Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Odyssey Web Browser 32-bit

Last updated on 18 minutes ago
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 25 days ago
And here it is!

https://axrt.org/...240921.zip

I was able to port media player codes from Wayfarer 1.21 into OWB (which has an older code base then Wayfarer). This means playing videos on YT is now possible. It's also possible that videos on other sites will play as well, but I didn't test them.

Be sure to update librararies if you haven't done so (check previous posts). As for playback, it still has some hickups and choppines as well as seeking isn't working in all cases. There is no acceleration when playing so it's best to leave whole CPU to playback. Additinally there are memory leaks, so you need to close browser after a few videos. Lastly, it's best to clean your cache before installing this update (PROGDIR:Cache, PROGIDR:conf/Cache, PROGDIR:conf/LocalStorage)

Enjoy!
retrofaza, Argo, Farox, aha
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 25 days ago
deadwood the YouTube videos work fine, the links from the Forums do not work even the direct links on the video (video window open on the forum).

I have however encountered a Guru when I click play button on the video, the video still works.

Also noticed that a second Cache folder is created in the main folder, it is not full of files but only references to open links.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 25 days ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM - the links from the Forums do not work even the direct links on the video (video window open on the forum).

What do you mean by that?
Posted 25 days ago
Like the two videos you see in this link:

https://www.plagi...l-passato/
N
ntromansMember
Posted 24 days ago
Many thanks for the new release, but I'm afraid I'm getting an error as soon as I try to play a YouTuve video; please see attached. The video continues to play for a few seconds after the error and then freezes This is on a Core i5 machine.

Sorry,
Nigel.
You do not have access to view attachments
Posted 24 days ago
My Guru is different, I used VMware, the video goes on me, this is my Guru see screenshot !
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 24 days ago
It has to be something related to native. I haven't seen this error while testing on hosted. Can you describe the hardware you are using: CPU, RAM, Audio, Video.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 24 days ago
Also, is this specific guru (privilege violation) happening only when watching videos or also during normal webpage browsing?
N
ntromansMember
Posted 23 days ago
Apologies for not replying earlier, I came down with a cold on Sunday and didn't feel like doing much except sleeping until now. I haven't tried any general browsing with the new release yet, but I will be testing this from now on.

I've attached the output from PCITool. The processor is a Core i5-3320M at 2.60 GHz with 2 GB ram. It's VESA graphics, hdaudio and realtek8180 wifi dongle driver.

I hope this helps; I'll download the new rlease to my Samsung atom machine and see what that does.

Thanks,
Nigel.
N
ntromansMember
Posted 23 days ago
Apologies for not replying earlier, I came down with a cold on Sunday and didn't feel like doing much except sleeping until now. I haven't tried any general browsing with the new release yet, but I will be testing this from now on.

I've attached the output from PCITool. It's on a HP EliteBook laptop; the processor is a Core i5-3320M at 2.60 GHz with 2 GB ram. It's VESA graphics, hdaudio and realtek8180 wifi dongle driver.

I hope this helps; I'll download the new rlease to my Samsung atom machine and see what that does.

Thanks,
Nigel.

Edit: sorry, re-attached the PCITool zip when I edited not realising the first one was still there - both copies are the same.
Edited by ntromans on 23-09-2024 12:42, 23 days ago
N
ntromansMember
Posted 23 days ago
I just tried my Samsung netbook with a similar reuit (please see attached). I've attahced it's PCITool log. CPU here is an Atom N270 at 1.6 GHz with 2 GB ram. Graphicds are native IntelGMA, audio is HDaudio and network is via atheros5000.device.

One thing I noticed here is after the error popped up (immediately after starting the video) I lost picture but the audio track continued. Iwas able to close OWB with the error requester still open, suspend the error and then re-start the browser.

Agan, I hope this helps,
Thanks,
Nigel.
Posted 23 days ago
I experienced the same guru on Aspire One One z5 after pressing Play, youtube even if slowly worked on Aspire One One z5 even with 1GB Ram !
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 23 days ago
Ok, let me see if I can reproduce this on VirtualBox setup.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 22 days ago
Please try this version:

https://axrt.org/...240924.zip

Crash at start of playing should be fixed. Additionally I disabled Media Source support for now. This means you will be limited to 360p videos only. If I can stabilize Media Source support, I will turn it back on.
N
ntromansMember
Posted 22 days ago
Sorry for changing this reply - I was having some strange problems on my i5 laptop with the new OWB and SSL certificates not being accepted. It turned out that for some reason the real-time clock had reset to 1980 and once corrected the issues with SSL dissapeared. Wierd...

OK, so I've tired the new release on both my Samsung (atom) and i5 and a Youtube video plays without a crash Smile Howver, the playback is rather jerky and the fram rate looks to be a bit low especially on the Samsung - is this as expected?

Cheers,
Nigel.
Posted 22 days ago
deadwood perfect, the Guru on the Youtube punsante is no longer there, on WMware it's a bit slow, the Youtube page includes too many previews.

I only had one Guru, playing with the external Payer, the one you see in the screenshot (right window), then reloading OWB I no longer had the Guru, if it shows up again I'll take a screenshot!
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 21 days ago
@ntromans

Glad to hear SSL issues are resolved. With regards to playback speed, yes right now it is expected that video is choppy. At some point I will look into optimizations, but I doubt much can be done for Atom. WebKit dropped support for JavaScript JIT on 32-bit architectures, so whole JavaScript is now interpretted instead of compiled which becomes visible on heavy pages like YT (what AMIGASYSTEM also reported).

As I see above, you are using VESA on your i5 - this will be another bootlenck unfortunatelly. Is 2.0 slower with playback on your i5 than 1.26 was?
N
ntromansMember
Posted 21 days ago
Thanks for the infomation. Shame about the JIT but obviously nothing to be done about it. For the i5, it's only this year I've been running AROS on it (prior to the upates of the last three years USB didn't work on it) so I didn't try it back when 1.26 could play Youtube videos.

Cheers,
Nigel.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 20 days ago

ntromans wrote:

@ntromans - Thanks for the infomation. Shame about the JIT but obviously nothing to be done about it.

It actually underlines the need to migrate to 64-bits. WebKit has JIT on x86_64 and 64-bit ARM. However even without JIT, videos playing on 64-bit OWB are less choppy than on 32-bit and browser feels more performant in general on 64-bits.
Argo, miker1264, terminills
N
ntromansMember
Posted 20 days ago
Hit another crash I'm afraid. This was when tyring to access a site which pops up the authentification requester (username and password). Before the requester appeared the attached error occured. The requester did pop up cirrectly for 1.26.

Sorry,
Nigel.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 12
Members Online 0

Total Members: 259
Newest Member: jma
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]