Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

GemRB 0.8.8

Last updated on 7 hours ago
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 7 hours ago
Thanks a lot!

I tested it and ran into an issue. I attach test script that I use for i386 testing and I'd assume it should work on x86_64 as well. However there is message in console about unitialized value and then there is a crash. Seems to me that a file descriptor is NULL?

I attached the script and error. To run the script:

Open shell, cd to directory, start "sh", ./test-configure.sh
Edited by deadwood on 23-10-2024 10:31, 7 hours ago
You do not have access to view attachments
D
DeremonJunior Member
Posted 8 hours ago
@deadwood
Hi,
as promised I've compiled Perl5 for abiv11 x86_64, although it is not yet a newer version.
Compiling the "old" version is still (very) tricky, using diff from contrib helps somewhat but is not working out of the box also you need to copy out the compiled miniperl + libs in the middle of the compilation, let make trow the error and remake it cause it searches miniperl in the final directory not in the current one...
I'm also trying to track down the "configure freeze issue" I think can be related to the use of /dev/null redirection in the configure script, I've to find a reproducible test case

Here is the link, if it's ok I'll include the "new" diff file and upload it to aros archives Smile

https://drive.goo...sp=sharing
Edited by Deremon on 23-10-2024 09:35, 8 hours ago
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 19 days ago

Deremon wrote:

@Deremon (I'm thinking to try a more recent version though)

Even better Like
D
DeremonJunior Member
Posted 19 days ago

deadwood wrote:

@deadwood - @Deremon

I integrated python into my native toolchain tests and it works as expected. Thank you!

Would you be able to compile perl as well? This would then bring the native x86_64 toolchain inline with i386.

You're welcome
I was already thinking about that Smile (I'm thinking to try a more recent version though)
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 20 days ago
@Deremon

I integrated python into my native toolchain tests and it works as expected. Thank you!

Would you be able to compile perl as well? This would then bring the native x86_64 toolchain inline with i386.
Argo, Deremon, retrofaza
A
Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 21 days ago
but with this version of python you can take a blender release
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 22 days ago
Wow, great news on 64-bit release and with python, native toolchain will become better Like
D
DeremonJunior Member
Posted 22 days ago
I will pack the engine soon for the aros archives
I would like to take this opportunity to announce that I will release also the GemRB version 0.8.8 for x86_64 ABIv11 alongside with python 2.5.2 x86_64 ABIv11 Smile
Edited by Deremon on 01-10-2024 09:59, 22 days ago
retrofaza, mmartinka
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 26 days ago
Planescape Torment: GemRB For AROS One X86, for Italian users, can be localised in Italian, see video Smile

https://youtu.be/...
Posted 26 days ago
Perfect GemRB works perfectly on AROS, I used a pre-installation on XP, to make it work thanks to Deremon's suggestions I created two separate folders one for the game data and one for the engine, then ran it from the Workbench icon !

Very nice graphics, sound and graphics !

www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/attachments/torment.jpg
Deremon, retrofaza, miker1264
Posted 28 days ago

Deremon wrote:

@Deremon
Planescape Torment from 1999 this one -> https://en.wikipe...3A_Torment

OK thank you that was what I was working on !

Farox wrote:

@Farox
Unshield is only for "ISC" CAB (most probably ISC stand for Install Shield CACool

Yes, but there are also other acronyms such as "MSZIP", which you can recognise by analysing them with a hexadecimal editor.

https://en.wikipe...le_format)

The Aronym can be found at the beginning of the file, which is what I use in the Datatypes Descriptors to make Wanderer and Dopus4 recognise a file without extension Smile

However, as soon as I have time I'll create Datatypes Descriptors for both .CABs, which will then be recognised by both Wanderer and Dopus4 separately and associated one with "Unshield" and the other with "Cabextract".

For those using "MSZIP" I first have to find a CAB that uses it and see which tool unzips it!
Edited by AMIGASYSTEM on 27-09-2024 13:29, 26 days ago
D
DeremonJunior Member
Posted 28 days ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM - Thanks Farox, Unshield unzips the game's .CAB "ISC" well, but does not support the Standard .CAB "MSCF" that WinRAR, 7Zip normally unzip.

On AROS One, however, there is "Cabextract" which conversely unzips .CAB Standard "MSCF", but does not support .CAB "ISC".

In any case, it is complicated to assemble the various unzipped files and folders for the game, so to make it easier, it is best to do a Windows installation of the game and then use them for porting.

---- Italiano ---

Grazie Farox, Unshield scompatta bene i .CAB "ISC" del gioco, ma non supporta i .CAB Standard "MSCF" che normalmente scompattano WinRAR, 7Zip.

Su AROS One però c'è "Cabextract" che al contrario scompatta .CAB Standard "MSCF", ma non supporta i .CAB "ISC"

In ogni caso per il Gioco è complicati assemblare i vari file e cartelle scompattate, per facilitare l'operazione è meglio fare una insllazione del gioco su Windows e poi Usarli per il porting

Yes that was my strategy, install it on another OS (win or linux doesn't matter) and then "save" the complete clean install directories, so in the future I don't have to do this again Smile

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM - Deremon, is the game Torment 1 or 2 ?

I tried to unpack the .cabs of Torment 1, they can't be extracted with WinRAR, 7Zip etc.., because they are not in the CAB Standard "MSCF" format, but those with "ISC" acronym that only a very old Windows program called "WinPack" can do it, and it works well only WinXP, with Win7 64Bit I had a bit of difficulty to unpack.

