Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

AROS Archives Thread

Last updated on 18 days ago
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 8 months ago
Hello,

If you have requests towards files on AROS-Archives (http://archives.aros-exec.org/index.php?function=home), like removing of duplicates or not-working packages, please post them in this thread.
Edited by amigamia on 17-08-2023 06:45, 8 months ago
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 6 months ago
AMIGASYSTEM:

@deadwood

- DiskImageGUI v52.34 (diskimage.i386-aros.tar.bz2) on Aros-archive does not work well, if you run it twice the second time it does not work.
Also, DiskImageGUI v52.34 uses different paths for images (ClassesToolbarImagesDefault)

DiskImageGUI v52.32 on your Builds works, the required path for images is (SystemesImagesdigfx)

- BackupCopy (backupcopy_v1.0.i386-aros.tar.gz) crashes as soon as it runs

deadwood, I've noticed that the new Aros-exec is much more visited than arosword, I think it's better to unblock the threads you blocked!
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 6 months ago
@AMIGASYSTEM

For diskimage.device I added a note to the description as this does not seem to be a showstopper. Thanks for reporting.

For BackupCopy it does not crash at start for me, shows requester. See screenshot:
deadwood attached the following image:
backupcopy.png
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 6 months ago
Ok the reference forum for my reports will remain this one, thanks for telling me.

About BackupCopy actually works fine on your Build, I need to find out why it goes to Guru on my AROS One !
Posted 6 months ago

deadwood wrote:

@deadwood - @AMIGASYSTEM

For diskimage.device I added a note to the description as this does not seem to be a showstopper. Thanks for reporting.

For BackupCopy it does not crash at start for me, shows requester. See screenshot:

OK discovered the mystery of the Guru on BackupCopy, causing the Guru and the presence of the PlugIn hollywood "iconic.hwp", not present in the Builds !

I have deleted the hollywood PlugIn "iconic.hwp" from my Libs/Hollywood folder, I hope it is not needed for some other software!
Posted 4 months ago
deadwood you can delete from Aros archive "astralgame.lha" because it does not work on AROS, after my report, the developer is trying to correct the incompatibility with AROS, on AROS 68k and MOS the game worked.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 4 months ago
Can you get the developer to join this forum or at least describe what the incompatibility is about? If possible it should be fixed in AROS rather then developer making a workaround.
Posted 4 months ago
deadwood, Juan Carlos thanks for the invitation, he said he has little to say about AROS, he however frequents an AROS group on Facebook where he posts news about AROS programs and games.

I think this is it: https://www.faceb...651330981/

AstralGame has been fixed and now works fine, you can delete from Aros Archive the old Archive (language problem, it only worked in the Spanish language)
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 4 months ago
Can you or Juan Carlos then upload a fixes release to Archives replacing current one?
Posted 4 months ago
I asked Juan Carlos this morning to forward it to Aros Archive, if he won't do it I will forward it, in the meantime if you can delete the old Archive, maybe he is waiting for this!
Posted 4 months ago
deadwood, you have to delete from aros archive Worm Wars, this morning I compiled the correct binary for Minuous, we also encountered some problems on AROS:

https://eab.abime...ost1661109

http://archives.a...6-aros.zip
M
MinuousNewbie
Posted 4 months ago
That site and most similar ones have a "replace file" feature for upgrading versions. I have uploaded the new version there now, it will automatically replace the old version.
Edited by Minuous on 29-12-2023 04:45, 4 months ago
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 4 months ago
@AMIGASYSTEM

What is wrong with current WormWars on the archives (version 9.3) - I tried them and didn't experience any crash.

As for new upload (version 9.34), it looks like it is compiled with use of new C library. This has not yet been officially released and can still change before the official release. This mean the compilation that is in uploads can stop working. As such I cannot approve it.

Once the new C library is made official (with the next ABIv0 release), please see if you can re-compile and re-upload.
Edited by deadwood on 29-12-2023 08:05, 4 months ago
Posted 4 months ago
OK, maybe in the archive you could put both executables "with different names" so that everyone can use both systems.

Regarding WormWars, on the post I attached, if I understood correctly the v9.3 version included some bugs, which were fixed with the new version.

I will compile the new executable for Minuous.

EDIT:

Replaced the executable on the EAB thread, I attach binary here as well:
AMIGASYSTEM attached the following file:
wormwars.zip [120.57kB / 93 Downloads]
M
MinuousNewbie
Posted 4 months ago
This new binary should work for everyone? So it is not necessary to include both? Otherwise I would have to make some changes to the install script, etc.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 4 months ago
The new binary will work for everyone - no need to include both.
PuniPuniJunior Member
Posted 1 month ago
Hi,

Just uploaded Feedback 14 to AROS Archives, but messed up the filename of the archive. It is called "void-fb14-aros.i386-aros.zip_.zip", but should be "void-fb14-aros.i386-aros.zip". Hope this can be fixed. :-) Thanks in advance! I could not find an option to change the name after it had been uploaded.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 1 month ago
Renamed and approved :-)
PuniPuniJunior Member
Posted 1 month ago
Thanks for your help, Deadwood! Smile
Posted 1 month ago
@Puni

I noticed that if in the Libs/Hollywood path there is the library "avcodec.hwp", some audio tracks are disturbed, only loud hissing can be heard, basically the audio file seems to be corrupted, if I delete the library "avcodec.hwp" everything works perfectly !

Identifying the cause of the corruption of musical pieces was not easy !

The tracks that can be heard badly are:
Void-FB11 - First Track
Void-FB14 - Second Track
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator
Users who participated in discussion: deadwood, AMIGASYSTEM, Minuous, Puni
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 7
Members Online 0

Total Members: 224
Newest Member: Zhule
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]