Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Odyssey Web Browser 32-bit

Last updated on 5 hours ago
N
ntromansMember
Posted 24 hours ago
I've tried my Asus eeePC but it refuses to play Youtube videos. Audio starts playing but video stays stuck on the starting frame. This is spoofing as iPhone and Safari. Howeve, this machine does just have 1 GB of memory, so possibly that's the problem.

Cheers,
Nigel.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 23 hours ago
@ntromans

I've seen this behavior before but it happens when YT JavaScript is not fully loaded. Can you wait until the "sign in" button is visible and then after "person" icon left to it loads. This marks that most of JS was loaded/executed. Try playing video only then.

The other test is as follows: when playing (and not seeing video updated), open shell and type dir - does the comman execute immediatelly or lines appear slow, one by one?
N
ntromansMember
Posted 20 hours ago
I haven't had a moment ti try the eeePC again but on my i5 machine just picked up stack out of range error attached. The website being browsed was https://robbrepor...35895517/.

Sorry,
Nigel.
Edited by ntromans on 21-10-2024 18:15, 20 hours ago
You do not have access to view attachments
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 9 hours ago
Thanks for the report! I visited this page a few times and didn't get the crash, however the specific place on your screen shot is something I've seen once or twice when using Odyssey. There is a bug there - but not easy to reproduce.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 5 hours ago
Hi All,

We are almost at release!

Here is a release-candidate of Odyssey 2.0: https://axrt.org/development/owb/i386/owb-2.0-RC1.i386-aros.zip

If no major problem is found, this build will become final release.

Changes from last build:
- improve video frame display. Now it takes 1.5ms per frame (was 7ms) on 1.6Ghz CPU. This will make videos play better on slower hardware. However every time JavaScript kicks in in background you will still see stuttering. This is solved on 64-bit by having JIT.

Most likely tomorrow I will also release an U2 release candidate in AROS ABIv0 release thread
Amiwell79, retrofaza, miker1264
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 8
Members Online 1
AMIGASYSTEM

Total Members: 259
Newest Member: jma
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]