Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

AROS ABIv0 20211128

Last updated on 4 months ago
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 6 months ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

Yes I will check all bug reports and let you know, in the meantime you can close the report 'LoView cannot be used as a tool on AROS while it works on OS3'.

https://github.co...issues/103

Thx, closed.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 6 months ago
@AMIGASYSTEM

Can you explain me what AROS versions are used on the videos? Is this 20201110-2, 20211128-D5 or the "ABIv1" nightly?
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 6 months ago
@pixie

I made a note of the crash and will see if I can replicate
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 6 months ago

deadwood wrote:

Can you explain me what AROS versions are used on the videos? Is this 20201110-2, 20211128-D5 or the "ABIv1" nightly?

These are the systems used in the video:
Yours Build Aros-20211128-D05
ARos One + Build 20211128-D05

About "ABIv1", used nightly 16-October-2023
Posted 6 months ago
on Wanderer 20211128 D5, "cannot rename" lowercase/uppercase a File or Folder, error 'already exists'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wanderer freeze when trying to rename DefIcon #46
https://github.co.../issues/46

This problem seems to have been solved, no crashes if I try to rename a Def Icons

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Having USB pendrive attached stops booting AROS from disk or CDROM #99
https://github.co.../issues/99

This Problem seems to have been solved, but a clarification must be made !!!

On VMware with the 20201110-2 build, if the Pendrive was formatted in FAT32, even if it was inserted in the USB port, if you boot the system from the hard disk, it will not give any problem, Wander will boot up quietly and the Pendrive icon will be shown on Wanderer.

If instead the Pendriver has an AROS bootloader, i.e. an AROS System is installed, if you try to send from the Shell the command SYS:dir, the contents of the Pendrive will be shown and not DH0 !!! (with 20211128 D5 this does not happen)
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 6 months ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM -

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wanderer freeze when trying to rename DefIcon #46
https://github.co.../issues/46

This problem seems to have been solved, no crashes if I try to rename a Def Icons

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Closed, thx.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 6 months ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM

Having USB pendrive attached stops booting AROS from disk or CDROM #99
https://github.co.../issues/99

This Problem seems to have been solved, but a clarification must be made !!!

On VMware with the 20201110-2 build, if the Pendrive was formatted in FAT32, even if it was inserted in the USB port, if you boot the system from the hard disk, it will not give any problem, Wander will boot up quietly and the Pendrive icon will be shown on Wanderer.

If instead the Pendriver has an AROS bootloader, i.e. an AROS System is installed, if you try to send from the Shell the command SYS:dir, the contents of the Pendrive will be shown and not DH0 !!! (with 20211128 D5 this does not happen)

I'll keep this one opened. The report was made on 64-bit version and latest master branch. This means that problem might actually surface on ABIv0 in future.
Posted 6 months ago
I don't know if you missed it, I also reported this bug:

on Wanderer 20211128 D5, "cannot rename" lowercase/uppercase a File or Folder, error "already exists"

There are more reports on the old bugs , I am doing the final checks
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 6 months ago
You mean there is a new bug on D5 that was not there previously?
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 6 months ago
@AMIGASYSTEM

You mentioned that Polish keyboard is not working. My tests show that it is. Can you describe how are you testing it / record a video?
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 6 months ago
Please check the attached screen shot, the polish characters are available under ALT+key. You need to have a 8859-2 font installed though.
You do not have access to view attachments
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 6 months ago
Also german keyboard seems to have oumlauts sets correctly, see attached
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 6 months ago
Italian and French keymaps were indeed broken, check the attachment for fixes and let me know if they work for you.
Posted 6 months ago
OK the Polish keyboard works, I did not know the ALT + function

Italian keyboard "pc105_i" is corrupted, the enter key does not work, also the file "pc105_i" is smaller than the other keyboard files only 772 bytes
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 6 months ago
For italian/french, please check the zip file I attached Smile
Posted 6 months ago

deadwood wrote:

@deadwood - You mean there is a new bug on D5 that was not there previously?

OK I downloaded the zip archive and now the Italian and French keyboard now work fine.

Concerning on Wanderer 20211128 D5, "cannot rename" lowercase/uppercase a File or Folder, error "already exists", this problem is present on all builds including the old ones, moreover the bug is also present on "AROS-ABV1" from 16 October 2023
pixiepixieJunior Member
Posted 6 months ago

deadwood wrote:

@deadwood - Also german keyboard seems to have oumlauts sets correctly, see attached

This is not exclusive from this release but from a time on there's no Portuguese keyboard anywhere to be seen. Sad
Edited by pixie on 08-11-2023 11:55, 6 months ago
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 6 months ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM

Concerning on Wanderer 20211128 D5, "cannot rename" lowercase/uppercase a File or Folder, error "already exists", this problem is present on all builds including the old ones, moreover the bug is also present on "AROS-ABV1" from 16 October 2023

Is this something related to Wanderer only? This problem is not present when using Scalos or DOpus 4?
Posted 6 months ago

deadwood wrote:

Is this something related to Wanderer only? This problem is not present when using Scalos or DOpus 4?

It is only a problem with Wanderer, from Shell or Dopus4 no problem.

I would like to point out that the problem only exists if you edit from lower case/uppercase, even if you only change one letter.

If, on the other hand, I rename the file (name change) from lower case/uppercase, no problem here.

I can create a video if my translation is not understandable
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 6 months ago

pixie wrote:

@pixie
This is not exclusive from this release but from a time on there's no Portuguese keyboard anywhere to be seen. Sad

The missing keymaps will be re-added. Check SYS:Storage/Keymaps from next build onwards.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Users who participated in discussion: amigamia, deadwood, AMIGASYSTEM, pixie, retrofaza, Amiwell79, G-linx, OlafSch, d0wz
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 9
Members Online 0

Total Members: 224
Newest Member: Zhule
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]