Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Introductions

Introduce Yourself if you are a first timer.
186 posts | Last Activity on 02-09-2014 04:58 by cavemann
C
cavemann 02-09-2014 04:58, 10 years ago
Re: Thanks for letting me in. ;)
Welcome to ArosWorld :) Most of us are long time Amiga fans. So I'm somewhat curious about how you discovered Amiga, and AROS, in the post desktop era? Anyway, good luck in building an AROS machine. Sometimes it can be a challenge to find an AROS compatible setup. But there is some online help available. [url]http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Aros/Platforms/x86_support[/url] And people here are always available to answer newbie questions ;) Thanks for saying hello :)
Dolcetto
Dolcetto 02-09-2014 00:44, 10 years ago
Re: Thanks for letting me in. ;)
Hello there! :D I'm a newbie in the Amiga world, curious and excited about a new discovery, AROS! :D Using it on VMWare adn partially supported hardware (waiting to find a fully supported configuration and build my own AROS machine), I'd like to make my part in the development of this amazing OS. :) Well, there's nothing more to say, except I'm glad I can discuss here. ^_^
M
magorium 18-07-2014 16:41, 10 years ago
Re: Hello From Kjmann
Thank you very much amigamia. It couldn't have been possible without you :)
Responded in Hello From Kjmann
amigamia
amigamia 18-07-2014 12:03, 10 years ago
Done Sir! ;)
M
magorium 17-07-2014 16:00, 10 years ago
Hi kjmann, quite a curicculum you have there :) welcometo these forums. Enjoy the stay @amigamia: while you're at it... was the link to bszili updated ? if not, are you able to do so ? the new site is: http://bszili.morphos.me/
K
kjmann 17-07-2014 15:57, 10 years ago
Just did an update to the website. should be current now. I will post our new upcoming game soon. =)
K
kjmann 17-07-2014 13:52, 10 years ago
[quote][url=http://arosworld.org/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=90&pid=523#post_523][b]amigamia wrote:[/b][/url] Weclome to AROSWORLD Kjmann! I hope you enjoy this site even if it doesn't have much traffic. Could you provide some links to your company and video games? I would love to add them in the list of links[/quote] No Problem: =) The Site's a little outdated. http://www.atlantisgamesgroup.com
amigamia
amigamia 17-07-2014 03:57, 10 years ago
Weclome to AROSWORLD Kjmann! I hope you enjoy this site even if it doesn't have much traffic. Could you provide some links to your company and video games? I would love to add them in the list of links
serk118uk
serk118uk 17-07-2014 03:13, 10 years ago
Hello and Welcome....
K
kjmann 16-07-2014 13:03, 10 years ago
HI There Everyone. Just introducing myself. I'm Sal AKA: Kjmann. I've been an Avid Amiga User since 1989. I also am an Atari 8-Bit user. My Little Company "Atlantis Games Group" Produced and Wrote 2 games for the Atari 8-Bit. Tempest Xtreem And Venture. We also Did the Cartridge production for Space Harrier XE, for the atari 8-bit. I personally did the soundtracks for all three games. and the SFX for Tempest and Venture. I love the Amiga and would like to get a coder for doing a Classic Amiga Game Sometime. I use a Classic OS system consisting of A2000 with an A2630 Accelerator Card (68030 @ 25mhz) A GVP Impact II +8 SCSI Card A TANDEM IDE Card (For Use with my 52X Sony CDROM) The System has 8 Megs of Zorro II Fast RAM and 1 Meg of Chip Ram. I use an S-Video Adapter that I designed Myself to connect to my LCD 32" Screen I have a 20gig 44pin IDE Hard Drive connected to the SCSI Card Via a SCSI to IDE Bridge Adapter. I'm Running OS 3.9 (Officially)
AmiDARK
AmiDARK 10-06-2014 07:42, 10 years ago
Re: AmiDARK.
