Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

General Chat

General Chat
912 posts | Last Activity on 07-02-2024 17:45 by Amiwell79
Amiwell79
Amiwell79 07-02-2024 17:45, 3 months ago
Re: Icon Tools
good:)
Responded in Icon Tools
Puni
Puni 07-02-2024 15:26, 3 months ago
Re: AROS only sees apx. 7.5 GB of a 500 GB HDD
Thanks for the helpful information. You are correct in that I'm running AHCI. I will try what you suggested! (y) Cheers!
S
Studenteer 07-02-2024 14:48, 3 months ago
Sounds like you running your storage on AHCI. For fixing it, you should check in your BIOS-Settings, if you can switch your mode of handling internal disk from AHCI to SATA or IDE. If possible, select SATA or IDE-Mode and reinstall AROS. After that, you should gain full storage capacity. Note, that your datas saved on your harddisk before will be lost - so a reinstallation of AROS will be nessacary.
Puni
Puni 07-02-2024 14:25, 3 months ago
Hi, A beginner with AROS here. I managed to install AROS on a laptop. Unfortunately I can't get it to see more than apx. 7.5 GB of the HDD's size. The original size of the HDD is 500 GB. It had Linux (Peppermint) on it from before, but wiped the disk (using the AROS Installer tool), so it should all be gone. I've also used HDToolbox to try to partition it manually, but only about 7.5 GB of free space shows up there as well. Any ideas? Thanks in advance! :)
M
miker1264 07-02-2024 14:17, 3 months ago
For Icon Builder I started the Apply Composite function that will allow combining a tile image with a glow border. That just leaves Change Glow Tint and Assemble Icons then it will be completed. The Assemble Icons function will use a Progress Indicator much like the one Magellan uses. The code for that will be re-used for Sun-Ray also when rendering scenes to indicate progress. I'd like say that Icon Drop will be the first Icon Tool to be both AROS & Amiga compatible using the same source code to compile for both. But that title goes to Icon Split CLI instead. It works on AROS and Amiga OS 3.5/3.9 with the same source, unchanged for both platforms. The major obstacle keeping me from making the previous Icon Tools from working also on Amiga was the display method. I was using CybergraphX WritePixelArrayAlpha to display images. The alternate method for Amiga was BltBitMaptoRastPort but it requires a bitmap. Using the Direct Draw Method I developed for Icon Builder now I can use Graphics Library to draw directly to a RasterPort with Alpha Blending. That should work with Amiga also.
Responded in Icon Tools
Amiwell79
Amiwell79 04-02-2024 13:09, 3 months ago
Re: Tiny Aros Distrò
everything is online
Responded in Tiny Aros Distrò
Amiwell79
Amiwell79 04-02-2024 11:00, 3 months ago
Then I upload in these hours on my website
Amiwell79
Amiwell79 04-02-2024 10:59, 3 months ago
Ok The basic system App is there: DOpus5 AmiCastPlayer AmiTranslate AmiTube Protrecker RNOPublisher RNOSlides RNOTunes RNOArchive ZuneView ArosPDF JoinGUi Sploiner-GUI ZuneCalc ZunePaint LunaPaint SMB2-GUI LUA Leu Mplayer OWB
Amiwell79
Amiwell79 04-02-2024 10:39, 3 months ago
I was thinking of an always packaged system configured like this the system build that has to be burned and installed and then a basic system package with the necessary apps and all the apps then another package
Amiwell79
Amiwell79 04-02-2024 02:06, 3 months ago
Thank you, that's OK too It is not difficult to install a new build with this method
AMIGASYSTEM
AMIGASYSTEM 03-02-2024 20:20, 3 months ago
Salvo, if you need I will create the ISO for you, or give you a step by step tutorial on how to create a bootable ISO of AROS. I suggest you wait for the final deadwood Build though, because there might be some changes ! Then as said on Italian forum better wait for tests on all the software we use on distributions.
Amiwell79
Amiwell79 03-02-2024 17:23, 3 months ago
TinyAros 3.1b is available all the best of the software is included as for the previous versions I am using it on my site you will find two links one is for the build released by deadwood and the other are the files to overwrite over the installed system i.e. the build [url=https://ibb.co/R35x1Jz][img]https://i.ibb.co/zXky1tG/Tiny-Aros3-1b.jpg[/img][/url]
