Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Odyssey Web Browser 32-bit

Last updated on 21 minutes ago
N
ntromansMember
Posted 10 days ago
Sorry, just hit the attched error looking at www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=27637&start=125

Nigel
You do not have access to view attachments
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 10 days ago
What error ntromans? I access that forum without getting any errors!

What should I do to make the error appear?
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 10 days ago
I'm also not getting this error on that page, this might be some random memory damage. If you start seeing it more often, do let me know.
N
ntromansMember
Posted 10 days ago
So posibly a memory problem with the machine? OK, I'll see what pops up as I use further.

Cheers,
Nigel.
A
Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 10 days ago
thank you Deadwood for AllSmile
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 10 days ago

ntromans wrote:

@ntromans - So posibly a memory problem with the machine? OK, I'll see what pops up as I use further.

Cheers,
Nigel.

Not with machine, just some bug overwriting random memory.
N
ntromansMember
Posted 10 days ago
Ah, OK. I'll keep a record of any odd behaviour. Overall though as mentioned very fast and very capable.

Cheers,
Nigel.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 10 days ago
New buid:

https://axrt.org/development/owb/i386/OWB_2.0-20241006.zip

Downloading, retrying and resuming of download should be fixed now, please test.
retrofaza, miker1264
A
Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 10 days ago
works deadwood
N
ntromansMember
Posted 10 days ago
I've just tried a download and a download/abort/resume - all looks to have worked fine, thak you :-)

Cheers,
Nigel.
Posted 10 days ago
deadwood, outstanding, tested on AmigaRemix, automatic download and play with MPlayer works perfectly, even if I do several downloads at once!

I could not access this attached link, I only see a black screen!

https://music.you...
You do not have access to view attachments
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 9 days ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM

I could not access this attached link, I only see a black screen!

https://music.you...

Same here. It might require a newer engine or maybe some user agent spoofing will work?
Posted 9 days ago

deadwood wrote:

@deadwood

Same here. It might require a newer engine or maybe some user agent spoofing will work?

Tried other agent spoofing, with none is that link accessed, with some such as Firefox and Internet Explore a request warns that the browser must be updated !
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 9 days ago
There was a problem with wrong date being shown in JS. Please install this library to hopefully fix it:

https://axrt.org/development/owb/i386/stdlib.library.20241007.zip
Amiwell79, miker1264
N
ntromansMember
Posted 9 days ago

deadwood wrote:

@deadwood - There was a problem with wrong date being shown in JS. Please install this library to hopefully fix it:

https://axrt.org/development/owb/i386/stdlib.library.20241007.zip

Just tried this with the college register page and the date is now correct - many thanks again!

Cheers,
Nigel.
Posted 9 days ago

deadwood wrote:

@deadwood

Yes, I think so too, in fact on my e-mail providers, I do not log in, on one after logging in it tries to log in but cannot display the page, on the second on logging in it tells me to update the browser, this one:

https://webmail.a...php?logout
J
jmaNewbie
Posted 8 days ago
@deadwood:

When closing a "side panel" (history or bookmarks), the browser window gets shrinked upwards.

The "Find bar" that appears at the bottom, does NOT have a "close" button, so it remains visible even when it's not needed.

The "Network activity" window shows nothing.

When copying a selected text to the clipboard, by pressing RAmiga-C, no text is copied to the clipboard.

Also, contextual menu (and presumably, also adding new custom entries) is broken.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 8 days ago
@jma

Thanks for the report.

Network activity and context menus were broken due to engine update and are not goint to be fixed in OWB 2.0. It the probably makes sense to hide these options to avoid confusion.

For copying text, Menu->Edit->Copy seems to work. I see if I can make RAmiga+C work. The reports on side bar and find bar I added to TODO list.
J
jmaNewbie
Posted 8 days ago

deadwood wrote:

@deadwood - @jma

... context menus were broken due to engine update and are not goint to be fixed in OWB 2.0. It the probably makes sense to hide these options to avoid confusion.

Whats the problem exactly ? Can't you take the code from Wayfarer ?

A contextual menu can be useful; for example, under IBrowse (on OS3), I added a custom entry, which calls an arexx script to do a "read view" of current page.
It would be nice to do the same thing on Aros in OWB.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 8 days ago
It's not so much a question of technical challange, rather then question of time and priorities.

Also keep in mind that when WebKit used in Odyssey reaches the same level as used in Wayfarer, it will be much simpler to bring back those function - today Odyssey's engine is still 1,5 years behing Wayfarer 1.x. Alternative of course is that another developer joins in and does the needed work if he is interested.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 15
Members Online 0

Total Members: 259
Newest Member: jma
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]