Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

AROS One Support, Tips And Requests

Last updated on 30 days ago
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 31 days ago
Ok, I was thinking you may have a busy-looping program that eats up CPU, but if display is immediate, then this is not the case. If the slowdown is only related to video operations it might be a problem with interrupts.

Try adding 'noacpi' and 'noioapic' to grub command line options.
warelogixwarelogixNewbie
Posted 31 days ago
Ok I am already using noacpi since v2.2, I will try also with noioapic and report. Thanks
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 31 days ago
warelogix has anyone experienced graphical problems with Wanderer's "global.prefs" on both AROS One 2.5 and 2.6 !

Try replacing "global.prefs" take it from AROS One 2.4, the path "Prefs/Env-Archive/SYS/Wanderer/global.prefs

Also replace the file "i8042.hidd" with the one from AROS One 2.4, the one installed on AROS One 2.6 is obsolete, at high resolutions on some PCs it makes the mouse arrow disappear, path Devs/Drivers/i8042.hidd

After copying, reboot the system
warelogixwarelogixNewbie
Posted 31 days ago
Hi AMIGASYSTEM, tried both actions but it stayed the same.
BUT!!!! Changed the theme from the default to OS4 and voila.. everything solved!

What the..... go figure. Evething is fast now.
Edited by warelogix on 21-09-2024 12:40, 31 days ago
Posted 31 days ago
Changed theme, only changed 'global.prefs', in addition to the window and background images, are you sure you replaced the correct global.prefs?

Try manually adding the same skin and backgrounds to wanderer and Window
warelogixwarelogixNewbie
Posted 31 days ago
Yes I verified the file ("Prefs/Env-Archive/SYS/Wanderer/global.prefs) and rebooted more than once.
Anyway the problem is solved, I don't know why, but it is :-)
Thanks
Posted 31 days ago
Ok, since I can't simulate your problem, I would have liked you to do some tests to find out where the problem lies this to avoid the same problem also on AROS One 2.7, if you have the time to do this I thank you in advance

Since you can't restore the 2.6 theme because the script and preferences don't exist, you could do some tests on the Live Pendrive

The tests you should do are these are listed below 'one test at a time' so you can find the culprit

1) Replace global.prefs with that of AROS One 2.4
2) Replace Window Skins with the OS4 theme (Use ThemePrefs Application or Appearance)
3) Replace Pointer with that of OS4 theme
4) Replace Wanderer and Windows Backgrounds, those used by OS4 Theme) and save
5) Replace Prefs/Env-Archive/Zune/global.prefs with that of AROS One 2.4
Edited by AMIGASYSTEM on 21-09-2024 15:46, 31 days ago
warelogixwarelogixNewbie
Posted 30 days ago
Ok no problem there I can do to those tests but need the 2.4 ISO to do so as I cleaned my previous install with the 2.6 the last time I did it.
warelogixwarelogixNewbie
Posted 30 days ago
Hi AMIGASYSTEM,
as I dont have 2.4 anymore I made another simple test.
Remade the USB Pen, booted from it and the same behavior again, everything sluggish and slow.

Then I followed the OS4 script inside the Theme folder:
SYS: Prefs/Themes/OS4

1 - C:Copy SYS: Prefs/Presets/Config-Apparence/OS4/theme.var to SYS: Prefs/Env-Archive/SYS/
Reboot cold. Same behaviour.

2 - C:Copy SYS: Prefs/Presets/Config-Zune/White/global.prefs to SYS: Prefs/Env-Archive/Zune/
Reboot cold. Problem solved! So it's the Zune global prefs that are causing the issue.
Thats why the problem was solved when I changed the theme using the OS4 script inside the themes folder.

I hope it helped.
Edited by warelogix on 22-09-2024 15:19, 30 days ago
Posted 30 days ago
From your test, the culprit seems to be Zune global.prefs, maybe I made some improvements that your system doesn't like.

A test you could do is to boot the system slow, run Zune Prefs, make a small change and save.

Then after a reboot check if saving solves
warelogixwarelogixNewbie
Posted 30 days ago
Yes, but it actually does not work only by saving the options, just tried that.
I have to overwrite the file with one of the preset configs.
Posted 30 days ago
Then it's definitely the change I made to Zune Prefs, at the moment I don't remember the change I made, if I can with ZunePrefs I'll try to compare the OS4 setting with the 2.6 setting and try to find the differences!

EDIT

Made the comparison and found no difference, however if from Zune Preferences I try to save "without modifying anything" global.prefs is saved with a smaller size.

Maybe this is due to the new core, in fact AROS One 2.5 and 2.6 have the same new core.

I can't really test it because I don't have that problem on any of my real or virtual PCs.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 11
Members Online 0

Total Members: 259
Newest Member: jma
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]