Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Hello, and Help!

Last updated on 8 days ago
B
BBQ_TroyJunior Member
Posted 10 days ago
Yes, that version works.
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 10 days ago
OK, my hunch was correct, as I predicted a Floppy drive was not enabled in your hardware, that's because your Bios did not provide for a Floppy drive.

I assume that the previous installed Operating System (Windows, Linux) on that PC did not handle a Floppy either.

Importantly, Dopus4 i modified now works, but as mentioned other Floppy-enabled Applications will not work or will give errors when loading!
N
ntromansMember
Posted 10 days ago
Hi Troy,
A couple more thoughts in the USB:

• In trident prefs, with the devices shown trying saving the prefs to see if that helps.
  • If the above doesn't help, maybe try connecting the keyboard and mouse through a hub.

Cheers,
Nigel.
F
FaroxMember
Posted 10 days ago
Hi Troy
Has @ntromans suggested you could try the workaround i found some months ago when i had trouble with a gamepad.
You could find here
https://github.com/deadwood2/AROS/issues/141

Workaround:

"I think found why USB Pad/Joy (and maybe others USB ?) where not correctly used after a reboot (at least on AROS One where i tested), poseidon.prefs was missing in RAM:ENV/SYS directory.

I solved opening "trident" panel and then saving prefs, then copyed over to "AROS Live Drive:prefs/ENV-archive/SYS" so when you reboot the file "poseidon.prefs" is copyed in RAM:ENV/SYS directory and used by the system.

Now the gamepad is used every time without unplug/replug in."

Hope you solve it.
Posted 10 days ago
Farox I think it will work, since you have tested it can you kindly attach the file "poseidon.prefs" here so I can include it in the next version of AROS One, thank you !
N
ntromansMember
Posted 9 days ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM - Farox I think it will work, since you have tested it can you kindly attach the file "poseidon.prefs" here so I can include it in the next version of AROS One, thank you !

Unofrtunately Poseidon's prefs will reflect each person's unique setup (they are saved at the device level, so e.g. two different mice will have an entry each in the prefs) so it's not really possible to have a version you can generally distribute; each user will need to save their oiwn for their own hardware.

Cheers,
Nigel.
Posted 9 days ago
Thanks ntromans, I think you are right, that's why in AROS One there are no Audio preferences, Network etc.. what I don't understand is why some Hardware, for example the Sound Card on some PCs is automatically detected and on others you have to save the AHI preferences.
Maybe the plug and play hardware doesn't work properly on AROS?
F
FaroxMember
Posted 9 days ago
@AMIGASYSTEM don't know if possible...but i think we need to make some kind of script that run Trident, save prefs, and then copy the generated poseidon.prefs to prefs/ENV-archive/SYS so system will use it when boot again.
It's only an idea.
B
BBQ_TroyJunior Member
Posted 8 days ago
HI All,

Again, thanks for all the support and help.

FYI - I've tried every suggestion (except a usb hub as I don't have one at the moment) and a few other things regarding the mouse and keyboard. On my system there was no missing Trident config file in the RAM disk but I've been into Trident several times and saved working setups several times and copied the relevant files to the right location so that it will load into RAM on next boot, but the problem still exists unfortunately. My current work around is leave the mouse plugged in and unplug the keyboard for each boot. Once booted the mouse does seem to work (if its the only thing plugged in) and if I then plug in the keyboard (after boot) that works too. Obviously I'd rather not have to unplug the keyboard every time I start the computer up but the work around does get me going ok.

Is there a general system wide volume control in AROS One - like the volume control in the windows task bar?

@AMIGASYSTEM - OK understood about other programs that require a floppy I have had a TrackDisk.device error come up once before when trying to use something. At least I now know why and I can avoid those programs or if I really want to use one of them do something similar to what you did with the hex editor (attempt it at least).

Regards, Troy.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator
Users who participated in discussion: deadwood, AMIGASYSTEM, ntromans, Amiwell79, Farox, BBQ_Troy
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 6
Members Online 0

Total Members: 259
Newest Member: jma
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]