Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Odyssey Web Browser 32-bit

Last updated on 15 days ago
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 19 days ago
Thanks, added to TODO
L
lmNewbie
Posted 19 days ago

deadwood wrote:

@deadwood - Yes, github also does not render correctly with this version of engine.

deadwood wrote:

@deadwood - Yes, github also does not render correctly with this version of engine.

@deadwood:

Can it be a bug in ajax handling that may cause the site not to be rendered correctly ?
Can you check that ?
Or maybe some bug with fetch API (yes, owb 2.0 seems to support fetch api, according to html5test.com)
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 18 days ago
I doubt it's just an engine bug.

If you want to check it, take MorphOS 3.18 (it's available for free), setup it in QEMU (instructions are available on-line) and try how github looks in Wayfarer 1.20 (which has even newer engine than Odyssey 2.0)
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 18 days ago
Hi All,

A new version of Odyssey 2.0 is available. Enjoy and report crashes you encounter.

https://axrt.org/development/owb/i386/OWB-2.0-20240830.zip

Update these components (if not done already):
https://axrt.org/development/owb/i386/crt.library.20240820.zip
https://axrt.org/development/owb/i386/debug.library.20240819.zip
https://axrt.org/development/owb/i386/muimaster.library.20240801.zip

Fixes:
- fixed Subresource Integrity support (solves arosnews.github.io issues)
- fixed saving cookies from Java Script
- fixed Cookie Manager window
- fixed crash when using search text box
- fixed duplication of cookies (solves archives.aros-exec.org, amigaworld.net)

Known issues:
- downloads are not working
- context menus are disabled
- media player is disabled - no videos on YT for now
- certificates path is hardcoded to system default path (ENV:SYS/Certificates/ca-bundle.crt)
- disabling SSL check does not work
- window must be kept active to process events
- dragging an image causes crash
- exiting settings causes bottom bar to missrender
- WebSockets are not working
retrofaza, Amiwell79, miker1264
A
Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 18 days ago
many thanks Deadood
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 18 days ago
Perfect Deadood , now OWB is greatly improved and I believe it is already ready to be included on the new AROS One, thank you for your efforts and work.
N
ntromansMember
Posted 18 days ago
Many thanks - downloading now!

Cheers,
Nigel.
N
ntromansMember
Posted 18 days ago
Posting from OWB 2.0 Smile Cookies definitely seem to be working now for me as is the search box, great news.

If feedback is going back to Jace, one issue which is also present in the latest Wayfarer (and has been for some time) is when on the GiffGaff site you can't select the 'Accept terms and conditions' button' (I'm guessing htis is a Javascript issue). Unfortunately to test this you need a GiffGaff login to get to the top-up purchase page, so probably a difficult one to debug. This is also in new OWB but I appeciate it's not something that would be in the scope of its current development.

Cheers,
Bigel.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 18 days ago
@ntromans

I'm not planning on doing site-specific debugging with relation to rendering. If the site crashes browser, I can take a look of course.

With regards to rendering, the baseline is Wayfarer 1.21 on MorphOS 3.18. If site renders correctly there but not in OWB, there might be a bug in OWB - or just the difference between 2.24 and 2.30 WebKit engine, but for that I have a local build of WebKitGTK 2.24 which can be used to verify this.
Edited by deadwood on 31-08-2024 03:05, 18 days ago
A
Posted 18 days ago
I wanted to try it out on my netbook with surprise it works and also fast for the sites I am interested inSmile
N
ntromansMember
Posted 18 days ago

deadwood wrote:

@deadwood - @ntromans

I'm not planning on doing site-specific debugging with relation to rendering. If the site crashes browser, I can take a look of course.

With regards to rendering, the baseline is Wayfarer 1.21 on MorphOS 3.18. If site renders correctly there but not in OWB, there might be a bug in OWB - or just the difference between 2.24 and 2.30 WebKit engine, but for that I have a local build of WebKitGTK 2.24 which can be used to verify this.

Oh no, I didn't mean to look into it for OWB 2.0, I was just thinking to pass on to Jace as it's still an issue with the latest Wayfarer, which I think I'm correct is using the very latest WebKit. It works on iOS browser which is also WebKit so it must be something to do with teh imlementation (as mentioned, I suspect of the JavaScript). Maybe I should post myself over on MorphZone - to be homest I feel a bit of 'imposter syndrome' there as I only very occasionally use MorphOS and then just for the browser.

Cheers,
Nigel.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 17 days ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM - Perfect Deadood , now OWB is greatly improved and I believe it is already ready to be included on the new AROS One, thank you for your efforts and work.

I'd advice against it. Look how long the list of known issues is. I'll try to tackle the most basic problems in first order.
A
Posted 17 days ago
I still wait for Tiny Aros
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 17 days ago

OK on AROS One 2.6 i will leave the previous version of OWB 1.26

On OWB 2.0 have the "Favicon" been disabled? In "Manage Bookmarks" Menu "Quick Link" you can see white squares instead of the "Favicon"
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 17 days ago
Yes, favicons is another functionality that became broken during engine upgrade unfortunatelly.
nikosnikosDistro Maintainer
Posted 16 days ago
Whow, this update is way nice. Thanks Deadwood.
N
ntromansMember
Posted 15 days ago
For moodle2.halesowen.ac.uk, old OWB opens fine but new gives a simplified list display. Also on new OWB I could't access the links due to a certificate error (please see attahced) where I can with old OWB; the certificates file is the same for both OWBs.

Cheers,
Nigel.
You do not have access to view attachments
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Users who participated in discussion: nikos, deadwood, AMIGASYSTEM, pixie, ntromans, Amiwell79, miker1264, Ilbarbax, Gundam2, lm
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 18
Members Online 0

Total Members: 254
Newest Member: GDroid
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]