Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Errors in DOS commands?

Last updated on 10 days ago
O
OlafSchJunior Member
Posted 11 days ago
Hello,

I had discussions on amigaworld where jpV told me that he had problems with amigscripts (DOS) on AROS. I was surprised and asked him for examples. He referred to two problems he found.

https://amigaworl...mp;order=0

One seemed to happen with lha and stderr output in a file:. He already reported it:
https://ae.aroswo...59#msg6759

Another one which command who not found files, f.e. in C

I tested both in my distribution and had no problems but I heavily mix aros and amiga components. Could someone test on X86 and report if the problems are still valid?
Edited by OlafSch on 26-04-2024 05:09, 11 days ago
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 10 days ago
Yes the problem of the "output.txt" file generated "Empty" exists on AROS x86/68k, but I think that of hangs from LHA which does not work well on AROS, in fact on AROS One I don't use LHA anymore, instead I use "XadUnfile" which works better and supports miolti other formats.

Redirection with other Commands works fine and the file "output.txt" is generated correctly

On AROS as reported HERE the Redirection should work fine:

Example: dir >ram:a -> correctly generates the output file !

Also the command c:lha >ram:output.txt *>>ram:output.txt, works fine on AROS, but it generates an empty file !
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 10 days ago
Done some tests confirming what said to jPV, the problem "output.txt" empty, as I had suspected is the fault of LHA native AROS version.

I tried running the command c:lha *>ram:output.txt on "AROS 68k" with two LHA versions, one Native and one AmigaOS

LHA (Native AROS) -> Generate output.txt "Empty"

LHA (Native Amiga v22) -> Generates output.txt "output Corrected "

Done other test on AROS x86 with This version of LHA, output.txt is saved correctly !
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Users who participated in discussion: AMIGASYSTEM, OlafSch
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 1
Members Online 0

Total Members: 227
Newest Member: wiz
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]