Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

AROS ABIv0 20220318-1 Support

Last updated on 11 days ago
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 15 days ago
On StackMon I commented in the other thread.

For DTCovert GUI it looks like application problem. It also crashes when just started and clicking Convert without doing anything else. I won't look into this further unless it is tested that it works correctly on previous AROS release.
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 15 days ago
With DTCovert GUI on WMware and on Native PC I don't have a Guru if I just click on Convert, both with the reference Build and on AROS One, the Guru only happens if you try to convert a non-existent file!
Edited by AMIGASYSTEM on 03-06-2024 12:54, 15 days ago
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 15 days ago
Native will not detect certain bugs that are captured by hosted.
Posted 13 days ago
@deadwood

On Wanderer, but also on Workbench it is not possible to display .info files, if for example you have to delete an icon associated with a file or Directory you cannot do it with Wanderer, you have to do it with a Filemanager.

In my opinion this could be solved by adding the "List" command to the Wandererer menu, as they did with Ambient on MOS
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 13 days ago
Well, I haven't given much thought of what the solution might be.
O
OlafSchMember
Posted 13 days ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM - @deadwood

On Wanderer, but also on Workbench it is not possible to display .info files, if for example you have to delete an icon associated with a file or Directory you cannot do it with Wanderer, you have to do it with a Filemanager.

In my opinion this could be solved by adding the "List" command to the Wandererer menu, as they did with Ambient on MOS

On Magellan you can show associated info file and you can even easily change the icon. And removing icon file can be easily added, at least on 68k because there are commands that do this. You cannot really make Wanderer modern like Magellan or Scalos. It is 3.1 level desktop, not more not less

it would be better if Deadwood concentrates his efforts getting f.e. scalos bugfixed and optimized where necessary
Posted 13 days ago
All recent AROS fixes and updates are for Wanderer, Dopus Magellan if no developer works on it to update it will have no future on AROS.
O
OlafSchMember
Posted 13 days ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM - All recent AROS fixes and updates are for Wanderer, Dopus Magellan if no developer works on it to update it will have no future on AROS.

Fortunately not your decision
Posted 13 days ago
You mistranslated, I said that all the fixes made on AROS are for Wanderer! It's been decades since anyone got their hands on Magellan and it's going to be even harder in the future, get over it, nostalgia aside, one must look ahead

Wanderer has so much potential, you will see that in the future it will be more modern and functional than the old Magellan !

If you want to continue discussing, let's HERE
N
ntromansJunior Member
Posted 13 days ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM - @deadwood

Hi Amigasystem,
Please find attached a little Hollywood tool to delete .info files only. If started from Wanderer or from the shell with no file argument, it will open an app window onto which to drop files for icon deletion, However, if started from the shell or, best option, by dropping a file onto its icon in Amistart, it will run just once deleting that icon.

The program will check the file has an icon, will check with a requester the user does want to delete that icon, and can delete 'orphaned' icons with no associiated file.

Give the file upload limit here, I've provided it as source code and applet.

Let me know what you think and if useful if its functionality needs tweaking.

Cheers,
Nigel.
N
ntromansJunior Member
Posted 13 days ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM - @deadwood

Hi Amigasystem,
Please find attached a little Hollywood tool to delete .info files only. If started from Wanderer or from the shell with no file argument, it will open an app window onto which to drop files for icon deletion, However, if started from the shell with a file argument or, best option, by dropping a file onto its icon in Amistart, it will run just once deleting that icon.

The program will check the file has an icon, will check with a requester the user does want to delete that icon, and can delete 'orphaned' icons with no associiated file.

Give the file upload limit here, I've provided it as source code and applet.

Please let me know what you think and if useful if its functionality needs tweaking.

Cheers,
Nigel.
Edited by ntromans on 05-06-2024 15:53, 13 days ago
You do not have access to view attachments
Posted 13 days ago
Thanks ntromans I will try it out and put it on the next AROS One.

However there are also other applications on AROS such as Dopus4 and MCAmiga to delete .info files

My request is that this function could be integrated into the Wanderer menu as they did on Ambient (MOS) using the List command, which Ambient inherited from Magellan, Ambient is based on Magellan but extensively updated.
N
ntromansJunior Member
Posted 13 days ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM - Thanks ntromans I will try it out and put it on the next AROS One.

However there are also other applications on AROS such as Dopus4 and MCAmiga to delete .info files

My request is that this function could be integrated into the Wanderer menu as they did on Ambient (MOS) using the List command, which Ambient inherited from Magellan, Ambient is based on Magellan but extensively updated.

What would be a 'quick win' is if we could add applications to Wanderer's 'Tools' menu; then any number of little appications such as the icon delete one could be easily added.

Cheers,
Nigel.
Posted 13 days ago
Your application is great for deleting files, but on Wanderer the .info files are not visible "if they are associated with a file" and drag the icon you also delete the associated file!

For your app i sent you a PM
N
ntromansJunior Member
Posted 13 days ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM - Your application is great for deleting files, but on Wanderer the .info files are not visible "if they are associated with a file" and drag the icon you also delete the associated file!

For your app i sent you a PM

The file itself should definitely not be deleted, just the ,info - at least that's the behaviour I'm getting here (tested with multiple files and drawers) but this is with the script compiled for AROS rather than an applet (please see the reply to your pm).

Cheers,
Nigel.
pixiepixieMember
Posted 13 days ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

Could you just pin point where Ambient inherites/is based of Magellan?

Ambient is the build-in MUI-based desktop environment for MorphOS[8], the development was started in 2001 by David Gerber. Its main goals were that it should be fully asynchronous, simple and fast.[9] Ambient remotely resembles Workbench and Directory Opus Magellan trying to mix the best of both worlds.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MorphOS
AFAIK Directory Opus isn't MUI based, so I wonder where did you get the idea that Ambient is based (not inspired by) on Magellan...
Edited by pixie on 05-06-2024 19:05, 13 days ago
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 12 days ago
Guys, please continue the discussion on new features of Wanderer in a separate thread.

Also if anyone is interested in developing those features, I'll be more than happy to give introduction to AROS code base and development process.
Posted 12 days ago
deadwood I have noticed that on AROS, if in windows you display files and folders "by Detail" if text highlighted the Font adapts to the background, the colour of the "Font" becomes "Black" on light backgrounds, it becomes "White" if the background is dark (see screenshot).

In the View by Icon this does not happen, consequently on AROS you cannot use a light background or worse a White background.

Probably this font colour change is a Zune Prefs setting, but it would be nice if the colour change would also be available in the normal view in both Icons and Detail
M
miker1264Software Dev
Posted 12 days ago
DtConvert GUI is one of my older projects. It doesn't do error checking on NULL strings for source name or destination name. The NULL strings cause it to crash.
Edited by miker1264 on 06-06-2024 18:25, 12 days ago
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 11 days ago
@AMIGASYSTEM

I don't see any automatic adaptation - see attached screen shots. The non-selected font is always black, the selected font is always white with a blue background.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Users who participated in discussion: nikos, deadwood, AMIGASYSTEM, pixie, ntromans, Amiwell79, miker1264, OlafSch, matteo, Farox
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 17
Members Online 0

Total Members: 235
Newest Member: pikewerfer
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]