Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

About the distros

Last updated on 3 years ago
C
cavemannSoftware Dev
Posted 3 years ago
I disagree about the Broadway distro (mentioned on the home page). It's not really maintained, and that's the problem. It has very old system files, which is not helpful for newbies. I would not recommend Broadway to anyone, unless they update the system files.

AspireOS could use an update too. Deadwood has recently back ported newer system files. But AspireOS is not nearly as far behind as Broadway. And although AspireOS was originally for the Aspire notebook, it will also work with similar notebooks. So you might give it a try, before passing on it.

There is also a very nice distro called AROS One. With a version for x86 and a version for 68k. Both versions are very artistic and look great in my opinion.

Of course, there is only one distro that comes with tons of AROS-x86 software, and that's Icaros. Some people have a hard time getting Icaros to run properly, but there is a manual that should explain how to do things.

AROS Vision comes with lots of 68k apps. I don't use 68k much, so I shouldn't comment. But 68k users should definitely try it out.

Good Luck, which ever you may choose. Smile
Edited by cavemann on 24-05-2021 14:15, 3 years ago
amigamiaamigamiaAdmin
Posted 3 years ago
Great points there Cavemann. I will re-word the list of distros in the introduction, even though no one really comes here anymore.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Users who participated in discussion: cavemann, amigamia
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 10
Members Online 0

Total Members: 216
Newest Member: Farox
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]