Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Hello and Looking for Help with AROS Exec account

Last updated on 9 years ago
K
kjanz1899Newbie
Posted 9 years ago
Hello I recently installed Icaros on Debian and have been looking for applications to port to AROS. Recently my AROS Exec account stopped working. When I try to login it tells me that my login is invalid. When I try to request a password it tells me my email address does not match an account.
amigamiaamigamiaAdmin
Posted 9 years ago

kjanz1899 wrote:

Hello I recently installed Icaros on Debian and have been looking for applications to port to AROS. Recently my AROS Exec account stopped working. When I try to login it tells me that my login is invalid. When I try to request a password it tells me my email address does not match an account.

Welcome to AROSWorld.org kjanz1899,

There are a few of us lurking around here but with tons of knowledge about AROS. Have you already tried to port anything yet? Cavemann has already managed to port many games/applications. Perhaps he can give us a few pointers to how that is done successfully.

In any case, welcome and I hope you enjoy this place. Feel free to share code/pictures/comments/etc. we need it.
M
magoriumSoftware Dev
Posted 9 years ago
hi kjanz1899,
Sorry to hear you have problems with your aros-exec account.

As amigamia said: It is perfectly valid to post your questions here as well.

Regarding your ae account. Please be aware of this newspost (scroll down to read). I'll inform admin of AE with a pm of you issues. I'll report back in case i got a response.

It might be helpful and/or speed up things if you would be able to report back your username that you used on ae-forums.
K
kjanz1899Newbie
Posted 9 years ago
Thank you amigamia for the warm welcome. I'm looking to port jansson a library for parsing json. At this point I'm still getting a handle on the gnu make configure and make commands though I'm close to having something to alpha test.

magorium, to answer your question I am using the same account on ae so it's kjanz1899. Also I'm using one of the email domains listed in the post you mentioned. thank you for the assistance with my ae account. So do I need to re-register with a new name and email? I can certainly change to another email address that won't be flagged.
M
magoriumSoftware Dev
Posted 9 years ago
If you are using the same username, then unfortunately your name isn't listed. Or to put it in layman's terms: there isn't a (visible) account.

Since admin over there is quite occupied with IRL, it might indeed be more fruitful to just create another account and using a non-blacklisted e-mail domain.

I have no idea how long your account existed, but it might be that is was 'removed' by accident because of the major spamming that took place in the past, or that it perhaps was flagged as 'indecent' account from the beginning because of the blacklisted e-mail domain.

If you can be bothered (and don't mind) then please go ahead and just create a new account.

Thank you for supporting AROS.
K
kjanz1899Newbie
Posted 9 years ago
I'm back on ae with my kjanz1899 username and hopefully a non-blacklisted email address. Thanks again for your support.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator
Users who participated in discussion: amigamia, magorium, kjanz1899
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 2
Members Online 0

Total Members: 219
Newest Member: Luca91
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]