Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Bounty for new Browser clarification

Last updated on 5 months ago
Amiwell79Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 9 months ago
I saw on this site that many users would like to participate in the bounty for a new browser for aros, there would be the possibility of bringing wayfarer browser, on aros exec intervened ASIGEL on a thread with 5000 eur you can have the browser, I wanted to allocate the entire sum but there is I can always intervene with a good contribution who expressed a vote in favor of the bounty please intervene in such a way as to agreeLike
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 9 months ago
Can you clarify if the price of 5000 euros is for:

a) fully working port of MorphOS version to AROS including developments of pieces "missing" on AROS but needed by the browser

or

b) getting access to sources code with some limited help/guidance of author

?
Posted 9 months ago
"a" deadwood

but not sure about the updates maybe they are not included

hi
Posted 9 months ago
Asigel who intervened on aros exec clearly said that with 5000 euros you would have a complete and working port
Posted 9 months ago
The last time I heard JacadCaps told me that he does not know Aros and maybe he is the least suitable person for porting however he added that he had not heard any Aros programmer to solve the issue
A
ASiegelNewbie
Posted 9 months ago

Amiwell79 wrote:

@Amiwell79 - Asigel who intervened on aros exec clearly said that with 5000 euros you would have a complete and working port

This is blatantly untrue.

I said no such thing.

I asked what the community would get for 5.000 EUR after you brought up this specific amount.

You have avoided providing any direct answer.
Posted 9 months ago
I had not understood well excuse me asigel
Posted 9 months ago
Considering the question that is exposed here many users would like to participate in the bounty always if Jacek is available to do the porting but as I answered before I heard him a few years ago and he told me that he does not know Aros
Posted 7 months ago
excluding the browser for morphos and given that in this forum there is favorable feedback on creating or updating odyssey what should be done to open the bounty
amigamiaamigamiaAdmin
Posted 7 months ago

Amiwell79 wrote:

@Amiwell79 - excluding the browser for morphos and given that in this forum there is favorable feedback on creating or updating odyssey what should be done to open the bounty

Perhaps creating a new bounty on https://power2people.org/projects/overview/ and start donating to it may be a good starting point. That is if this web site is still active. Power2people
Posted 7 months ago
yes I know the website and as far as I understand about odyssey and that it might be possible to update it so this could be the topic of the bounty
Posted 7 months ago
Alternatively the best choice is browservice is a great solutionLike

i.ibb.co/yfp9Ndj/browservice.png
Posted 7 months ago
odyssey works well with this service of course you have to have another computer but you can consider getting something small, I am happy with this solutionSmile
Posted 7 months ago

Amiwell79 wrote:

@Amiwell79 - odyssey works well with this service of course you have to have another computer but you can consider getting something small, I am happy with this solutionSmile

https://github.co...e/releases
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 7 months ago
If I understand correctly browservice can only run on Linux-hosted AROS, so for Native AROS or AROS on a virtual machine it cannot be used Sad
Posted 7 months ago
works on all versions of aros but I have only tried the native solutionWink
M
magoriumSoftware Dev
Posted 7 months ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

If I understand correctly browservice can only run on Linux-hosted AROS,

No. It can but that is pure coincidental.

so for Native AROS or AROS on a virtual machine it cannot be used Sad

It is a proxy, just as AmiFox is. You run it on a (small) standalone server though it is possible to also run it on a host such as Linux and/or Windows.

So, in case of running AROS in a VM you can opt for
- running the proxy service on your host platform
- run another VM next to AROS that has a small dedicated server that runs the proxy service.
- have a(nother) dedicated computer that runs the proxy service
Edited by magorium on 13-10-2023 19:35, 7 months ago
Posted 7 months ago
yes I configured another computer for browservice in my case
M
magoriumSoftware Dev
Posted 7 months ago
@Amiwell79:
Is there a particular reason you prefer to use browserservice instead of AmiFox (as they basically do the same thing) ?
Posted 7 months ago
browserservice is a better service to navigate and have access to all sites then the rendering of pages is much faster with amifox i found problems on some web portals and also with rendering
Edited by Amiwell79 on 13-10-2023 20:04, 7 months ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Users who participated in discussion: amigamia, magorium, deadwood, AMIGASYSTEM, Amiwell79, ASiegel
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 6
Members Online 0

Total Members: 224
Newest Member: Zhule
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]