Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

AROS ABIv0 20211128

Last updated on 5 months ago
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 6 months ago
deadwood, if possible, could you implement Audio CD recognition on Wanderer?
On ABIv1 the Audio CD is supported, see screenshot, ABIv0 instead shows a small grey icon as shown HERE.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 6 months ago
First, try the 64-bit alpha-6 if it detects. If not, then this is first place where it will appear once I get to synchronize the code bases.
Posted 6 months ago
Even on the 64-bit alpha-6 buld, the def_icons is not detected!

For the Audio CD Wanderer prefers the def "def_NDosCDRom.info" if this icon is not found it uses the def "def_CDROM.info" instead.

If these "def_NDosCDRom.info" and "def_CDROM.info" are not present in the system, the small grey icon will be shown.

Ideally, as on OS3, it would be more correct for it to detect a specific def_icon for CDAudio, and perhaps also the ability to see the tracks on the CD as AsimCDFS does, see screenhot !
Edited by AMIGASYSTEM on 17-11-2023 12:43, 6 months ago
You do not have access to view attachments
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 6 months ago
Then we have to wait for next synchronization to pull these change into my repository.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 6 months ago

pixie wrote:

@pixie - I am running on qemu, after installed all I did was to change the icontrol preferences from
menu>look>3d to menu>look>classic

it then no longer booted on true color vesa 1280x1024 , and on true color vesa 1024x768 it gave me this
www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/attachments/aros_bug.png

after i went back, copy envarc over and it then runs as before

I'm not able to reproduce this problem. I tried the sequence you mentioned in QEMU, VBox and AROS Linux hosted and in each case there was not crash after change->SAVE->reboot
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 6 months ago
Hi All,

An update from me on the release. We are currently down to 8 bugs that need to be resolved or accepted. You can find the list of bugs here:

https://github.com/deadw00d/AROS/issues?q=assignee%3Adeadw00d+is%3Aopen

The other topic happening in parallel is the list of recommended hardware. One bugs and hardware topics are closed, the release will be ready.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 5 months ago
Hello,

New patch:

https://axrt.org/development/20211128-D06-P02.zip

D06-P02
Improvement to detection of FAT partitions on pen drives
Fix for #110 in regina.library

rexx scripts from arexx_test and demo directory should no longer crash. If they do, please let me know and describe the steps to reproduce.
Posted 5 months ago
Thank you, as soon as possible I will do the tests and let you know if everything works!

Which default tool should I use for Regina's arexx_tests and demos
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 5 months ago
I did tests from shell with "rx <script>"
Posted 5 months ago
Tested the Regina demos also from Icon and it seems to work fine see screenshot

Regina is an Italian word:

English -> King and Queen
Italian -> Re e Regina
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 5 months ago
Thanks for confirmation
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 5 months ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM -
On AROS One x86 it improves something, you can drag and drop a file also in the WBStartup, but another bug is added, with DualPNG Icons, if you drag a file to a Folder, the file is copied to the root of the disk !!!

The same problem also exists on the latest 'AROS-ABV1' build tested, but no problem with the DualPNG icons, the dragged files are copied to the chosen folder!

The 2 attached videos will help to better understand what has been observed on D5:

Please try this version of SFS

https://axrt.org/development/sfs-handler-1.85.zip

The error with "object already in use" when moving should be fixed now. The second problem, with file not being put into directory but directly on root of disk I could not reproduce.
Posted 5 months ago
Perfect, the two problems shown in the video seem to have been solved!

There is however a third problem, if you drag (Move) a file that is 'already present' in the folder, it cannot be copied, see error in the screenshot !
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 5 months ago
Ok, thanks.

As for third issue you mentioned - that's how moving is implemented right now. You cannot move file into a directory if same file is already there. There is no code to ask for overwrite of existing file when moving.
Posted 5 months ago

deadwood wrote:

@deadwood - Ok, thanks.

As for third issue you mentioned - that's how moving is implemented right now. You cannot move file into a directory if same file is already there. There is no code to ask for overwrite of existing file when moving.

Ok I confirm, it seems to be a Filesystem restriction also tested on OS3, the restriction is present on both SFS and FFS, I have not tested PFS.

However there are 3 methods to get around the problem:

1) Copy the file to a "Different Volume", in this case if you drag the file it will be overwritten
2) On Wanderer Prefs Set "Copy" instead of "Move"
3) Move/Copy the File from Dopus4
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 5 months ago
Correct. Or just delete the file in target directory and then move the source file. Smile
Posted 5 months ago
Yes I used that method too, there is also a fourth method, renaming the source file and then delete it Smile
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 5 months ago
Here is patch 3:

https://axrt.org/development/20211128-D06-P03.zip

D06-P03:
  • Fix for #100 in sfs-handler
  • Fix for #64 in workbench.library

And we are down to two bugs!
Amiwell79Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 5 months ago
my native system whit all patch works fine deadwood
Posted 5 months ago
deadwood, AROS-20211128-D06 does not start on ACER ASpire 5920, also tried noacpi I get a black screen !
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Users who participated in discussion: amigamia, deadwood, AMIGASYSTEM, pixie, retrofaza, Amiwell79, G-linx, OlafSch, d0wz
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 3
Members Online 0

Total Members: 228
Newest Member: r-tea
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]