Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

How to setup Grub to have 3D enabled

Last updated on 18 days ago
F
FaroxJunior Member
Posted 19 days ago
Hi
I have 3 PC in my house, but none have hardware supported by current Aros release to enable 3D (OpenGL).
I have one PC with Nvidia GeForce 6800 XT
One with Nvidia GTX 260
and one with integrated AMD Radeon 6310.

Now from an old PC i found a Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS that i think is supported...but what i need to change in Grub to enable 3D support and have a resolution of 1280*1024 ?
Thanks
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 19 days ago
You need to select first option in grub menu: AROS (native graphics). Then the nvidia driver will kick in if card is detected. If you go to SYSPfftrefs/ScreenMode you should see supported video modes. Select the one you want and click Save.
F
FaroxJunior Member
Posted 19 days ago
Thank you. It worked but only after a reboot.

When i try to change resolution with "ScreenMode" utility it says to close all the windows open apart from Wanderer...but seems wasn't able to finish. A reboot and all is working at the resolution selected.
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 19 days ago
You are told to close all windows because there is a "third party" application open on Wanderer, what distribution are you using ?

In any case even if you have the prompt to close the application, once saved on reboot the new resolution should have been saved !

Of course to work the AROS save must have been installed on HD or if it is on a Pendrive
F
FaroxJunior Member
Posted 19 days ago
I use your Aros One and like i write above...after a reboot the new resolution is used.
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 19 days ago
Okay, then the application in question is "DigiClock" is the digital clock that is on the top bar, to close it is very easy, just highlight the bar and use the ESC key.

Once you close "DigiClock" when you save you won't have any more prompts.

If you want to delete it instead move "DigiClock" from the WBStartup system folder to wherever you want, in some cases if you need it you will have to click on it.

If you need more info in Italian about AROS One we can hear each other on Amigapage
Amiwell79Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 18 days ago
yes as deadwood says you have to select from GRUB 'native mode' your cards should be supported, then select the resolution most suitable for you on the preferences tool
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator
Users who participated in discussion: deadwood, AMIGASYSTEM, Amiwell79, Farox
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 10
Members Online 0

Total Members: 224
Newest Member: Zhule
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]