I unpacked the CABs but there are so many folders and files where you don't know exactly where to copy them, in your screenshot you can't see them.

The only method remains that of installing the game on an old PC-Windows OS or Wine on Linux and then taking the installed data.

---- Italiano ---

Deremon, il gioco è Torment 1 o 2 ?

Ho provato a scompattare i .cab di Torment 1, non si possono estrarre con WinRAR, 7Zip etc.., perchè non sono nel formato CAB Standard "MSCF", ma quelli con Acrinimo "ISC" che solo un vecchissimo programma Windows di nome "WinPack" può farlo, e funziona bene solo WinXP, con Win7 64Bit ho avuto un po' di difficolta a scompattare.

Ho scompattato i CAB ma ci sono tante cartelle e file dove non si sa di preciso dove copiarli, nel tuo screenshot non si vedono.

Unico metodo resta quella della installazione del gioco su un vecchio OS PC-Windows o Wine su Linux epoi prendere i dati installati.

Planescape Torment from 1999 this one -> https://en.wikipe...3A_Torment
Edited by Deremon on 25-09-2024 15:34, 28 days ago
F
FaroxMember
Posted 28 days ago
@AMIGASYSTEM
Unshield is only for "ISC" CAB (most probably ISC stand for Install Shield CACool and is the tool adviced on GemRB site
There is a guide here https://github.com/gemrb/gemrb/wiki/Unshield:-alternative-game-install-method

Attached here is a screenshot of directory of my installation of BG2 from GOG.
I have a directory on my USB key with "games" and subdirectory
bg1
bg1demo
bg2
bg2demo
Posted 28 days ago
Thanks Farox, Unshield unzips the game's .CAB "ISC" well, but does not support the Standard .CAB "MSCF" that WinRAR, 7Zip normally unzip.

On AROS One, however, there is "Cabextract" which conversely unzips .CAB Standard "MSCF", but does not support .CAB "ISC".

In any case, it is complicated to assemble the various unzipped files and folders for the game, so to make it easier, it is best to do a Windows installation of the game and then use them for porting.

---- Italiano ---

Grazie Farox, Unshield scompatta bene i .CAB "ISC" del gioco, ma non supporta i .CAB Standard "MSCF" che normalmente scompattano WinRAR, 7Zip.

Su AROS One però c'è "Cabextract" che al contrario scompatta .CAB Standard "MSCF", ma non supporta i .CAB "ISC"

In ogni caso per il Gioco è complicati assemblare i vari file e cartelle scompattate, per facilitare l'operazione è meglio fare una insllazione del gioco su Windows e poi Usarli per il porting
F
FaroxMember
Posted 28 days ago
@AMIGASYSTEM
I have compiled Unshield for Aros...but tested only with an example CAB file (and it worked).
I attached here the program...please test it, and if it work good...i'll publish

Unshield (from https://github.com/twogood/unshield ) is a Tool and library to extract CAB files from InstallShield installers

Try unshield -d <directory where to unpack> x <file cab to extract>
Edited by Farox on 25-09-2024 13:09, 28 days ago
Posted 28 days ago
Deremon, is the game Torment 1 or 2 ?

I tried to unpack the .cabs of Torment 1, they can't be extracted with WinRAR, 7Zip etc.., because they are not in the CAB Standard "MSCF" format, but those with "ISC" acronym that only a very old Windows program called "WinPack" can do it, and it works well only WinXP, with Win7 64Bit I had a bit of difficulty to unpack.

I unpacked the CABs but there are so many folders and files where you don't know exactly where to copy them, in your screenshot you can't see them.

The only method remains that of installing the game on an old PC-Windows OS or Wine on Linux and then taking the installed data.

---- Italiano ---

Deremon, il gioco è Torment 1 o 2 ?

Ho provato a scompattare i .cab di Torment 1, non si possono estrarre con WinRAR, 7Zip etc.., perchè non sono nel formato CAB Standard "MSCF", ma quelli con Acrinimo "ISC" che solo un vecchissimo programma Windows di nome "WinPack" può farlo, e funziona bene solo WinXP, con Win7 64Bit ho avuto un po' di difficolta a scompattare.

Ho scompattato i CAB ma ci sono tante cartelle e file dove non si sa di preciso dove copiarli, nel tuo screenshot non si vedono.

Unico metodo resta quella della installazione del gioco su un vecchio OS PC-Windows o Wine su Linux epoi prendere i dati installati.
F
FaroxMember
Posted 28 days ago
I was in contact with @Deremon and have (little) tested his good work on GemRB.
On my PC i use an USB key with the system (SFS formatted obviously) and another one (a micro SD-Card actually, in another USB port) where i test all my ports/recompilation and FAT32 formatted.

Here running directly (as stated by Deremon) won't work because (i think, but i may be wrong) did not find the Python interpreter, it needs to be installed where it could find Python (could it be in RAM: or in a directory on the system). Since i don't like to install too much stuff on the system...i ask ...could it be possible to let see Python on an external drive? In this manner we could have the GemRB and the games datas all in an external FAT32 drive.
A
Posted 28 days ago
Torment 1999 game is very good game thank you Deremon for this engineSmile
A
Posted 28 days ago
Many thanks for porting DeremonSmile
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 28 days ago
Ok, got it.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Users who participated in discussion: deadwood, AMIGASYSTEM, Amiwell79, Farox, Deremon
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 22
Members Online 1
CoolCat5000

Total Members: 260
Newest Member: denugan
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]