Amiwell79
Amiwell79 03-02-2024 08:14, 3 months ago
i can't create the iso or a bootable image from usb in this case just load the iso released by deadwood stable version and then download the necessary from my site and add it to the system after an installation works as well thanks and let me know if my distribution is liked also with a like here on the post
Amiwell79
Amiwell79 02-02-2024 07:41, 3 months ago
I was trying to figure out how to create a disk image to make deadwood bootable, many thanks
D
deadwood 02-02-2024 02:01, 3 months ago
If you have HDD with previous version of system installed, you need to make sure system boots from USB and not from HDD. To do so, you need to use Early Startup (bootmenu) option and select UD0 device the "Use", the "Boot".
Amiwell79
Amiwell79 01-02-2024 20:41, 3 months ago
i don't know if i will release other versions of tiny aros i have problems with my software which is incompatible with the new builds, i have tried with vmware and converting the disk to vhd but the usb key boots and stops after a while, i will do more tests
M
miker1264 31-01-2024 18:09, 3 months ago
The alpha blending formula is working to blend the alpha values with the background color. It matches what Cybergraphx Library does. The small icon image is from an actual icon displayed in a window. The large icon image is the one displayed (2x) in Icon Builder display area. I should be able to finish the other functions in about a week. Then I can start using Icon Builder to make some new icons. :) After this I will probably work on Theme Builder. It isn't an icon tool but it may be very useful.
Responded in Icon Tools
M
miker1264 29-01-2024 18:28, 3 months ago
Now I have an accurate formula for Alpha Blending with a Background Color when using WriteRGBPixel (graphics library). We repeat the process for each red, green, blue value of the source pixel we are blending with the background color (bgvalue). src_alpha is the alpha value of the pixel we are blending. We have to make it between 0-1 so : alpha = (src_alpha/255); value = ceil [ bgvalue ( 1.0 - alpha ) + value1*(alpha); where value1, value2, value3 are the source pixel red, green, blue values.
Responded in Icon Tools
M
miker1264 28-01-2024 13:42, 3 months ago
I have a revised roadmap for Icon Tools that seems more realistic. For Icon Toolkit it will be the app launcher for Icon Clone, Icon Drop, Icon Split, Icon Tint, Icon Type, Icon Style. Icon Press will be an All-In-One Icon Application that can make or split both PNG and IFF Icons. Icon Edit will be very similar with an added Color Palette and the Extended Options Buttons. As soon as the Save Amiga Icons functions are complete for Icon Press I will include that in Icon Drop and update the current version to save PNG Icons (Dual PNG Icons) and IFF Icons (Amiga Classic Icons aka Glow Icons). Then there is Icon Builder, Theme Builder, and MUI Re-Builder. The last two aren't Icon Tools but they share similar features. :) I'm also planning to release some Picture Tools such as RGB2GIF, RGB2PNG, RGB2IFF that use the simplified user interface. As well as Picture2GIF, Picture2IFF, Picture2HAM and the Picture Viewer which only uses a classic window only interface with a menu system. I hope to also make it compatible with Amiga OS 3.5/3.9. Maybe since the other apps including Icon Tools use a GadTools User Interface they may also be compiled for Amiga OS as well as for AROS. ;)
Responded in Icon Tools
M
miker1264 26-01-2024 16:05, 3 months ago
deadwood I agree. Sometimes it seems like I worked several hours but only made little progress. But some of the code and concepts are difficult.
Responded in Icon Tools
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator

Filter by Tags

Popular Threads This Week

Icon Toolsby miker1264 172 posts
Tiny Aros Distròby Amiwell79 106 posts
Aros Software Promotionby Amiwell79 70 posts
AROS ABIv0 20220318-1 Supportby deadwood 61 posts
Bars&Pipes 1.0 is Availableby Amiwell79 53 posts
Buttons not shownby OlafSch 9 posts
AROS ABIv11 20230430by deadwood 6 posts
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 4
Members Online 0

Total Members: 227
Newest Member: wiz
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]