Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

ADoom3 benchmark

Last updated on 6 days ago
R
retrofazaJunior Member
Posted 23 days ago
I am looking for the best card for ADoom3 Smile
I checked the results for my two cards and listed in the table below.
If you have other cards, please share your results.

(To run the benchmark while playing press the "`" key and type "Timedemo demo1" in the console.

i.imgur.com/D9EHTVH.png
F
FaroxJunior Member
Posted 23 days ago
Interesting. Unfortunately i don't have a card with support for 3D enabled.Frown
D
DeremonJunior Member
Posted 22 days ago
Test platform Core2Quad Q9550 (GA-P35-DS3) + Geforce 9500GT 512M - Ultra details
640x480 57 fps
800x600 53 fps
1024x768 43 fps
1280x720 39 fps

I will test it on my older hardware in the next days
pixiepixieJunior Member
Posted 21 days ago

retrofaza wrote:

@retrofaza - I am looking for the best card for ADoom3 Smile
I checked the results for my two cards and listed in the table below.
If you have other cards, please share your results.

(To run the benchmark while playing press the "`" key and type "Timedemo demo1" in the console.

i.imgur.com/D9EHTVH.png

Could you compare it with a Linux build if possible? It would be interesting to see how it performs on the same machine.
R
retrofazaJunior Member
Posted 21 days ago

pixie wrote:

Could you compare it with a Linux build if possible? It would be interesting to see how it performs on the same machine.

This could be interesting, I will check it out in the near future
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 15 days ago
BTW, has anyone tried DOOM3 on hosted AROS using HostGL? Does it work? What FPS do you get.
D
DeremonJunior Member
Posted 15 days ago

deadwood wrote:

@deadwood - BTW, has anyone tried DOOM3 on hosted AROS using HostGL? Does it work? What FPS do you get.

I've some problem with athlonxp (doom3 not starting but I've to reinstall) testing again later
Tried it on hosted with hostgl on my notebook:

Ryzen 5 4600H - Nvidia 1650 - mint 21.1

640*480 - 155fps
800*600 - 154fps
1024*786 - 150fps
1280*720 - 150fps

But it has some problems with transparency (seem a graphic artifact) I've attached a screenshot

Game seems working but I saw on timedemo a problem with the torch (light from it is weird)
Edited by Deremon on 14-04-2024 13:31, 15 days ago
Deremon attached the following image:
adoom3_hosted.png
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 15 days ago
Nice results! Weird though that native driver has a bug that nouveau do not have :/
D
DeremonJunior Member
Posted 15 days ago
Yes the result is very very nice,
I tested the native linux version, difference is only 30fps with 1024*768 (180fps) although on native linux the graphic is not buggy Smile
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 15 days ago
Hmm, the drop in frame rate is not that bad. Also I guess the more plausible reason is that hostgl has a bug rather then native nvidia driver Wink It actually might be due to Mesa - you compile DOOM with Mesa GL headers but then run with "other" GL implementation. There might be some bug in Mesa headers that gets exposed this way.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 15 days ago
Hmm, one way of checking this would be compiling 64-bit version and run on 64-bit AROS hosted. 64-bit version uses a different (newer) Mesa which might solve that issue.
Amiwell79Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 14 days ago
newer mesa?Cool
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 14 days ago
Yes, core build have mesa 20.x, but nouveu driver has not been updated - so you get newer main library but no hardware 3D on supported video cards.
Posted 14 days ago
ok, but what is the current version on linux?
Edited by Amiwell79 on 15-04-2024 11:13, 14 days ago
pixiepixieJunior Member
Posted 14 days ago

deadwood wrote:

@deadwood - Yes, core build have mesa 20.x, but nouveu driver has not been updated - so you get newer main library but no hardware 3D on supported video cards.

If drivers get updated one gets 3d acceleration in hosted? That's dope
Edited by pixie on 15-04-2024 15:15, 14 days ago
D
DeremonJunior Member
Posted 14 days ago

Amiwell79 wrote:

@Amiwell79 - ok, but what is the current version on linux?

On Ubuntu 22.04 is Mesa 23.X

deadwood wrote:

@deadwood - Hmm, one way of checking this would be compiling 64-bit version and run on 64-bit AROS hosted. 64-bit version uses a different (newer) Mesa which might solve that issue.

I'll try to prepare a new VM to build on abiv11 64bit if I have a bit of free time Smile
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 14 days ago
@Deremon

Thanks, that will be interesting. Let me know if you run into any troubles compared to ABIv0
Posted 14 days ago
deadwood if you update the drivers, is it possible to use new cards?
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 14 days ago
I'm not planning on updating video drivers this year
D
DeremonJunior Member
Posted 13 days ago

deadwood wrote:

@deadwood - @Deremon

Thanks, that will be interesting. Let me know if you run into any troubles compared to ABIv0

I'm trying to compile core-contrib, ffmpeg (both 3.0.1 and 4.0.2) fail compilation with this error

In file included from /home/aros/core-contrib-x86_64/bin/linux-x86_64/AROS/Development/include/aros/libcall.h:74:0,
 from /home/aros/core-contrib-x86_64/bin/linux-x86_64/AROS/Development/include/clib/bsdsocket_protos.h:8,
 from /home/aros/core-contrib-x86_64/bin/linux-x86_64/AROS/Development/include/proto/bsdsocket.h:11,
 from /home/aros/core-contrib-x86_64/bin/linux-x86_64/AROS/Development/include/proto/socket.h:11,
 from ./libavformat/os_support.h:111,
 from ./libavformat/internal.h:26,
 from libavdevice/lavfi.c:44:
/home/aros/core-contrib-x86_64/bin/linux-x86_64/AROS/Development/include/aros/x86_64/libcall.h:8:28: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'asm'
 register void * __fixedreg asm("r12");

Any ideas?
I'm using directly the ABIv11 20230430-1 source, I'm going to clone main repo to use latest code to see if will also fail
Edited by Deremon on 16-04-2024 12:51, 13 days ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator
Users who participated in discussion: deadwood, AMIGASYSTEM, pixie, retrofaza, Amiwell79, Farox, Deremon
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 8
Members Online 0

Total Members: 224
Newest Member: Zhule
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]