Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

History lesson

Last updated on 11 years ago
C
cavemannSoftware Dev
Posted 11 years ago
Here is an interesting chart that shows the number of games released for different gaming platforms. As you already know, Commodore, Amiga, and Atari have a place in gaming history :D

http://www.jesperjuul.net/ludologist/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Eo9kJ1.png
M
magoriumSoftware Dev
Posted 11 years ago
Sorry bout the late reaction, got some connection-probs.

That kinda statistics are nice (so thank yu for that), although i am very dissapointed in the Amiga-graph not running uptil today (or do i need an even bigger binocular :D). There is still software released almost every day :S
C
cavemannSoftware Dev
Posted 11 years ago
Yup, this chart has been roundly criticized by others too. There are many self published games on all platforms these days. The C64 also has new titles even now. Don't quote me, but I think the chart is counting commercially published games.

Also the chart does not take quality into account. Imo, there was a time when Amiga games far out shined the other platforms :D

It may just be me, but the chart seems to alter direction after the demise of a certain company named Commodore (circa 1993?) :|

Ps. I may need bigger bifocals too B)
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Users who participated in discussion: cavemann, magorium
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 6
Members Online 0

Total Members: 219
Newest Member: Luca91
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]