Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Odyssey Web Browser 32-bit

Last updated on 47 minutes ago
serk118ukserk118ukSoftware Dev
Posted 6 hours ago
i.postimg.cc/xTqyCLx1/20241023-160539.jpg
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 6 hours ago
It looks like you are still using Odyssey 1.26 - please try the RC build of Odyssey 2.0 that I posted a couple of posts back. Please unpack the archive AS-IS to a new directory without adding any of the existing configurations from Odyssey 1.26.
Edited by deadwood on 23-10-2024 11:10, 6 hours ago
Posted 5 hours ago
Sorry I run wrong owb, below is the right one,

No crash or freezing but video still not playing, I can move the owb window but soo slow , 2nd video showing the wanderer refreshing as I move the owb window and also entire arosos is very slow after pressing play button of youtube
Edited by serk118uk on 23-10-2024 12:24, 5 hours ago
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 5 hours ago
serk, yesterday I created a small Build for Amiwell79, where I included only OWB 2.0, Youtube also works from the Live CD without installing anything, try it and see if youtube works on your PC.

If you have trouble booting the ISO I can create a USB Image

In the preferences OWB iPhone spoofing is set, which is the fastest!

Start OWB, and search for a video from the search engine (DuckDuckGo) and then click on the hyperlink, this way the video should start after a few seconds!

https://drive.goo...o5vF6/view
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 5 hours ago
@serk118uk

Ok, I think we are getting somewhere. Obiously the system and browser are alive - otherwise you'd not be able to show the About window.

The key question for me is: Does the slowness start when you visit the thread with embedded video OR only after you click "play" on embedded video?
Posted 4 hours ago
You can feel slight slowdown once you entered a forum with embedded YouTube as you scroll down near video is but actual slow down starts when you hit the play button..
N
ntromansMember
Posted 3 hours ago
I've just tried the RC on my Samsung n130. For reference, it's atom based (1.6 GHz), 2 GB ram, IntelGMA graphics. Spoofing as iPhone I can go to m.youtube.com, browse & seach for videos and play videos; inndeed they play really quite smoothly now (at 360p).

One point; I'm still running AROSOne 2.5, I haven't yet found time to go to 2.6. Could that be making a difference?

I haven't tried on the eeePC yet, but that is 'just'* 900 MHz, so it could simply be a lack of horsepower there.

Again, I must say for overall browsing experience OWB 2.0 is absolutely amazing. Notwithstanding the benchmarking tests last week, in everyday use even on the Samsung it's really usable, and in fact it's easily holding it's own again my work supplied Celeron based Windows laptop.

Many thanks again,
Nigel.

* 'just' is relative of course; if compared to a 7 MHz A500...
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 3 hours ago
@serk118uk

Ok, that gives me a lead! Another question: is audio working correctly on your machine? Can you play video and audio files in MPlayer? Can you make me a screen shot of your AHI Preferences?
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 3 hours ago
@ntromans

It's great to hear that Odyssey 2.0 meets your needs! Thanks for the feedback.

Hmm, I wasn't aware that eeePC is only 900Mhz, this can be a problem for JS.
N
ntromansMember
Posted 2 hours ago
Just tried the eeePC. On the m.youtube page the 'ghosted' frames appeared but then no apparent further activity, despite waiting some minutes. Following Amigasystem's suggestion, I searched for a video and played it directly from the link. It did play! A little stuttery every 10 s or so but actually not too bad.

The one problem was that it didn't resume after the advert break. I tried rewinding back a few seconds and it did briefly restart but then went back to the inital still frame a refused to play again until I reloaded the page.

Cheers,
Nigel.

P.S. the eeePC isw also running AROSOne 2.5, 1 GB memory as previously mentioned and intelGMA graphics..
Posted 47 minutes ago
AHI
i.postimg.cc/TYmQCgRR/20241023-203940.jpg

Mplayer in action
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 10
Members Online 0

Total Members: 260
Newest Member: denugan
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]