Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

AROS cross-compiler that runs on Linux?

Last updated on 7 months ago
ChrisHChrisHSoftware Dev
Posted 2 years ago
Does anyone know where I can find a version of GCC/G++ compiler for Linux that will cross-compile for AROS?

ZeroHero used to provide one, but his website is down, and no-one seems to have saved his AROS (nor MorphOS) versions:
http://www.zerohe.../aros.html (no-longer exists)
amigamiaamigamiaAdmin
Posted 2 years ago
Hi Chris,

Good to see you around again. I am not sure if that is available anymore but I do have a copy of the old AmidevCPP which was the full IDE with Amiga and AROS libraries for cross compiling but from Windows. I can send you that if you are interested.
ChrisHChrisHSoftware Dev
Posted 2 years ago
I still have a copy of AmiDevCpp, but I am looking for a Linux-based cross-compiler, and really one that can be scripted easily.
amigamiaamigamiaAdmin
Posted 2 years ago
Sorry to go out of topic but are there any news about PortablE development?
pixiepixieJunior Member
Posted 12 months ago

amigamia wrote:

@amigamia - Hi Chris,

Good to see you around again. I am not sure if that is available anymore but I do have a copy of the old AmidevCPP which was the full IDE with Amiga and AROS libraries for cross compiling but from Windows. I can send you that if you are interested.

Do you mind sharing?
M
magoriumSoftware Dev
Posted 11 months ago
@pixie:
Although your question is about AMIDev, chris did create a AROS cross compiler package and posted it on his website, see his post here.

But, the "normal" way of creating a cross compiler would be by following the instructions on deadwoods github page. That builds an AROS cross compiler for you (though it requires some work if you want to make it truly 'standalone' ). No windows instructions though but with WSL (or MSYS/others) that should not be a problem.
Edited by magorium on 08-04-2023 04:59, 11 months ago
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 8 months ago
@ChrisH

I know this is an old thread, but have you solved your problems? Creating a cross-compiler for Linux is actually quite straightforward,
amigamiaamigamiaAdmin
Posted 8 months ago

pixie wrote:

@pixie -

amigamia wrote:

@amigamia - Hi Chris,

Do you mind sharing?

Sorry Pixie, I do not remember this request. Did I ever respond to you via email to this?
Amiwell79Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 8 months ago
Portable help us with this guide

http://cshandley....compilers/
pixiepixieJunior Member
Posted 7 months ago

amigamia wrote:

Sorry Pixie, I do not remember this request. Did I ever respond to you via email to this?

Sadly no
amigamiaamigamiaAdmin
Posted 7 months ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Users who participated in discussion: amigamia, magorium, ChrisH, deadwood, pixie, Amiwell79
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 3
Members Online 0

Total Members: 220
Newest Member: walkero
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]