style that you found on AROS One
AMIGASYSTEM attached the following file:
mbx-icons.zip [18.21kB / 33 Downloads]
F
FaroxJunior Member
Posted 21 days ago
@AMIGASYSTEM
Thank for the icons. I have packaged all (game+icons+data+sources) on archive.
I have written also a bit of readme for Aros release (hope did not miss nothing).
D
DeremonJunior Member
Posted 21 days ago

deadwood wrote:

@deadwood - Also, for hosted, if you create a file called GL in Pres/Env-Archive/SYS with contents "hostgl" (without ""Wink, you will switch OpenGL implementation to using your hosts and it will make the game playable.

I tried to create GL file with hostgl in Prefs/Env-Archive/SYS but then gl applications just crash on hosted (I tested GLMark and rtcw) it's the same on my notebook (Mint 21.1) and on the core2quad with Debian12 i368 with the error attached below on 20220318-1 I've to install something linux side to make it work?
Deremon attached the following image:
crash_aros_hosted_gl.png
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 21 days ago
@Deremon

Is there anything additional printed on the linux console from which you started AROS hosted?

For reference my test setup is Mint 21.3 with close sourced nVidia drivers and 32-bit OpenGL installed.

What you can check is that:
1) Do you have /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libGL.so.1
2) You need to be using X server, not Wayland (maybe it will work under Wayland but it was never tested)
3) Make sure you use close source nVidia driver
4) Make sure you give AROS more RAM (-m 1024 for 1GCool

If this fails you can still debug AROS using gdb to find out reason (if you have your own local compilation). Let me know if you are interested.
D
DeremonJunior Member
Posted 20 days ago

deadwood wrote:

@deadwood - @Deremon

Is there anything additional printed on the linux console from which you started AROS hosted?

For reference my test setup is Mint 21.3 with close sourced nVidia drivers and 32-bit OpenGL installed.

What you can check is that:
1) Do you have /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libGL.so.1
2) You need to be using X server, not Wayland (maybe it will work under Wayland but it was never tested)
3) Make sure you use close source nVidia driver
4) Make sure you give AROS more RAM (-m 1024 for 1GCool

If this fails you can still debug AROS using gdb to find out reason (if you have your own local compilation). Let me know if you are interested.

I was using nouveau that's why Smile with closed source drivers it's working fine on my notebook

Unfortunately on core2 with 9500GT I can't use latest drivers I've to find an updated distro that support kernel 5.x max, latest nvidia drivers supporting that thing are v340.108 not compiling on kernel 6+ (apart from nouveau that, well, doesn't work Smile )
Edited by Deremon on 09-04-2024 18:03, 20 days ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator
Users who participated in discussion: deadwood, AMIGASYSTEM, retrofaza, Amiwell79, Farox, Deremon
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 4
Members Online 0

Total Members: 224
Newest Member: Zhule
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]