Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Possible Wayfarer port - pledges

Last updated on 1 month ago
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 2 months ago
Hi All,

I'm part of early stage feasibility of porting Wayfarer to AROS. As we are discussing, a topic of size of bounty (money) came up. To see where we stand in this, I'd like to ask you to make pledges on how much you could donate to the bounty that would see Wayfarer running on AROS.

Please note - I'm not asking you to make any money transfers at this moment, only pledge how much would you be willing to contribute to the bounty. Pledges however should be realistic - the amount you could transfer let's say within a month of getting notice/start of bounty.

I won't reveal the amounts being discussed for the port, but you should assume they are well above $1000 (see the original OWB bounty for some perspective), so every pledge counts.
A
Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 2 months ago
Hello Deadwood

if you can give me a month I should have the availability of 500 or 1000 euros I'll let you know by the end of August at the earliest

Thank you for everythingSmile
mmartinka, miker1264
M
miker1264Software Dev
Posted 2 months ago
I could pledge $100 USD at the beginning and maybe $100 more a few weeks later. I'm only working part-time.
D
DeremonJunior Member
Posted 2 months ago
Hi Deadwood
I can donate between 100 and 200 bucks at the moment
Just a question this will be a "one shot" port or is there the possibility to have some sort of pipeline to autocompile future releases?

Thanks!
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 2 months ago
Included in the bounty would be 2 years of keeping AROS version on par with MorphOS version, so if during these two years there is a new MorphOS version, a new AROS version would be there as well. If there is no new MorphOS version, there would not be any new AROS version.
Argo, miker1264, Amiwell79
N
ntromansMember
Posted 2 months ago
I'll happily put in £100. Good to see two years of updates are included, I guess further arrangements would be needed beyond that.

Cheers,
Nigel.
pikewerferpikewerferJunior Member
Posted 2 months ago
I would also pledge 200 EUR to this endeavor.
N
ntromansMember
Posted 2 months ago
If needed I could match 200 euros.

Cheers,
Nigel.
Edited by ntromans on 17-07-2024 08:24, 2 months ago
amigamiaamigamiaAdmin
Posted 2 months ago
$100
A
Posted 2 months ago
excellent two-year update this is importantLike
TemplarioTemplarioJunior Member
Posted 2 months ago
I have a question about why, have you asked if the Wayfarer translators agree with their translations appearing in the port?
A
Posted 2 months ago
Templario I don't know if MorphOS users have translations into other languages maybe yes
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 2 months ago
Wayfarer uses catalogues and can be localised in any language, at the moment there are already Italian, German, Spanish, French, Polish, Swedish, Finnish and Turkish catalogues.
TemplarioTemplarioJunior Member
Posted 2 months ago

Amiwell79 wrote:

@Amiwell79 - Templario I don't know if MorphOS users have translations into other languages maybe yes

Yes, there are several translations, only is to avoid misunderstandings, with the translators from MorphOS, because sometimes the people see this hobby of a different way....
A
Posted 2 months ago
for me it's not just a hobby I only use aros at the moment and have no interest in other OS and what they may offer
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 1 month ago
Thanks everyone who made a pledge - this is appreciated. As it stands now the pledge sums up to between $1100 and $1900. This is unfortunatelly around 10% - 15% of required money. With this, the preparation development work is put on hold until more sponsors can be found or a developer steps in to do part of the work which would then lower total cost.
A
Posted 1 month ago
ok deadwood
A
Posted 1 month ago
Deadwood to reach 100% how much money is missing
A
Posted 1 month ago
maybe there will be some good news from me stay tunedSmile
N
ntromansMember
Posted 1 month ago

deadwood wrote:

@deadwood - Thanks everyone who made a pledge - this is appreciated. As it stands now the pledge sums up to between $1100 and $1900. This is unfortunatelly around 10% - 15% of required money. With this, the preparation development work is put on hold until more sponsors can be found or a developer steps in to do part of the work which would then lower total cost.

Ouch, a $10000+ bounty is pretty steep. Is it worth putting the request for pledges on somewhere like Amigaword to see if there's any interest from a wider audience? Even then It's unfortunately hard to see that much being raised.

Cheers,
Nigel.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 5
Members Online 0

Total Members: 251
Newest Member: SwedishJohan
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]