Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

General Chat

General Chat
985 posts | Last Activity on 10-06-2014 07:13 by magorium
M
magorium 10-06-2014 07:13, 10 years ago
Re: Aros-Exec Down?
@BSzili: Good, as it was intended that way :D But seriously, although i fully understand the annoyance of such things i'm always amazed how many people seems bothered about a single tiny website (out of a zillion others out there) not working correctly. @terminills, On hindside, yes you are correct. do _NOT_ clear your cookies if you are able to login and be able post correctly. @paolone2: thanks for the additional (technical) information. I've already talked here and there so am aware (a little). But how to explain such technical matter to the outside as such things alway seem to render the remark: "so then simply fix it" (and i have no idea how technically difficult such thing would be). PS: did you had to make another account because you lost/forgot your old info ? @all: just hang in there. eventually things will work as intended again. Maybe now is a good time to make some time for your other hobbies like sunbathing, collecting stamps or hunt down some bugs in AROS :D And if you can't live without, we're all at your service in case you wanna drop your AROS related questions over here.
Responded in Aros-Exec Down?
AmiDARK
AmiDARK 09-06-2014 16:39, 10 years ago
I encounter this problem too. I cannot post on aros-exec.org. It always send message "your session has expired ....".
T
terminills 09-06-2014 16:13, 10 years ago
[quote][url=http://arosworld.org/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=87&pid=480#post_480][b]serk118uk wrote:[/b][/url] Last person to post at ae was terminills. I have cleared the cookies but still same..[/quote] Do not clear your cookies if it's currently working for you. The only machine I can post from has a 3 month old cookie. :\
BSzili
BSzili 09-06-2014 14:45, 10 years ago
That sounded really dirty! :D
M
magorium 07-06-2014 23:40, 10 years ago
Well, at least some info. The powers that be are aware of the issues and are trying to wave their magic wand. So, let's give them a few days to play with their magic stick :D
M
magorium 05-06-2014 11:59, 10 years ago
Ah yes, i saw you 'floating by' :D Thanks for having tried and reporting back. That way people who experience the same issue wouldn't have to try themselves (and i saw many trying already). Although completely speculating on my part, be aware that the ip-ban message we saw earlier this week, could mean admin just opened thing up so we can at least view things again, but that things are still being worked upon. For all i know, only certain people are allowed to post atm (testing) and/or the user-settings have to be (re)set. Since no announcement was made in advance, that could indicate unusual/unexpected maintenance (hence my earlier expressed fear). If anyone has more info, then please feel free to enlighten the troubled minds ;)
serk118uk
serk118uk 05-06-2014 11:41, 10 years ago
Last person to post at ae was terminills. I have cleared the cookies but still same..
M
magorium 05-06-2014 09:41, 10 years ago
@serk The issue as reported by you, seems to be confirmed on the developers ML. Someone responded with having experienced something similar in the past, which could be 'solved' by clearing cookies. Alas, i can clear all i want but unfortunately, no joy for me as i am still completely unable to log in :( It seems we have to have some patience. Although, my fear is something more seriously (wrong) is happening atm. Only time can tell. @all For the ones not being able to live without these kinda forums, please feel free to discuss things on this board. we don't bite (so hard) :P Alternatively you could also try OlafS3's board [url=http://www.amigacoding.de/]here[/url].
M
magorium 04-06-2014 12:20, 10 years ago
fwiw: i was already having problems (the last couple of days) logging in, but am now unable to. Everything seems accepted, but the board simply don't display the logged in page (and also does not tell that something went wrong). Curious matters :| Thanks for reporting Serk :thumbsup: as you certainly would not be the only one (perhaps also explaining the lack of posts the last 2/3 days).
serk118uk
serk118uk 04-06-2014 06:48, 10 years ago
Something must gone wrong, I can not reply to any of post at aros-exec since yesterday...
M
magorium 29-05-2014 14:16, 10 years ago
fwiw: for those trying to reach aros-exec and get a ip-ban message... no, there is nothing wrong with your specific ip-address, it seems everyone is experiencing the same. Unfortunately i don't have any further info atm. Simply hold on tight, and try again in a couple of hours/days.. patience is virtue :)
M
magorium 26-05-2014 16:25, 10 years ago
Same for me amigamia. Site was down whole of yesterday and started working again for me today. sometimes indeed pretty slow or unable to login. Yesterday arosworld was out for me for a small period of time as well. (and right now i am having problems posting this message: unable to establish connection to sql... blah). Computer-technology: a small wonder in itself (at least when it works) :D
amigamia
amigamia 26-05-2014 09:53, 10 years ago
I have been unable to browse to aros-exec.org since yesterday. It either times out or is slow as molasses.
amigamia
amigamia 26-04-2014 09:13, 10 years ago
Re: AmbasaOS 04.24.2014 is now out.
Really nice! Thank you sharing
amigamia
amigamia 26-04-2014 09:09, 10 years ago
Re: The bounty puzzle
Wow that was quick indeed. Very good points and well addressed by Andre'. I do however have a suggestion but it is more for other sites than P2P. Bounties should have more visibility and what I mean by that, they should be advertised clearly on web sites instead of just a link to p2p. I am going to see if I can add a Project infusion to this site and post the bounties in a more explicit way. I'll see how it goes and maybe other AROS sites can follow. Just some help in marketing the bounties.
Responded in The bounty puzzle
C
cavemann 25-04-2014 16:20, 10 years ago
