Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Odyssey Web Browser 32-bit

Last updated on 15 days ago
G
Gundam2Newbie
Posted 27 days ago
@deadwood:

Apparently it does NOT save cookies.

Also, the page "search.brave.com" generally works, BUT:
- when clicking on the "settings" button (on the right of the page), nothing happens.
- try asking any question; Leo (brave search AI bot) should display the answer, instead, it is not displayed.
Edited by Gundam2 on 21-08-2024 12:59, 27 days ago
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 27 days ago
I'll check the cookies topic.

As for search.brave.com website, even with the update the engine might still be too old to support it.
G
Gundam2Newbie
Posted 27 days ago
Deadwood,

Try this github page https://github.co...8cd09c1ca5

it shows a "spinning circle" indefinately; it should show information (loaded via ajax, presumably)
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 27 days ago
Yes, github also does not render correctly with this version of engine.
N
ntromansMember
Posted 27 days ago
Wow, I didn't expect this so quickly after the 'teaser' - brilliant work!

I can confirm the OWB 2.0 does wotk on atom based machined (I've been testing it on my Samsung n139(.

I can also confirm cookies are not saved and the crash when trying to use the search bar.

So far I haven't found a site that worked on the old OWB that does not work on the new. I've also been trying some sites whih didn't work with the old but the lack of cookies is getting in the way (e.g. trying to log into GiffGaff.com is not possible without cookies). I aslo can't log into AROSWorld, agan I think due to cookies. On the plus aise I've noticed Amazon pages render more reliaibly, Simiarly ebay, although some images don't render.

Many, many thanks,
Nigel.
N
ntromansMember
Posted 27 days ago
By the way, in the Wayfarer thread I comitted to donating funds to that effort, and I'd ike to do that same for this - what would be the best way to do that?

Cheers,
Nigel.
Edited by ntromans on 21-08-2024 15:48, 27 days ago
N
ntromansMember
Posted 27 days ago
Just found bbc.co.uk/news does not render as well as under the old owb - text is overwritten and page rendering is much slower. Also, as was the case for the old owb, not all of the pictures are rendered.

Also, pressing RMB when over an image to get the context menu gives an error (please see below).

Cheers,
Nigel.
Edited by ntromans on 21-08-2024 18:11, 27 days ago
You do not have access to view attachments
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 27 days ago

ntromans wrote:

@ntromans - Wow, I didn't expect this so quickly after the 'teaser' - brilliant work!

Thanks, it was intensive two weeks.

ntromans wrote:

I can confirm the OWB 2.0 does wotk on atom based machined (I've been testing it on my Samsung n139(.

I can also confirm cookies are not saved and the crash when trying to use the search bar.

So far I haven't found a site that worked on the old OWB that does not work on the new. I've also been trying some sites whih didn't work with the old but the lack of cookies is getting in the way (e.g. trying to log into GiffGaff.com is not possible without cookies). I aslo can't log into AROSWorld, agan I think due to cookies. On the plus aise I've noticed Amazon pages render more reliaibly, Simiarly ebay, although some images don't render.

Many, many thanks,
Nigel.

Thank you for extensive testing!
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 27 days ago

ntromans wrote:

@ntromans - By the way, in the Wayfarer thread I comitted to donating funds to that effort, and I'd ike to do that same for this - what would be the best way to do that?

If you are happy with development and want to donate, I suggest you split between me and Jace (developer of Wayfarer). I alrady started using Wayfarer codes to speed up development and I will be using more of them, so the longer Jacek develops Wayfarer the more opportunities for AROS browser.

My link: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/4deadwood

Jacek's link: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/wayfarerbrowser
Argo, Amiwell79, miker1264, aha
A
Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 27 days ago
OK I will let you know when I make a donationSmile
M
miker1264Software Dev
Posted 26 days ago
I can't donate at the moment but within the next two weeks when I get paid I will make a donation to show support for development.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 26 days ago
No worries, everyone donates what they can, when they can. Just be sure to mention to Jacek, if there is some ability to add text to paypal transfer, that this donation comes from AROS user.
A
Posted 26 days ago
ok deadwood
A
Posted 26 days ago
in December I can make a large donation now unfortunately with the development of new software I have no more money I can only make small donations maybe like 50 euro at a time, sorry for the inconvenienceSad
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 26 days ago
@ Everyone who wishes to donate

I appreciate your donations and I wanted to give you clarity on what to expect from Odyssey 2.0:

- 90% of sites/functionalities that work with 1.26 should work with 2.0, so that the need to use 1.26 together with 2.0 should be minimal
- YT search page and some form of YT video playback works

Any other site or web functionality that starts working is an added bonus, but I won't be specifically targetting for it.
Argo, retrofaza, Amiwell79, miker1264
A
Posted 26 days ago
Very well deadwood, thanksSmile
N
ntromansMember
Posted 25 days ago

deadwood wrote:

If you are happy with development and want to donate, I suggest you split between me and Jace (developer of Wayfarer). I alrady started using Wayfarer codes to speed up development and I will be using more of them, so the longer Jacek develops Wayfarer the more opportunities for AROS browser.

My link: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/4deadwood

Jacek's link: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/wayfarerbrowser

Many thanks - I'll get onto that over the weekend.

I'm finding some sites which could not be used with the old owb are accressibe with the new:

dacia.co.uk - blocked the old owb ("Your browser is too old..." message) but viewable with new.

www.amigashow.com - does not show text on old owb, fully viewable in new.

Google maps is useable agan (very slow on an atom cpu but I guess this reflects the relative weakless of this cpu - overall I'd say sites are rendered faster with the new owb).

One thing I've noticed for some sites (e.g. google maps) is after the page has apparently been loaded the progress bar can stall about 90% of the way across; I get the feeling this is due to the site not being able to work with cookies, but of course could be completely wrong.

I did get a ceash with https://www.halesowen.ac.uk/study/course/economics-a-level/ (see attached). This works on the old owb. Oddly enough it the crah only happended after the page had been open for several minutes.

Cheers,
Nigel.
Edited by ntromans on 23-08-2024 13:17, 25 days ago
You do not have access to view attachments
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 25 days ago
I'm glad to hear more sites work. I see if I can make that WebSockets crash go away.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 22 days ago
Some of you mentioned problems with cookies. Can you describe in more detail:

- where do you get these problems
- what are these problems (why do you think it's cookie problem)
- how to reproduce
A
Posted 22 days ago
I tried the dropbox page and the problem of cookies not being accepted was reported
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Users who participated in discussion: nikos, deadwood, AMIGASYSTEM, pixie, ntromans, Amiwell79, miker1264, Ilbarbax, Gundam2, lm
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 14
Members Online 0

Total Members: 254
Newest Member: GDroid
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]