Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Monitor resolutions and refresh rate

Last updated on 2 months ago
BorniPIBorniPINewbie
Posted 2 months ago
Is there any possibility to set that parameters before ínstalling? I have some older Acer monitors here and both have problems with unsupported frequencies.
amigamiaamigamiaAdmin
Posted 2 months ago
Hello BorniPI,

Welcome to AROSWorld!

You should be able to select different resolution on the grub menu, right before AROS Starts loading up. I think the lowest resolution of 800x600 should be listed. You can, however, also edit the boot strings to whichever resolution you need. I am not sure if changing the freq. is possible but you can try.
Amiwell79Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 2 months ago
at boot time on grub select c 'command line' and type vbeinfo it will give you a list of supported resolutions in vesa afterwards press esc and return to the start screen select an entry at random not the first one and press e 'edit' and change the resolution parameters
Edited by Amiwell79 on 10-03-2024 11:44, 2 months ago
BorniPIBorniPINewbie
Posted 2 months ago

amigamia wrote:

@amigamia - Hello BorniPI,

Welcome to AROSWorld!

You should be able to select different resolution on the grub menu, right before AROS Starts loading up. I think the lowest resolution of 800x600 should be listed. You can, however, also edit the boot strings to whichever resolution you need. I am not sure if changing the freq. is possible but you can try.

Thank you.
I installed TinyAros, because AROSone made trouble with refresh rate frequencies. The only solution was installing Tiny AROS in VGA mode with 4bpp and then i made that step i used Boot in Prefs. Currently i am using 1600x900 60Hz. I have another Acer monitor that is 4:3 i would prefer to use. I'll try tomorrow. Unfortunately the computer i wanted to use, died. Currently i am using a Futro S300 and i am so surprised that AROS runs faster than the Linux that was installed previously.
BorniPIBorniPINewbie
Posted 2 months ago

Amiwell79 wrote:

@Amiwell79 - at boot time on grub select c 'command line' and type vbeinfo it will give you a list of supported resolutions in vesa afterwards press esc and return to the start screen select an entry at random not the first one and press e 'edit' and change the resolution parameters

That is some Linux knowledge i didn't know, thank you for the information.
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 2 months ago
Hi BorniPI, I didn't quite understand the problems with the update frequencies created by AROSone,

What Build did you download, can you provide the link ?, if you downloaded the new TynyAROS, it is the deadwood reference Buid, practically the same Core is included on AROS One, consequently there should be no compatibility differences.

Also from the AROS One Gub, via BootMenu you can access the "Earl Startup Control" where as on Amiga you will have available a Shel or Dopus4 and then edit the grub.cfg very easily.

BorniPIBorniPINewbie
Posted 2 months ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM - Hi BorniPI, I didn't quite understand the problems with the update frequencies created by AROSone,

What Build did you download, can you provide the link ?, if you downloaded the new TynyAROS, it is the deadwood reference Buid, practically the same Core is included on AROS One, consequently there should be no compatibility differences.

Also from the AROS One Gub, via BootMenu you can access the "Earl Startup Control" where as on Amiga you will have available a Shel or Dopus4 and then edit the grub.cfg very easily.

I think i got the problem now: "I did download a nightly build from March 8 2024 from sourceforge." Thank you for the video and your informations! In fact, I'm very grateful. There were so much informations the last two days, i was confused. Sorry it was my fault, i am suffering from longflu about 45 years.
J
Jeff1138Junior Member
Posted 2 months ago
Hi,

With older graphics cards you usually need to self edit, try e to edit at the grub screen and change settings to see what works and later use editor in AROS you can edit grub.cfg to have it there as a permanent choice when booting up

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Aros/User/Docs#Advice_for_various_machines
BorniPIBorniPINewbie
Posted 2 months ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM - Hi BorniPI, I didn't quite understand the problems with the update frequencies created by AROSone,

Nope, that was an one way, after i pressed enter in "Early Startup Control", i had the message from my LCD screen that frequency isn't supported. But thank you for the tip.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator
Users who participated in discussion: amigamia, AMIGASYSTEM, Amiwell79, Jeff1138, BorniPI
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 3
Members Online 0

Total Members: 224
Newest Member: Zhule
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]