Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Threads with posts since last visit

Last updated on 9 months ago
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 9 months ago
Is there some way to see threads that had new posts since last visit as well as thread that had new posts but have not yet been "read"?
amigamiaamigamiaAdmin
Posted 9 months ago
Hi deadwood,

You should be able to see the threads that have new posts after you login. The main page will list the latest 7 threads and the ones you haven't read yet are usually marked with a red folder. Alternatively, you can click on "Latest Discussions" link located under "Discussion Forum" drop down menu from the top menu bar.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 9 months ago
Indeed after you replied I saw a red folder icon. Now it's an empty folder icon (just border). Other threads have full gray folder icons. What do they mean?

Also about second part of my question: if there a way to mark all unread thread/posts as read?
amigamiaamigamiaAdmin
Posted 9 months ago
I think the empty folder icon means that the thread is recent, that it was started in the past few weeks. It should change to a filled folder icon once more people post it, then it becomes a hot thread.

As for setting all threads as read, I am not sure if that is an option but I'll check and see if there is a way.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 9 months ago
Thanks for looking into this. Hopefully the software has these options. Another question that came to my mind is user groups/tagging. When I post, there is a "Member" tag on the right. You have "Admin" tag. On AROS-Exec I seem to be tagged "AROS Developer". Maybe it would make sense to make the "Member" group more fine grained and add these subgroups (like also "Distro mintainer"Wink, so that new people would get a basic sense who are they talking to.
amigamiaamigamiaAdmin
Posted 9 months ago
Send me a list you think should be setup and I'll see what I can do Smile
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 9 months ago
Here is my proposal based on reviewing current member's list. It's of course up to review / adjustment.
BTW, I seem to be already member of "Developers" groups, but this group is only visible when I display my profile. To make it actually valuable, in my opinion it should be shown in each post I make, either replacing the current "member/admin" box or next to it.

AROS Developers
deadwood
DizzyOfCRN

Software Developers
Ball000
MarcusF
saimon69
AmiDARK
BSzili
Allanon
serk118uk
ChrisH
salass00
cavemann
magorium

Distribution Maintainers
amiwell
nikos
paolone
AMIGASYSTEM
Amiwell79
Amiwell79Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 9 months ago
I tried to recover my password but failed and signed up as amiwell79
amigamiaamigamiaAdmin
Posted 9 months ago

deadwood wrote:

@deadwood - Thanks for looking into this. Hopefully the software has these options. Another question that came to my mind is user groups/tagging. When I post, there is a "Member" tag on the right. You have "Admin" tag. On AROS-Exec I seem to be tagged "AROS Developer". Maybe it would make sense to make the "Member" group more fine grained and add these subgroups (like also "Distro mintainer"Wink, so that new people would get a basic sense who are they talking to.

I looked into this and what you see in the forums is none other than "Forum ranks" and are based on the number of posts a user performs on these forums. I can create more but that does not reflect the correct status. I did create the groups you mentioned but those are more for Security. The are used for providing access to different parts of the CMS site I use. For example, if I create a section to manage files in the Downloads that is for AROS developers only, I can leverage these security groups for R/W access, while giving only R to all members.

At this time I am not sure how to use them but with time I am sure we'll find something to do with them
amigamia attached the following image:
screen_shot_2023-08-06_at_82447_am.png
amigamiaamigamiaAdmin
Posted 9 months ago
While checking the options, I think I figured out how to map the Forum Ranks to the security groups. You should see the tag next to your name as "AROS Devs" now. It's a bit convoluted if you ask me but it can be done. I'll start populating them as you suggested.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 9 months ago
Yes, I can see it - that's great! Thank you very much Smile
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator
Users who participated in discussion: amigamia, deadwood, Amiwell79
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 6
Members Online 0

Total Members: 224
Newest Member: Zhule
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]