Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Site quirks, bugs, problems since last update

Last updated on 4 years ago
amigamiaamigamiaAdmin
Posted 4 years ago
Hello AROS dwellers,

This thread is to track a few issues still present on the newest CMS used for this site. A few have been fixed and applied already (i.e. HTML tags in PMs, posting for members in forums, etc. etc.)

There are still other issues lingering but if you find any, please reply to this thread and I will do my best to address it or report it to the CMS developers.

What has been acknowledged and being worked on is:

• Members can reset passwords but cannot change it in "Editing Profile"
M
magoriumSoftware Dev
Posted 4 years ago
I came across an issue that must be one of the most annoying and frustrating things that one has to face in live.

The text preview cripples me as an individual. It has a dislike for my left arm, and therefor just chops it off, and doing so without my consent.... even worse it doesn't even ask me if i would rather live with my left arm attached.

So... never again will we be able to \o/ cheer \o/ with both arms in preview mode.

People are now forced to live on without being able to experience a good cheer in preview mode, and that saddens me.

As a countermeasure, i am now going outside and am going to experience a bit of sunshine. then all should be good again Smile

PS: but on a more serious note, i haven't experience any functional limitations yet, other than mentioned. I'm still looking for them though Pfft
amigamiaamigamiaAdmin
Posted 4 years ago
\\o/ cheer \\o/

Try adding an extra left arm to escape the backslash. The single slash is a security risk and can be used as a SQL injection command. As a result, the single slash is not interpreted as a command and shows black but putting the extra slash tells the CMS it is intended as plain text and not a command.

I have attached a snippet of the code of the two cheers at top of this text.
amigamia attached the following image:
screen_shot_2020-06-27_at_102720_am.png
amigamiaamigamiaAdmin
Posted 4 years ago
Actually, I just realized the problem only exists in preview mode and not after posting the reply. I'll report that to the devs.

Thank you for your post Magorium.

I actually found another issue: I had the choice to edit my post right after I posted it. I tried to edit it and it didn't change. I tried to re-edit and the option is not available anymore?

hmmmm one more for the devs.
M
magoriumSoftware Dev
Posted 4 years ago

amigamia wrote:

@amigamia - Actually, I just realized the problem only exists in preview mode and not after posting the reply. I'll report that to the devs.

Thank you.

Indeed because now the post itself is mutilating my body, attaching another arm Pfft

I actually found another issue: I had the choice to edit my post right after I posted it. I tried to edit it and it didn't change. I tried to re-edit and the option is not available anymore?

That is the deep kind of meditation. I haven't been doing that yet. I would have to sharpen my pencil first for being able to do that. Now I feel sad again Grin

hmmmm one more for the devs.

Most certainly sounds like it.

Thank you.
amigamiaamigamiaAdmin
Posted 4 years ago

This is actually resolved. It was a config change I had made during troubleshooting of another issue and had it left it like that.
M
magoriumSoftware Dev
Posted 4 years ago

amigamia wrote:

@amigamia -

This is actually resolved. It was a config change I had made during troubleshooting of another issue and had it left it like that.

Shame on you ! I sentence you to a minimum of 10 minutes sunshine !

PS: the pm i send you with the error. It just happened again so seem consistent.
M
magoriumSoftware Dev
Posted 4 years ago
L****test issue c****n been seen ****t the ****bi thre****d th****t you st****rted.

or without swearing removal active:
Latest issue can been seen at the abi thread that you started.

It's fixed, so thank you amigamia.
Edited by magorium on 28-06-2020 19:42, 4 years ago
M
magoriumSoftware Dev
Posted 4 years ago
New 'issue', if you can call it that.

Whenever you edit your post, then switch to preview mode, the message-editor's toolbar stays active.

Perhaps not an issue you might think, until you start pressing all these nice buttons. Then switch back to text-mode. How nice that all actions where actually performed while viewing the post in preview mode.... now to remember where you put that cursor before you went to preview mode (and as such which part of your post was being messed up).

In preview mode you are able to select text, so perhaps expected that highlighted text to be 'italised', 'bolded' or 'underlined' but , nope Smile

PS: i am still completely disoriented by the word-wrapping acrobatics of preview mode btw Pfft
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 4 years ago
Just replying to test. Please ignore.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 4 years ago
@amigamia

Seems that posting issues are almost gone. I was able to post 6 replies. Once, after hitting Post Reply the page just re-loaded but hitting Post Reply again created the post correctly.
amigamiaamigamiaAdmin
Posted 4 years ago
Yes most of the issues have been corrected after I rebuilt the site and stitched together MySQL database tables to match the new format. There are still a few small things here and there but MUCH better than before. Thanks for your feedback
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator
Users who participated in discussion: amigamia, magorium, deadwood
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 11
Members Online 0

Total Members: 216
Newest Member: Farox
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]