Thank you Magorium for your reply :) Yeah! There are "easier" hobbies :p But I love use my brain ... Even if I'm far to be the best scientist in the world. I love the science, the maths and use them even if I don't master them :p For example, as another hobby, I mind about "atoms", "particles", "electromagnetic interaction", etc... :p Have a good day :)
Responded in AmiDARK.
M
magorium 10-06-2014 06:50, 10 years ago
hi AmiDARK, First of all a very welcome to these forums. Thank you very much for joining up, and having taken the time to introduce yourself. A gaming engine as a hobby project...hmz, i can think of easier hobby projects (like collecting stamps for example :D). In case you run into AROS specific issues, then feel free to discuss them. Although perhaps very technical questions belong to the AROS developers ML. Unfortunately a-e forums have a little issue atm, as that would be where most developers post and you could get some answers as well. Hopefully you'll enjoy your stay.
Responded in AmiDARK.
AmiDARK
AmiDARK 09-06-2014 16:16, 10 years ago
Hello. I'm AmiDARK (true name Fr?d?ric). I love Music (I'm musician and a creative composer), astronomy, computers, video games, physics and esoterism. I started some years ago a really big project alone that is called the AmiDARK Engine. A Game Development Kit for Amiga platforms. It is currently compatible with AmigaOS4 and MorphOS. I'm working on the port of it for AROS i386. The Game Development Kit is not finished (Partial 3D support, good 2D support, OpenGL) but it is always on WIP. Of course it's a hobby project so ... progress are low. I've made a bounty to release the source code so, it will maybe help improving the GDK faster :) Here is all I think. Regards,
Responded in AmiDARK.
wolfe
wolfe 10-04-2014 08:23, 10 years ago
Re: Greetings from an avid fan
Welcome and have fun . . .
amigamia
amigamia 05-02-2014 07:55, 10 years ago
Welcome back again ;)
serk118uk
serk118uk 05-02-2014 07:38, 10 years ago
Welcome..
demerzel2013
demerzel2013 04-02-2014 16:31, 10 years ago
Sorry for not replying back before but if I haven't been at work I have been testing Aros. Pushed it in various ways ie multi tasking, command line compatibilty with different Amiga programmes etc Burning DVDs playing vids and music etc. My son in law has also bought a machine and installed Aros and has had no problems. I now have a computer that I can use and enjoy at last thanks.:D
M
magorium 15-11-2013 09:49, 11 years ago
hello demerzel2013, Welcome into the world of aros :) You might feel right at home (indeed) as Aros has a great resemblance with old amiga OS. Ofcourse things are not 100% there yet, but people are working very hard to get it there, eventually. Enjoy and don't hesistate to ask in case of problems, Have fun !
C
cavemann 14-11-2013 16:04, 11 years ago
Hi demerzel2013 We're all Amiga fans, so welcome to ArosWorld and good luck with your 'new Amiga' :)
demerzel2013
demerzel2013 14-11-2013 14:08, 11 years ago
As I let my turbo boosted Amiga 1200 go to a good home 5 months ago, I decided to buy a second hand hp desktop and install Icaros. Wow well done guys you have given me back a real computer that is both modern but still usable as an Amigan. :) Thanks for letting me join.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator

Filter by Tags

Popular Threads This Week

Tiny Aros DistrĂ²by Amiwell79 167 posts
AROS One x86 Work In Progressby AMIGASYSTEM 145 posts
AROS ABIv0 20220318-1 Supportby deadwood 73 posts
AROS Archives - clean upby AMIGASYSTEM 62 posts
AROS One 68k Work In Progressby AMIGASYSTEM 16 posts
Rufus 3.x and Rufus 4.x.by AMIGASYSTEM 3 posts
Greetingsby Templario 3 posts
Aros Vision in Developmentby OlafSch 2 posts
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 4
Members Online 0

Total Members: 229
Newest Member: Templario
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]