Wow that was quick, here is the reply I received from P2P. Hello, thank you for your email. You raise three basic issues and I will try to address all of them. 1. It should be possible to split donations among multiple developers. => This is already possible and has happened multiple times. Most recently, the Port AROS to ASUS EeePC donations were split between Neil and Michal, for instance. They figured out the percentages among themselves which is the best approach since non-developers are unlikely to add anything productive to these type of discussions. 2. ABIv1 vs. ABIv0 => This is purely a bounty description issue. If you want ABIv0 to be supported, ensure that it is in the description and only donate to those projects that have it in there. There have been bounty projects that specifically referenced ABIv0 or ABIv1 or both before. 3. Splitting up large bounties to more manageable pieces. => Once again, this has already happened. For very large efforts, multiple related bounty projects have been created (usually with the wording "phase 1", "phase 2", etc.). The two completed Kickstart replacement bounties are a good example. Unfortunately, many projects are simply not very suitable for a modular milestone approach. Even if somebody writes 95% of the code to add certain new functionality, it might actually take another developer more time to carefully review, clean up, and ultimately fix this code so it works properly and reliably. Please note that it is impossible to know this before-hand or without a thorough investigation, which takes time and effort. Power2People relies on the AROS community to test and determine if all conditions of a bounty project have been. Thankfully, there are quite a few users around who are willing to test software. However, with many software projects, there is simply no working binary that end users could test until the project is almost finished. In these cases, reviewing whether a milestone was met or not would be up to other developers who are not as frequently found as end users and who might in many cases provide far more value to AROS by focusing on actual development as opposed to review other people's code. Another issue is that Power2People is far more comfortable paying out funds after a large group of people has tested piece of software compared to paying out money based on the opinion of a single developer willing to review source code. I hope this is helpful to you. I understand that you may have preferred different answers but some things are just naturally complicated and difficult. Best regards, Andr? Siegel
C
cavemann 25-04-2014 14:16, 10 years ago
Hello amigamia, Thanks for the positive response. I didn't think to contact P2P, since I am only asking questions and do not have any solutions. However, you have a good idea. After all, P2P has been crowd-funding longer than most kickstarters. It would be interesting to get their input and suggestions. So I will shoot them a link to this thread in hope of a reply. My guess is that P2P would be ok with milestones depending on how the bounty is written. Another problem with AROS bounties is that the developers work with ABIv1 and the rest of us use a distro based on ABIv0. So the devs consider a bounty complete when it works on their ABIv1 development systems, yet we cannot use their work until it gets back-ported to ABIv0, frustrating all parties. Edit: Yet another problem with bounties is actually writing them. People are always proposing bounties and willing to contribute. But when people discuss which items should be included, or how to word the bounty, the whole thing usually falls apart. Too bad there is no standard fill-in-the-blanks bounty format ;)
amigamia
amigamia 24-04-2014 19:10, 10 years ago
Hey cavemann, I have to agree with you 100% but have you tried to contact Bill Buck from Power2People? I believe that's where all the bounties are managed. [url]http://www.power2people.org/contact[/url]
C
cavemann 21-04-2014 19:06, 10 years ago
It has been a long time since I donated to an AROS bounty, mostly imo, the economy has not been that good. But also I think there may be some basic problems with our bounty system. Let's say we want someone to assemble a jigsaw puzzle. After awhile someone takes the bounty, but soon realizes he doesn't have enough time to complete it. Since he won't get paid for completing half, he puts the pieces back in the box and walks away. In other words, perhaps a bounty should have milestones, after a project reaches a certain agreed upon point, the developer might be eligible for a part of the bounty, so that work done is not lost. (Assuming another developer would want to build on the first devs work.) But also, most modern projects are really too large for one developer. There should be a way to split the bounty so that if Huey does 50% of the puzzle, Louie does 30%, and Dewie does 20%, they could all be compensated fairly. But of course, Dewie would say that his pieces were all one color and the hardest section, so he should get more. I don't have any answers, but these issues should be looked at, if we really expect some of the more complex bounties to be completed.
F
fatman2021 17-04-2014 14:13, 10 years ago
Re: AmbasaOS 04.24.2014 is now out.
Ambasa OS allows you to run several operating systems at the same time​. Perfect for programmers and beta testers. Minimum Requirements: 2.20GHz AMD Athlon II Dual-Core or compadible microprocessor 1MB L2 cache 3GB DDR3 or compadible system memory ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 or compadible graphics card 320GB Hard Drive (5400RPM) DVD-RW or compadible mutimedia drive 1366x768 or higher resolution ISO: https://copy.com/NM7wUk4UbM6z MD5: https://copy.com/ncx7wOmqrNng Support: http://ambasa.x10.mx/forum/ and best of all it still comes with AROS pre-installed. :D
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator

Filter by Tags

Popular Threads This Week

Tiny Aros DistrĂ²by Amiwell79 167 posts
AROS One x86 Work In Progressby AMIGASYSTEM 145 posts
AROS ABIv0 20220318-1 Supportby deadwood 73 posts
AROS One 68k Work In Progressby AMIGASYSTEM 16 posts
Wanderer Menusby pixie 4 posts
Greetingsby Templario 3 posts
Rufus 3.x and Rufus 4.x.by AMIGASYSTEM 3 posts
Aros Vision in Developmentby OlafSch 2 posts
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 7
Members Online 0

Total Members: 229
Newest Member: Templario
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]