Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Odyssey Web Browser 32-bit

Last updated on 15 days ago
A
Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 22 days ago
dropbox tells me I cannot access the necessary cookies
A
Posted 22 days ago
if I log into my google account it gives me cookie problems
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 22 days ago
Can you attach screen shot of your problem with dropbox?
A
Posted 22 days ago
the page is visible only it tells me that it does not load essential cookies I cannot take a screenshot because then the message disappears immediately, as far as google is concerned just try to log in and it directs you to the page of problems encountered by the browser in use
L
lmNewbie
Posted 22 days ago
@deadwood:

The problem is that the browser does not save cookies on the hard disk, apparently.

Go to any aite that accepts cookies, and see for yourself (open the cookie window manager , for example) and see zero cookies.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 22 days ago
It's not that simple. It actually saves cookies in certain cases - I'm able to log into arosworld.org for example.

As for cookie window manager, this window is currently broken and that's why you don't see any cookies there.
A
Posted 22 days ago
amigapage
amiga-news.de
arosworld
aminet
archives
imcreator web site builder
imagebb
adrive cloud

all works and also with 1.26 of OWB
Edited by Amiwell79 on 27-08-2024 08:43, 22 days ago
A
Posted 21 days ago
in view of the fact that owb has access to certain sites, perhaps the problem lies with the browser and we have to wait for another update of the webkit engine, otherwise there would be no point
A
Posted 21 days ago
I could be wrong about this, but cookies are also loaded in dropbox, some are loaded and some are essential, but not in my opinion it is the engine that works for some sites and others do not
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 21 days ago
The problem is related with cookies which are being set/read from Java Script. I'm working on solution right now.
A
Posted 21 days ago
i understood i thought it was a browser-related problem since some sites worked thanks deadwood.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 20 days ago

ntromans wrote:

@ntromans - Just found bbc.co.uk/news does not render as well as under the old owb - text is overwritten and page rendering is much slower

Can you make me a screen shot showing how it renders with 1.26 and how it renders with 2.0? I'm getting a crash when trying to access it with 1.26
A
Posted 20 days ago
i entered the site with the first version of odyssey 1.26 which is on archives the page is displayed correctly only if you go to the bottom some images are not displayed i am using this version on atom cpu
Edited by Amiwell79 on 28-08-2024 12:44, 20 days ago
You do not have access to view attachments
A
Posted 20 days ago
I didn't have time to take a screenshot on odyssey 2.0 because then the page is redirected to another site, it seems to me to be the main bbc site anyway it doesn't show correctly
A
Posted 20 days ago
I succeeded with the phone
N
ntromansMember
Posted 20 days ago

deadwood wrote:

@deadwood

Can you make me a screen shot showing how it renders with 1.26 and how it renders with 2.0? I'm getting a crash when trying to access it with 1.26

Please see attached below. I've also included a recent error that came up - this was on a Google search page.

Cheers,
Nigel.
Edited by ntromans on 28-08-2024 18:08, 20 days ago
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 20 days ago
@ntromans

I do see bad rendering but then I'm getting redirected to some plainer looking site. Are you using spoofing on that site?

I also took note of your crash and added to TODO.

Last but not least, thank you for your donation. Smile
N
ntromansMember
Posted 19 days ago

deadwood wrote:

@deadwood - @ntromans

I do see bad rendering but then I'm getting redirected to some plainer looking site. Are you using spoofing on that site?

I also took note of your crash and added to TODO.

Last but not least, thank you for your donation. Smile

No spoofing for either version of the browser. It might be something to do with your viewing outside the Uk and my viewing inside it; the BBC is fussy about where you view from for iPlayer so maybe this extends to their website too.

My pleasure for the domation, I was able to say for the funds to Jace that it was for the donation of code to OWB 2.0.

Cheers,
Nigel.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 19 days ago
This is the original development thread for Wayfarer:

https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=12823&forum=9

I think I remember BBC being mentioned in that thread with having some problems, but you'd have to check for yourself if you are interested.
N
ntromansMember
Posted 19 days ago
After closing OWB 2.0 settings the bottom bar goes a bit odd - please see attached.

Cheers,
Nigel.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Users who participated in discussion: nikos, deadwood, AMIGASYSTEM, pixie, ntromans, Amiwell79, miker1264, Ilbarbax, Gundam2, lm
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 3
Members Online 0

Total Members: 254
Newest Member: GDroid
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]