Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Drivers for Broadcom 43xx cards

Last updated on 5 months ago
amigamiaamigamiaAdmin
Posted 5 months ago
Does anyone know if drivers for broadcom 43xx wireless cards are available for AROS? I have an HP Mini 1000 which workds great with AROS. Intel GMA and Audio are supported but wireless network is a Broadcom 4312.
Amiwell79Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 5 months ago
There is the option with the android phone to connect it and activate sharing as far as I understand it I may be wrong or change the wifi card to an atheros compatible one, Neil contributed to the porting of the broadcom 44xx drivers
Edited by Amiwell79 on 02-12-2023 19:06, 5 months ago
J
Jeff1138Junior Member
Posted 5 months ago
Hi,

Sadly, no. Most wireless need extra firmware which could cause usage issue(s), copyright, etc

HP Compaq usually lock their wifi cards so you might not be able to change the wifi card. It is one of the major reasons I avoid HP / Compaq for laptops now

As amiwell says usb tethering, very old usb ethernet dongle or very old usb wifi. Sorry only ones I can advise
Edited by Jeff1138 on 03-12-2023 01:57, 5 months ago
amigamiaamigamiaAdmin
Posted 5 months ago
Thank you for the details. I did know HP locked their wifi cards but I am not surprised. I have to try this USB tethering option next. Will report soon.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Users who participated in discussion: amigamia, Amiwell79, Jeff1138
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 4
Members Online 0

Total Members: 224
Newest Member: Zhule
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]