Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Tiny Aros Distrò

Last updated on 4 hours ago
Amiwell79Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 13 days ago
the new version of Tiny Aros is available some software has been removed in the "extras/home/doc" section there are some issues of total amiga to consult, added all the demos in the archives and also some games in a few days I will publish a new site the distribution can be downloaded from the following link it is a file to be written with rufus on windows 10/11

https://www.adriv...s_copy.vhd

All the best, enjoy!
Edited by Amiwell79 on 28-04-2024 03:31, 13 days ago
Amiwell79 attached the following image:
tiny_1.jpeg janus.jpeg lightwave.jpeg
Posted 13 days ago
Keeping your system up to date is as simple as having an extra partition for your files, games, documents etc.., every time a new release of Tiny Aros comes out just delete the root partitionSmile
Posted 13 days ago
I modified an entry of Dopus5 it is located in "system:dopus5/filetypes" I attach it to the post replace it and to create even tar files on the fly remove zunearc from the software without problems it will no longer be needed, the development tools must be installed!
Edited by Amiwell79 on 28-04-2024 16:01, 13 days ago
Amiwell79 attached the following file:
drawers.zip [355Bytes / 15 Downloads]
Posted 7 days ago
At the moment I don't have a website because I want to work only with AROS, I had found a provider but I can't proceed with the payment and then publish the site Any updates I'll post them here at the moment

al the best!
pixiepixieMember
Posted 7 days ago

Amiwell79 wrote:

@Amiwell79 - the new version of Tiny Aros is available some software has been removed in the "extras/home/doc" section there are some issues of total amiga to consult, added all the demos in the archives and also some games in a few days I will publish a new site the distribution can be downloaded from the following link it is a file to be written with rufus on windows 10/11

https://www.adriv...s_copy.vhd

All the best, enjoy!

It's no longer accessible Sad
Posted 7 days ago
Edited by Amiwell79 on 04-05-2024 15:02, 7 days ago
pixiepixieMember
Posted 6 days ago
Damn, that's not tiny! Pfft

PS- Do I need to download anyother disk? Some of the programs seem to either not run, like OWB, or ask for files in another places, like bar and Pipes or WCS
Edited by pixie on 05-05-2024 06:50, 6 days ago
Posted 6 days ago
The archive is not small because there are development files included, everything should work after installation
Posted 6 days ago
I've tried the system installed in VM and it all works, compared to the other distributions and really tinyGrin
pixiepixieMember
Posted 6 days ago
Do I need to install it? I haven't since I assumed that since it's already a vhd file all would be already done. Do you have any site or screenshots of it? I find https://archiveos...tiny-aros/ but the picture is very ...ahem... tiny! xD
Posted 6 days ago
I am using virtualbox is the rference file I converted it to write it with rufus the new site I still have to publish that is the old one
Edited by Amiwell79 on 05-05-2024 11:16, 6 days ago
Posted 6 days ago
this is whit vdi file
Amiwell79 attached the following image:
cattura.png
pixiepixieMember
Posted 6 days ago
Here you can see some of what I am seeing. Meanwhile I have converted the vhd to vmkd so that I could use on vmware which seems faster on my machine, and owb issue doesn't even happen, but it doesn't either, i guess it should have to do with linking and sfs

Tiny Issues
Posted 6 days ago
about the problems encountered for wcs you have to create the assign to wcsprojects in s(I had to do it xd), for DH0 volume: you have to create a partition on ata.device, bars&pipes look for the prefs file at boot I don't know if you have to delete the old one which is inside its directory and anyway a program in alpha we encountered problems

many thanks
Edited by Amiwell79 on 05-05-2024 14:05, 6 days ago
Posted 6 days ago
now I created a smaller disk file I deleted bars&pipes because it gives too many problems right nowFrown
Posted 6 days ago
The new site is online, it's a job done with the tools that AROS offers, I have to update the domain because the current one is too long
Posted 6 days ago
To make the distribution as tiny as possible I removed the development files, I still have to fix the site with other links, Bars&Pipes has been removed at the moment
pixiepixieMember
Posted 5 days ago
478Mb is a nice size, I was talking of that 1.6gb file I tried before.
pixiepixieMember
Posted 5 days ago
Amiwell79, one thing I didn't understand is if it needs to install or not, usually on iso files since you cannot save the preferences they are made to be installable, but since your distro is already on a vhd I wonder if you need it to also be installed.
Posted 5 days ago
If you use the file in a virtual machine you don't need to install anything, if you want to install on a PC you have to write the image file with Rufus
Edited by Amiwell79 on 06-05-2024 08:02, 5 days ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator
Users who participated in discussion: amigamia, deadwood, AMIGASYSTEM, pixie, Amiwell79, miker1264, mattson62, Puni, Farox
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 2
Members Online 0

Total Members: 228
Newest Member: r-tea
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]