Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

A Game to Test (MBX)

Last updated on 20 days ago
F
FaroxJunior Member
Posted 23 days ago
Hi i managed to compile a new game for Aros.
The game is Magical Broom Extreme (or MBX in short) and is a freeware shooter from Japan, where the player controls a witch flying on a broom. Originally the game was for windows only (DirectX) but M-HT have converted and adapted the game to run using SDL and GL library (a great work) and also made available for (Pyra and Pandora some nice open Handheld with an ARM cpu, that i also have, here is where he presented the release https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/magical-broom-extreme.99979/ ).
Now i compiled fine the game but when i test it i discovered that i don't have a graphic card where 3D (Opengl) is enabled. The game run (tested on Aros One) but speed is around 2 fps on my PC (AMD E1 with HD6310 GPU) and i couldn't test if the game is running fine other than main menu.

So if you have a PC with 3D working...please test and report here.
Here is the zip package with the game and datas (all freeware) to test https://we.tl/t-UUG2M9pnsc
Changed the link to download (hope it working now.)

Here is a shot of the game for the curious
www.old-games.com/screenshot/2472-4-magical-broom-extreme.jpg

Thanks
Edited by Farox on 07-04-2024 03:26, 22 days ago
Amiwell79Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 23 days ago
works on my system i have a geforce 8400 GS run on Icaros Desktop
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 23 days ago
Thanks Farox, the download link no longer works !
F
FaroxJunior Member
Posted 23 days ago
Thanks to all i updated the link (the old i thought it will stay for 2 weeks...but..).
Let me know if speed is ok for a release.
Thanks
R
retrofazaJunior Member
Posted 23 days ago

Farox wrote:

@Farox - Thanks to all i updated the link (the old i thought it will stay for 2 weeks...but..).
Let me know if speed is ok for a release.
Thanks

I'd like to check, but the link still doesn't work
F
FaroxJunior Member
Posted 22 days ago
Opss i don't know why is deleted.
Anyway i changed the link and i switched to another share service this time.
Posted 22 days ago
@retrofaza
The link worked for me !

@Farox
I tested with AROS One on small Netbook Dell Inspiron Mini 910 Native graphics mode, MBX works very well (50 FPS) (PPS 600)

I noticed some strange characters on the window bar !
F
FaroxJunior Member
Posted 22 days ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM - @retrofaza
The link worked for me !

@Farox
I tested with AROS One on small Netbook Dell Inspiron Mini 910 Native graphics mode, MBX works very well (50 FPS) (PPS 600)

I noticed some strange characters on the window bar !

Ok now know why was deleted...every file uploaded stay for ONLY one download...(crazy).
Wow 50fps? Good.
The strange characters on title bar is because the game was from Japan.
R
retrofazaJunior Member
Posted 22 days ago
The game runs smoothly on the GT220. It shows 50 FPS on the bar all the time.
Does this game support a pad or just the keyboard?
Posted 22 days ago
@Farox
Ok, the CLI window will be removed from the final version, otherwise on AROS One I will configure a script with the Run >NIL:

I am preparing the Icons in the usual 4 AROS One Styles, if you want I will attach them so you can include them in the archive.
F
FaroxJunior Member
Posted 22 days ago
It should support both keys and joy.
Keys are up/down/left/right for movement
z = shot
x = Bomb
c = Autofire
v = special shot
F
FaroxJunior Member
Posted 22 days ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM - @Farox
Ok, the CLI window will be removed from the final version, otherwise on AROS One I will configure a script with the Run >NIL:

I am preparing the Icons in the usual 4 AROS One Styles, if you want I will attach them so you can include them in the archive.

Yes is better to not show the cli window and maybe change the strange chars on title bar.
Thanks for the icons, i will include in the release.
F
FaroxJunior Member
Posted 22 days ago
I have done the changes (so no more cli logs and changed window title) and also i have compiled and included in the archive another exe (mbx_full) with fullscreen enabled.
Beware on my system the fullscreen version don't work (i have only a black screen...).
Here is the download link https://we.tl/t-JdWY9vsI8h

Please test.
Thanks
R
retrofazaJunior Member
Posted 22 days ago

Farox wrote:

@Farox - I have done the changes (so no more cli logs and changed window title) and also i have compiled and included in the archive another exe (mbx_full) with fullscreen enabled.
Beware on my system the fullscreen version don't work (i have only a black screen...).
Here is the download link https://we.tl/t-JdWY9vsI8h

Please test.
Thanks

"File is not executable" error. Both windowed & fullscreen
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 22 days ago
@Farox

Standard version crashes for me after start. See screen shot. Full screen version also crashes and looking at debug output it is most likely the same problem.
deadwood attached the following image:
mbx.png
F
FaroxJunior Member
Posted 22 days ago

retrofaza wrote:

@retrofaza -
"File is not executable" error. Both windowed & fullscreen

Most probably a corrupted download...i have tested the 2 exe from the archive again it it was runnable on Aros One.

@deadwood

Strange on Aros One the "standard" version is working (slow without OpenGL). Maybe on Aros Hosted is not..but don't know why.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 22 days ago
AROS hosted is generally better at detecting issues. It sometimes happen that programs work (but behind the sceen damage memory) on native, but imediatelly crash on hosted.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 22 days ago
Ok, problem solved. Games needs more than 256 MB memory and that's the default setting for AROS hosted. After incresing memory to 512MB, no more crash. Also full screen version starts on hosted.

Sorry for false alarm.
F
FaroxJunior Member
Posted 22 days ago
I have tested on my PC with Aros Hosted...but seems not able to run with errors on sound setup.
Don't know what i need to do to have sound, on the same PC the Aros One on a USB key is working fine.
Farox attached the following image:
schermata_a_2024-04-07_20-38-08.png schermata_a_2024-04-07_20-40-21.png
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 22 days ago

Farox wrote:

@Farox - I have tested on my PC with Aros Hosted...but seems not able to run with errors on sound setup.

As mentioned in previous post, this is an issues of lack of memory. Start AROSBootstrap -m 512 and the game will run. Smile
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator
Users who participated in discussion: deadwood, AMIGASYSTEM, retrofaza, Amiwell79, Farox, Deremon
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 4
Members Online 0

Total Members: 224
Newest Member: Zhule
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]