Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Irritating bug of the month - April 2024

Last updated on 4 days ago

Poll: IBOTM - April 2024

#140 (Wanderer: Changing the disk label does not work) [1/19]5 %
    #125 (You can access a drawer icon even if the directory assigned to it does not exist) [5/19]26 %
    #120 (Incorrect Leave Out and Put away behavior if it involves icons from USB flash drive) [0/19]0 %
    #116 (Wanderer: Allow deleting by pressing Del key) [8/19]42 %
    #105 (DiskInfo showing OFS instead of FAT) [5/19]26 %
    #25 (Shell won't open from icon that leave out) [0/19]0 %
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 1 month ago
Hello,

This month's IBOTM marks half a year of running this activity! To celebrate this, this time not one, but two bugs will be selected.

First bug will be selected using regular rules via the poll above.

Second bug, will be selected to award people who have been consistent on voting on things they find important but didn't have enough luck each time. The second bug will be selected by highest number of total votes in last 5 polls and combined with this poll.

The current total scoring is as follows:

#125 -> 7
#116 -> 6
#105 -> 8

In case both method end up selecting the same bug, the bug with second most total points will be selected.

As usual, you can read descriptions of bugs here: https://github.com/deadwood2/AROS/labels/IBOTM

Have fun and vote!
retrofaza, miker1264, Farox, magorium
Amiwell79Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 1 month ago
votedSmile
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 1 month ago
Voted for #116
Posted 1 month ago
deadwood, regarding bug #140, when using the Relabel command to rename a volume, you don't need to reboot the system to see the new name (as in the bug report), actually just do a "Refresh" on Wanderer, you get the same result by using the Backdrop comado "Menu Wanderer", just turn Backdrop activate/deactivate

This procedure also works when changing the icon to a Volume or folder, after "Refresh" from wanderer, the new icon will be visible.
Posted 1 month ago
Sorry deadwood, on that note on Aminet there is SmartWB10 which also includes sources in C.

SmartWB10 if I understand correctly allows an automatic update of the Workbench, I tried to compile it but it requires sources not in development, this could be useful if intehrated in the wanderer menu, or in the startup-sequence

http://aminet.net.../SmartWB10
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 1 month ago
@AMIGASYSTEM

Your post #4 is in Italian and I don't know what relation SmartWB would have with bug #140.
Posted 1 month ago
Sorry I thought I wrote it in English, now it is translated !

SmartWB is not directly addressing bug #140, but what I had written in post #4, in the sense that after the relabel, the new name would be immediately visible, without using the procedure I described in post #4.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 1 month ago
Ok, thanks for translation. Bug #140 is not about Relabel shell command, but about using Icon->Rename from Wandeder menu to relabel a disk.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 28 days ago
Hi All,

Just a reminder - one day left to vote!

As it stands right now, the winner of the poll would be #116, and the winner in total votes would be #105.

Total votes:
#123 - 12
#116 - 13
#105 - 13

However, as you can see we have a very tight race this month, so even one vote can now make the difference. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out...
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 26 days ago
And the voting is now closed!

Two bugs that will be tackled in April are: #116 and #105. Like
pixie, miker1264, Argo, Deremon
Amiwell79Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 24 days ago
Thank you Deadwood
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 10 days ago
Hi All,

Here is a fix for bug #105. This was implemented by Kalamatee around a year ago and now ported to ABIv0

https://axrt.org/development/DiskInfo-20240417.i386-aros.zip

As you can see on screen shot, both FAT disk and pendrive show file system correctly. Also the floppy disk icon in file system name is gone. If you find a case where the file system is still invalidly reported, please let me know.
Edited by deadwood on 17-04-2024 05:27, 10 days ago
amigamia, retrofaza, miker1264, aha
You do not have access to view attachments
M
miker1264Software Dev
Posted 10 days ago
Very nice! Thank you. Smile

And thanks to Kalamatee.
Posted 10 days ago
Tested the new "DiskInfo" on AROS One and it works perfectly, see screenshot !

Even the floppy disk icon on the Shared (SMB2) disappeared, although then the filesystem is not recognized
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 4 days ago
Hi,

Here is a fix for #116:

https://axrt.org/development/Wanderer.20240423.i386-aros.zip

The new version also contains fix from Kalamatee: when formatting a disk during InstallAROS, "ghost" icon of previous disk no longer remains.
retrofaza, aha, Farox, miker1264
Posted 4 days ago
Good news !

Successfully tested, "even multiple" files and folders can be deleted simply with Canc key !

To improve again as it happens on ABIv1, the recognition of the HardDisk Icon "NoDOS" is missing.

When you add a new HD, Wanderer shows a "Gray" Icon, on ABIv1 instead it is assigned NoDos Volume Icon, see screenshot !
amigamiaamigamiaAdmin
Posted 4 days ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM - Successfully tested, "even multiple" files and folders can be deleted simply with Canc key !

aka Delete Key for English based keyboards.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 4 days ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM

To improve again as it happens on ABIv1, the recognition of the HardDisk Icon "NoDOS" is missing.

When you add a new HD, Wanderer shows a "Gray" Icon, on ABIv1 instead it is assigned NoDos Volume Icon, see screenshot !

The functionality you are showing on screen shot has not yet been migrated to my repo from ABIv1, so we will have to wait for that.
Posted 4 days ago
@amigamia
Right, on some keyboards you also find also Del O Canc

@deadwood
Ok, mine was just a report, we will wait for the new feature in the next builds !
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 4 days ago
Ok, with that I'm closing April's IBOTM. Tomorrow we will open voting for May's bug!
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot edit the poll in this discussion thread.
You cannot vote on the poll in this discussion thread.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Users who participated in discussion: amigamia, deadwood, AMIGASYSTEM, Amiwell79, miker1264
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 7
Members Online 0

Total Members: 224
Newest Member: Zhule
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]