Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

New AROS user

Last updated on 22 days ago
M
miker1264Software Dev
Posted 28 days ago
With many early motherboards the Boot From USB won't work.

You should burn the ISO to DVD then boot from Optical Drive and install from there.

USB boot is only useful for newer motherboards.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 28 days ago

Deremon wrote:

@Deremon
1) no changes with noapic, it goes on the same line as ATA=nodma debug=memory nomonitors right?

2) Ok unfortunately it's a really early usb motherboard I can only boot having a USB-CDROM (real or virtual) no USB-HDD boot

apart from that is there anything else I can do to debug this issue?

1) yes, that's the place, but the switch is noacpi not noapic

2) since you build AROS from sources, I could guide you where to add debug / change sources to possibly locate the issue - but this means making a considerable number of new ISOs and the burning them on DVDs since as you said USB boot is not working.
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 28 days ago
@Deremon

Perfect now with al new version "residualvm-031-1" you can listen to mp3s.
I had solved by converting MP3s to WAVE (with or without extension)
Amiwell79Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 28 days ago
yes sorry icaros is part of an old build
D
DeremonJunior Member
Posted 28 days ago

deadwood wrote:

@deadwood -

Deremon wrote:

@Deremon
1) no changes with noapic, it goes on the same line as ATA=nodma debug=memory nomonitors right?

2) Ok unfortunately it's a really early usb motherboard I can only boot having a USB-CDROM (real or virtual) no USB-HDD boot

apart from that is there anything else I can do to debug this issue?

1) yes, that's the place, but the switch is noacpi not noapic

2) since you build AROS from sources, I could guide you where to add debug / change sources to possibly locate the issue - but this means making a considerable number of new ISOs and the burning them on DVDs since as you said USB boot is not working.

Oh my god, I beg your pardon, I've confused noacpi with the linux kernel parameter noapic really sorry about that

with noacpi iso is booting!! Now I can install the official "base" version, I'll install it later to check if it's working correctly Smile

Thank you very much!!

PS booting on both!

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM - @Deremon

Perfect now with al new version "residualvm-031-1" you can listen to mp3s.
I had solved by converting MP3s to WAVE (with or without extension)

I've tested it with the dvd version of myst III and it's working with the mp3 without conversions
Edited by Deremon on 02-04-2024 05:35, 28 days ago
Posted 28 days ago
Yes now with your new version it works for me too without converting, I had done the conversion "before when ResidualVM did not support MP3".

I also tested Myst 3 with ResidualVM on the small "Dell Inspiron Mini 910" with native resolution (Hardware Mode) 640x480 ideal for having a full screen, see screenshot ! it is fast even in software mode !

Today I also created the DualPNG Icone in the style of AROS One, see screenshot

--- Italiano ---

Si adesso con la tua nuova versione funziona anche a me senza convertire, la conversione l'avevo fatta "prima quando ResidualVM non supportava gli MP3".

Ho anche testato Myst 3 con ResidualVM sul piccolo "Dell Inspiron Mini 910" con risoluzione nativa (Modalità Hardware) 640x480 ideale per avere uno schermo pieno, vedi seenshot ! è veloce anche in modalità software !

Oggi ho creato anche creato le Icone DualPNG in stile AROS One, vedi screenshot
AMIGASYSTEM attached the following image:
icons-residualvm.jpg myst3.jpg
D
DeremonJunior Member
Posted 27 days ago
Awesome! I'll proceed to upload them on AROS archives tonight after work (residualvm + scummvm w/ mp3 support)
Edited by Deremon on 02-04-2024 06:48, 27 days ago
Posted 27 days ago
If you like I will pass you all the created Icons of residualvm + scummvm to put in the archives !
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 27 days ago

Deremon wrote:

@Deremon

with noacpi iso is booting!! Now I can install the official "base" version, I'll install it later to check if it's working correctly Smile

Thank you very much!!

PS booting on both!

Great to hear that!
Posted 27 days ago
Exile works fine thank youSmile
Posted 27 days ago
Great who works arosLike
Posted 27 days ago
if you want to try Tiny Aros and booting from the usb key does not work, there is an alternative installation with compiler includedSmile
Edited by Amiwell79 on 02-04-2024 10:29, 27 days ago
Amiwell79 attached the following image:
tiny.jpeg
Posted 27 days ago
For those who are inexperienced, and would like to install games on ResidualVM in their own language (if available), I recommend first installing the Game on PC/MAC and then bringing the game folder to ResidualVM.

In my case on ResidualVM I installed MYST 3 in English/Italian, see screenshot !
myst3_1.jpg
D
DeremonJunior Member
Posted 27 days ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM - If you like I will pass you all the created Icons of residualvm + scummvm to put in the archives !

Yes seems good Smile
Will you attach them here or you prefer to send them by email?
Edited by Deremon on 02-04-2024 13:43, 27 days ago
Posted 27 days ago
I attach the arrchivio here, these are the standard size ones, the big ones will be needed in the future when they can be resized by the system !
Edited by AMIGASYSTEM on 02-04-2024 13:54, 27 days ago
AMIGASYSTEM attached the following file:
residualvm.zip [48.26kB / 34 Downloads]
residualvm_1.zip [48.26kB / 32 Downloads]
D
DeremonJunior Member
Posted 27 days ago

Amiwell79 wrote:

@Amiwell79 - if you want to try Tiny Aros and booting from the usb key does not work, there is an alternative installation with compiler includedSmile

I will try it for sure, thanks!
Posted 27 days ago
hi thanksSmile
Edited by Amiwell79 on 02-04-2024 15:21, 27 days ago
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 25 days ago
@Deremon

I saw you uploaded DOOM 3 binary to archives compiled using new SDK. Did you have any problems with it? Anything needed to improve?
Posted 25 days ago
@Deremon

Are in the works DualPNG Icons for Adoom3 in 4 AROS One Styles, see screenshots, for ScummVM (already existing) if you need them I attach the archive here.
adoom3.jpg
Posted 24 days ago
Deadwood ADoom works fineLike
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator
Users who participated in discussion: amigamia, deadwood, AMIGASYSTEM, Amiwell79, miker1264, Deremon
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 8
Members Online 0

Total Members: 224
Newest Member: Zhule
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]