Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Mugen on AROS

Last updated on 8 years ago
M
mugenfightertubeJunior Member
Posted 8 years ago
Hay I just wanted people to know that since there is a working DOSBox port for AROS, DOS Mugen works just fine in AROS. Some modern characters will work too, its just a matter of testing them. Sorry if this is a stupid post.

http://orig09.dev...9cz9xm.png

Edit: Just to let people know one thing I like OSes to do is to run Mugen either natively or in emulation.
Edited by mugenfightertube on 13-10-2015 14:41, 8 years ago
M
magoriumSoftware Dev
Posted 8 years ago
Hi mugenfightertube,

Somehow your used nick reminded me of something. Now i know what that is ::)

Unfortunately mugen is closed source, so couldn't be ported to AROS to run natively. Your dosbox solution is a nice addition of those who would like to play with the mugen engine, so thank you for that.

You might perhaps be interested in BSzili's port of OpenBOR to AROS. The idea behind OpenBOR is quite similar to that of MUGEN. OpenBOR should be part of the larger DVD archive/install of Icaros Desktop.

Alternatively, BSzili has it on his ports webpage. Data for OpenBOR can be found scattered throughout the net (i did post some, but h*ll if i know where i posted that, could be even here on the news forum;) ).
M
mugenfightertubeJunior Member
Posted 8 years ago

magorium wrote:

Hi mugenfightertube,

Somehow your used nick reminded me of something. Now i know what that is ::)

Unfortunately mugen is closed source, so couldn't be ported to AROS to run natively. Your dosbox solution is a nice addition of those who would like to play with the mugen engine, so thank you for that.

You might perhaps be interested in BSzili's port of OpenBOR to AROS. The idea behind OpenBOR is quite similar to that of MUGEN. OpenBOR should be part of the larger DVD archive/install of Icaros Desktop.

Alternatively, BSzili has it on his ports webpage. Data for OpenBOR can be found scattered throughout the net (i did post some, but h*ll if i know where i posted that, could be even here on the news forum;) ).

I'll be sure to check OpenBOR out, thanks for the info.

Edit: Just so you know most modern characters for Mugen will not work in DOS Mugen, but some will. Also make sure you download the right version because the 1st DOS Mugen version I can't get to work. The right DOS Mugen to google is "Mug10414". Just some general mugen info.

Edit Again: Forgot to mention DOS Mugen requires this 32 bit DOS Extender "CWSDPMI.EXE".
Edited by mugenfightertube on 14-10-2015 10:57, 8 years ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator
Users who participated in discussion: magorium, mugenfightertube
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 9
Members Online 0

Total Members: 216
Newest Member: Farox
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]