Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Hello!

Last updated on 3 months ago
PuniPuniJunior Member
Posted 3 months ago
Hi everyone,

My name is Puni and I'm more or less new to AROS. During the weekend, I tried two distributions, AROS One and Tiny AROS, through VMware. I enjoyed the experience. Smile The first one was filled to the brim with interesting software, while the other was perfect if one wants to start from scratch. This week I'll be installing one of them (or possibly Icaros Light) to a dedicated laptop. I'm most likely to go with Tiny AROS, since I enjoy the experience of setting everything up myself. Time will show! I'm looking forward to spend time enjoying AROS and learning as I go over the coming months. Like

Have a good one!
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 3 months ago
Hi Puni and welcome to the forum, I am sure you will have fun with AROS, to improve the experience you do well to try all Distributions because in certain aspects they are different.

For example ICaros and TinyAROS use as "Workbench" the famous Dopus Magellan, AROS One instead is based on AROS native "Workbench" called Wanderer.
Amiwell79Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 3 months ago
hi Puni

Currently Tiny Aros is in Beta but it works properly compared to the previous build and less stable but you can use it I myself use it to make myself aware of the new builds released

you are welcome
mattson62mattson62Junior Member
Posted 3 months ago
hi Puni,Welcome to Aros!!I'm sure you will enjoy it and everyone here in the forum are very helpful and work very hard to make Aros better and better.I'm still learning Aros.I love Aros and these people are awesome doing something very special here!
Posted 3 months ago
thank you Mattson62Like
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 3 months ago
Hello Puni,

Welcome to the forums! If you have any questions, just ask - there are a lot of people here who are happy to help
R
retrofazaJunior Member
Posted 3 months ago
Hello Puni! I'm glad you're doing ports of demoscene stuff. I would be very happy if everything from Void would be natively on AROS too Smile Keep up the good workSmile
PuniPuniJunior Member
Posted 3 months ago
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the warm welcome! Smile

@retrofaza

Thanks! Much appreciated! Smile I will definitely get more Void productions over to AROS this year. Like The next issue of Feedback, which hopefully will be released after Revision 2024, will also support AROS. This one will have a new interface.
Posted 3 months ago
thank you Puni
pixiepixieJunior Member
Posted 3 months ago
https://youtu.be/...tJk0UDbHeI

Welcome to AROS World Puni!
PuniPuniJunior Member
Posted 3 months ago
Thanks, pixie! Smile
Posted 3 months ago
Hi Puni I have been testing your VoidFB8 and Void FB11 Music-Disks on AROs One v2.4 upcoming release, I would like to know if I am allowed to put your software on AROS One (path Extras/Music/MusicDisk), thanks.

In the meantime I have created Dual-PNG Icome with Glow for AROS One (4 Styles) and OS 4.1, see screenshots, if you want them to include them in the next releases I can also attach them here, possibly I can also create those for VoidFB14

www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/attachments/void.jpg
PuniPuniJunior Member
Posted 3 months ago

Hi Puni I have been testing your VoidFB8 and Void FB11 Music-Disks on AROs One v2.4 upcoming release, I would like to know if I am allowed to put your software on AROS One (path Extras/Music/MusicDisk), thanks.

In the meantime I have created Dual-PNG Icome with Glow for AROS One (4 Styles) and OS 4.1, see screenshots, if you want them to include them in the next releases I can also attach them here, possibly I can also create those for VoidFB14

You are welcome to include these in the upcoming release. Smile Thanks for asking and for adding them to the distribution!

Icons looks great! I'd definitely be interested in using them for the next Feedback! Like Cheers!
Edited by Puni on 08-02-2024 12:43, 3 months ago
Posted 3 months ago
I am attaching an Archive with the icons shown above, I have also added the Icons for "FB14"
AMIGASYSTEM attached the following file:
void-icons.zip [198.51kB / 56 Downloads]
PuniPuniJunior Member
Posted 3 months ago
Many thanks, AMIGASYSTEM! Just downloaded the icons. I am honored that you've included our music-disks in your distribution! Smile
Posted 3 months ago
Thank You Puni for you workSmile
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator
Users who participated in discussion: deadwood, AMIGASYSTEM, pixie, retrofaza, Amiwell79, mattson62, Puni
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 8
Members Online 0

Total Members: 224
Newest Member: Zhule
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]